Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

The two halves bit is a direct homage to the RX-78, and then the sillouette packs give it it's add-ons.

The Impulse is to the Strike what the Mk. II was to the RX-78 gundam in a way. Has some shades of GP01 in there to me. It's acceptable to me, the "aile" version doesn't look bad, undecided on the other 2 starter packs though until I see them in the show. Chaos and Abyss just look crappy though. The Gaia I acyually like, and the Savior isn't anything special, but at least acceptable. Looks better than the Airmaster at least. Abyss is inexcusable. Chaos really does look like it's trying to do a gerwalk. <_< Few mecha issues aside the show itself I am still quite looking forward too, as long as they clear up loose ends this time over it's run.

Edited by Anubis

The black one (I haven't bothered to get the names down yet) looks pretty good. I mean, it transforms into a BuCue-like...thing, how cool is that? I'd buy one.

Isn't it also the first transforming Gundam to transform into a quadruped design?

Yep, the Gaia does become a quadraped.

Also, Chaos's "barrels" actually are gunbarrels apparrently.

Gunota Headlines has a bunch of new pics up.

post-26-1093196616_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

One that was kind of funny:

Athrun, doing his best to end the Quattro Bageena comparisons

post-26-1093196860_thumb.jpg

So...their weapons pods eh? Humm....I prefer the Gunbarrel Dagger's take on the weapons pods.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-msv/...a1+aqme-x04.htm

From the rest of the pics on Gunota's site, it looks like Shin was at Orb when the Earth forces attack it... interesting.

Yeah, and his family was apperantly killed then. Would make quite a bit of anger towards the EA. Can't have a main character without any teen angst after all. :lol:

Now there's going to be a Seed Destiny astray as well, taking place in the two years in between Seed and Seed Destiny.

link

Now there's going to be a Seed Destiny astray as well, taking place in the two years in between Seed and Seed Destiny.

link

Is it just me or is Bandai taking their merchandising way over the top? <_<

Might be a good thing, probably lots of stuff that would need to be filled in for those 2 years to know just what exactly is going on. I don't doubt there will be events in the anime that were caused by the events spoken in the two year gap which DESTINY ASTRAY will take off from.

But uh, anyone notice how V Gundam like the Astray there looks?

Damn Gunotoa Headlines is useful:

On this one I am going to say: WTF? :huh:

Rumored name: Neo Roanoke

Note that he has a Fed uniform.

post-26-1093376541_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Some gifs from the new trailer.

Shin at Orb during the fight

post-26-1093376676.gif

There's another one that shows the Impulse linking up just like the RX-78 used to in flight, but it was just past the size limit for here.

wow...another char look-a-like :lol::lol:

how umm...very original :lol::lol:

oh well, athrun is actually more like char IMO and some others...

I really hope this doesn't end up being a total rehash of older gundam series <_<

wow...another char look-a-like :lol::lol:

how umm...very original :lol::lol:

oh well, athrun is actually more like char IMO and some others...

I really hope this doesn't end up being a total rehash of older gundam series <_<

Seeing as how SEED ended up I think there is a very good chance of that.

What the hell, did Ariga Fllaga make two clones of himself?

Considering how much of a nut he was, choosing a clone over his own son, it's definitely possible.

It's also possible that we've just once again fallen victim to Hisashi "Clone 'Em All" Hirai and his identical character designs.

Here's the main Japanese Cast list.

The masked man's voice might raise an eyebrow or two. It's common to recycle VA's though, as seen with Rey (Zaku Pilot) and Stellar (Gaia Pilot) in this list. So have to wait and see if it's a plot clue. I don't think it's a coincidence though in this case.

Shin Asuka - Kenichi Suzumura (Shin Kudou from Macross Zero)

Lunamaria Hawke - Maaya Sakamoto (Hitomi from Vision Of Escaflowne, Reika from Rahxephon)

Stellar Loussier - Houko Kuwashima (Flay & Natarle from Gundam SEED)

Sting Oakley - Junichi Suwabe (Greed from Full Metal Alchemist)

Auel Neider - Masakazu Morita (Tidus from Final Fantasy X)

Meyrin Hawke - Fumiko Orikasa (Seras Victoria from Hellsing, Kim Hotaru from Rahxephon)

Gilbert Dullindal - Shuuichi Ikeda (Char Aznable from MSG)

Talia Gladys - Mami Koyama (Kycilia Zabi from MSG)

Rey Za Burrel - Toshihiko Seki (Rau Le Creuset from SEED)

Earth Forces masked man (Neo Roanoke?) - Takehito Koyasu (Mu La Flaga from SEED)

Athrun Zala - Akira Ishida

Cagalli Yula Athha - Naomi Shindou  

Edited by Anubis

Just from the trailer you see Kira, Lacus, and Milliaria already, so it would be no surprise (and welcome) to have Murrue as well later on.

Edited by Anubis

Earth Forces masked man (Neo Roanoke?) - Takehito Koyasu (Mu La Flaga from SEED)

:ph34r: He lived!!!!!

How? When we see his helmet floating out in space with the visor shattered...

Watch it be his actual father or something. Either that or a cloned evil Mu.

:p the bad ass hero rarely ever dies unless you actually SEE HIM die....wait......Strike went boom......uuuuhhhhhhhhh okay okay I got it!

Like he always says! "I make the impossible, possible!" so HAHA! Beat that yeah!....... :blink: .........haha........heh......

Okay two possibilities really.........either he's a clone of Mwu...or it is Mwu.....Takehito has a very unique voice to him, I can name ALOT of anime he's been in and I don't think he can disguise his voice too well compared to other VA's in Japan....so my guess is, clone or original of Mwu, if he's a clone, now wouldn't THAT be somehow an interesting twist if he came in contact with Murue?

I mean Crueste and Mwu had a connection between eachother, would you think Neo could have a connection with Mwu and know about his feelings for Murue? Hmmmmmmmmmm now that sounds interesting I think.

Kenichi should be good at playing Shin Asuka, since the character is suppose to have a rather dark attitude from his family being killed, and will more than likely try to act mature about things until he goes Beserk or something, that should be good....

but Shuuichi, now they're bringing in the big guns....I'd LOVE to see him just kick ass with the role, I hope this guy actually turns out to be like how Char was, cool, collective yet a bit phsycotic...I really hope this character makes a dynamic twist into the story.

Hmmmmmmm........that's my 2 cents, if they got a rather impressive crew on them, this could turn out nice