ID this head please

promethuem5

in all honesty, this doesn't look SO bad, if i was little and i could handle the fact that it doesn't transform, this would be an ok toy. especially since the figures can get in and out.

if it could at least go into gerwalk mode it would be pretty dern cool. (for a little kids toy)

according to the product promotional video for the toy line, that toy was destined to transform. It transformed in the video (the first special disc of the Mospeada series in the robotech line of DVDs)

It terms of transformation:

The chest/back piece is one solid piece, no folding, no head hole.

The arms are 2 halfs screwed together, bothe arm pieces are missing one side.

The legs have no knee joints.

The legs have a socket locking them in place, even when unscrewed.

The swinging shoulder hinges are present and would be functional, except the shoulders are designed as one piece, like the forearms.

If one wanted to take the time and effort, he could redesign this toy to transform, recasting the parts. It would be easy to cast because the parts are so large. Difficulty arises from needing to make knee joints, hands and rotating shoulder joints.

It is obvious that this thing's trasnformation process is strongly based on the Bandai 1/55... and that may be why they stopped it... the transformation may have been a patent infringement. Even though the shape is awful.

If someone were to make and cast a transformable version, the question would be if anyone would even WANT to buy one from whoever did it...

If someone were to make and cast a transformable version, the question would be if anyone would even WANT to buy one from whoever did it...

I agree, why bother. It's like taking a step backwards.

I like the Matchbox toys though, except the figures. And would have probably skipped this one. But the Galugs and regult looked good next to the 1/55s and the Invids looked good next to the Gakkens.

Heh... this was solved waaaay to quickly. It started out like some kind of Macross CSI. We found a VF-1J head. No body. Irregular size. Immediately we should secure the scene and collect all kinds of weird evidence and lay them out on a lit table in a dim room, before testing various colored liquids in beakers and firing a gun into a bag of sand. Then we should done all kinds of unneccesary tests on how it was beheaded, the DNA of everyone involved and ultimately concluded that a pissed off Macross fan paid good money for a crap Matchbox Robotech My First Veritech on eBay. :lol: