[R.I.P.] Hugh Hefner

Old_Nash

1 hour ago, myk said:

After many years I subscribed again just to honor Mr. Hefner...

I was a subscriber for over ten years till the magazine went full hipster and ended nudity. Those issues were unbearable to read. Even though Playboy brought back nudity it was too late for me.

On a side note my ex-wife posed for Playboy back in 2001 for their college coverage.

I think I had a free subscription to Playboy at one point. Or somehow got a few free issues. I know I only own the one sealed Star Wars issue with the Asian actress that was the bad girl in Sky Captain. A website that probably got shut down had all the images of the Playmates and it was interesting to see how the look of the photos changed from the early days to present.

The best Playboy memory I have is visiting one of the Playboy Club Hotels. I was a very young and just remember girls in bunny suits and they had I think water features all around the lobby. I didn't even know that there was a magazine then, just that it was a cool hotel with girls in cute costumes. I can't believe they let kids in. I'm sure I was barely ten years old or so. I think it closed down or isn't a Playboy Club anymore. I wish they stayed open though because it was far better than the Hooters and whatever else is out there these days.

11 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I was a subscriber for over ten years till the magazine went full hipster and ended nudity. Those issues were unbearable to read. Even though Playboy brought back nudity it was too late for me.

Yeah, they went full retard with that move, which is why I don't think that, with The Hef gone, it'll survive for much longer