ID this head please

promethuem5

Hi all,

I have this Valk head that I found at like a lost and found place, but dont know that it is.

It's big, bigger than the 1/55. Its cast in white,a dn is a VF-1J head, but the antennae are the double barreled 1S antenna. The antenna and visor piece are cast in a bueish grey,a dn the green o the visor is an ill-fiting flat green sticker. there are no markings on the entire thing. the antennae move seperately,a dn there are clips that attached it to the bocyu,. one on each side, one being busted off. is held togeter by ONE screw infront of the right antenna mount.

Thanks, i cna post a piccie if needed

Ben

Here's pics:

PROMETHEUM5-Head%201.JPG

PROMETHEUM5-Head%202.JPG

PROMETHEUM5-Head%203.JPG

Last one's with a 1/100 and a 1/200 for scale...its alot bigger than a 1/55

Edited by promethuem5

I think it goes to the matchbox/exosquad version of the super vf-1s. That's the only thing I can think of that can hold a big head like that. Unless joons made a bigger valk that we didn't know of. :p:D:lol:

I agree. I'm pretty sure that's the head to the non-transormable Robotech "veritech" Matchbox toy. It was the one that the 3 3/4" figures could fit into.

It was trippy because it couldn't transform. But there were aspects of the design that showed that it might have been originally designed to do so. . . then they gave up on it.

Edit: Someone has even tried to to mod their matchbox in order to get it to transform. But I haven't seen that link in ages.

H

Edited by Hurin

I think it goes to the matchbox/exosquad version of the super vf-1s. That's the only thing I can think of that can hold a big head like that. Unless joons made a bigger valk that we didn't know of. :p:D:lol:

I have this toy, and pulled it out to compare to the pics and description.

Yep- same piece of garbage.

That's the source of your mystery head, Matchbox Robotech Veritech.

P.S. I found it for $1.25 at a yard sale, so don't make fun of me :p

yeah, it's often referred to as "My first valkyrie"... although it hardly rates the honor. Poorly sculpted and poorly equipped/detailed. It comes with fastpack boosters, but not the fuel tanks for the legs (which can't even bend to take the fuel tanks of they existed)

Matchbox initially meant to make this partially transformable (the 1st prototype that was made could switch to gerwalk mode), but never followed through in the production models. It can hold the 3 inch Robotech action figures.

Neat-o as it might sound, don't be fooled. This thing is asscheese pure and simple.

I know that Matchbox, EXO (Playmate) and Harmony GOld made the non transforming VF-1S. I did not know they made the VF-1J head.....???

Can someone confirm this?????

They all had the same head. It has the 1J visor but the 1S lasers.

This one on eBay looks similar, though the head sculpt is a bit more S like.  Seems like the head cannons are the same, though.

The one in the auction is one of those bootleg 1/60's that was originally sculpted out of a 1/100 Bandai. The head in question is about half as big as this bootleg. :D The head lasers don't really have much in common except for the the fact that there are 4 of them. The one thing they do have in common is that they are both crap. :lol:

Note: Edited to have a little more fun ranking these cheesy toys.

Edited by Valkfan

This one on eBay looks similar, though the head sculpt is a bit more S like.  Seems like the head cannons are the same, though.

Actually, that's not a Matchbox VF-1S. The one in the auction is one of those bootleg 1/60's that was originally sculpted out of a 1/100 Bandai. The head in question is about half as big as this bootleg.

Actually, it looks like it uses some 1/55 parts too. That is one ugly beast. But you're right, it bears no relation to the Matchbox RT toy.

H

Unless you're talking about a 1/100 bandai model, I think it's pretty hard to distinguish whether the design being copied is a 1/55 Taka/Bandai toy or a 1/100 Taka/Bandai.

In regards to what I said, I was referring to a 1/100 Bandai toy which of course was produced from the molds to a 1/100 Takatoku toy. I also bought one of these bootlegs to butcher for a project of mine and I will tell you that it is EXTREMELY obvious when holding it that the bootleg I was commenting on IS copied from a 1/100 toy. ;)

my little brother had one of those Matchbox POS valks. It was his only robotech toy and he loved it. :p After a while, I persuaded him to let me try and make it transformable. I completely butchered it (I was about 12 years old) and he was sooo P-d off! :blink::lol: Oh well, he got over it and the toy probably deserved to be mutilated anyway (big piece of sh**) Besides he destroyed enough fo my toys when we were kids. <_<

my little brother had one of those Matchbox POS valks. It was his only robotech toy and he loved it. :p After a while, I persuaded him to let me try and make it transformable. I completely butchered it (I was about 12 years old) and he was sooo P-d off! :blink::lol: Oh well, he got over it and the toy probably deserved to be mutilated anyway (big piece of sh**) Besides he destroyed enough fo my toys when we were kids. <_<

Speaking on behalf of little brothers everywhere, you owe him a 1/48 Yamato. ;)

I know that Matchbox, EXO (Playmate) and Harmony GOld made the non transforming VF-1S.  I did not know they made the VF-1J head.....???

Can someone confirm this?????

They all had the same head. It has the 1J visor but the 1S lasers.

hey a new valk type! perhaps we'll se a 1R'ish toy of it.

Wouldn't that be neato?

Unless you're talking about a 1/100 bandai model, I think it's pretty hard to distinguish whether the design being copied is a 1/55 Taka/Bandai toy or a 1/100 Taka/Bandai.

In regards to what I said, I was referring to a 1/100 Bandai toy which of course was produced from the molds to a 1/100 Takatoku toy. I also bought one of these bootlegs to butcher for a project of mine and I will tell you that it is EXTREMELY obvious when holding it that the bootleg I was commenting on IS copied from a 1/100 toy. ;)

I'll take your word for it, but can you point to something in particular that makes the bootleg more like a 1/100 than a 1/55? The only thing I can think of is the hands, which don't retract.

I remember that the bootleg has a different kind of chest locking mechanism from the 1/55--is that more like the 1/100?

That's weird how they would make a VF-1J head with 1S laser ears. Didn't they know how the 1S head looks like? I guess cause the main character flew in the 1J and and the 1S so they incorporated both. :p:D:lol:

Edited by BoBe-Patt

I'll take your word for it, but can you point to something in particular that makes the bootleg more like a 1/100 than a 1/55? The only thing I can think of is the hands, which don't retract.

I remember that the bootleg has a different kind of chest locking mechanism from the 1/55--is that more like the 1/100?

This item has the same chest locking mechanism that you are talking about. Another area that shows that it's a blown up 1/100 would be the legs. The landing gear as well as the feet are definitely of 1/100 origin. It's too bad that I butchered up the few that I had, or I would take pictures in a side by side comparison. <_<

However, I stand corrected by Hurin, the mid arm section, mid leg sections and the 1990 reissue head are more like a Bandai 1/55. Basically, if you hold one of these in your hands next to a 1/100 you'll see that everything else is copied from the 1/100. ;)

Hey Lord Kungfu, would you be able to show us a picture of the retractable hands on that "small bootleg" you're holding? :blink:

Edited by Valkfan

in all honesty, this doesn't look SO bad, if i was little and i could handle the fact that it doesn't transform, this would be an ok toy. especially since the figures can get in and out.

if it could at least go into gerwalk mode it would be pretty dern cool. (for a little kids toy)

post-4-1094540886.jpg