Contents review #47

Mechanic

DYRL UN 03a VF-1a: normal and FAST packs. Extra report on the Armoured VF-1J. Interesting line art on the cockpit and ejector seat.

M7 Cit 01b: City 7 Civilian Vehicles: Trailer Shuttle, Large Trailer/Truck, Space-use Bikes.

M7 UN 13a: Macross 7 Fleet Vehicles: City Police Machine (the variable patrol craft), UN Forces Armoured Vehicle & Armoured Tank, and the Patrol Car.

Characters

M0 AUN 04a Dr. Hasford: most interesting is the line art of his wheelchair.

M7 Cit 06a: Fire Bomber's Fans: flower girl, Rekkusu and her biker gang, and Mireena's boy fan.

DYRL UN 07a: Kakizaki Hayao

Timeline DYRL 01: start to capture by Zentraadi at Saturn and Misa and Hikaru's escape. Extra reports on the Zentraadi Attack (on Earth), with content from the SDFM: DYRL game. Other is Existence of the Meltrandi Forces.

History M7 10a: Sound Buster Strategy [operations]. Looks like it's the end of the Protodevlin War. Extra reports on Macross 7 After That (operation), with D7 content, and The Evolution to a Spiritia Self-Regenerating Species (about the Protodevlin).

Worldguide 29a: Facilities within the Macross. DYRL content. Looks like it won't be part of the Mechanic sheet after all...

Technology: 01p: Variable Fighter Development History 04. This is probably the most interesting page in the issue. Front: Super High Performance VFs, the YF-24 family. Extra report on Fold Quartz at the Core of the ISC. Reverse: The YF-24 plan and the manned/unmanned craft question/problem. YF-24 development plan further divided into secitons on ISC, EX-Gear, Linear Actuator, and the Stage II Thermonuclear Turbines. With further paragraphs on the development of the prototype YF-24 and the completion of the YF-24 Evolution. There's more on the road to the YF-24 Evolition, with talk of the QF-4000, VF-171, AIF-7S, VF-19 and VF-22, and even a picture of Isamu Dyson! Extra report comparing the performance of the VF-25 and VF-27.

Second sheet front: the development of the VF-25, with subsections on VF-25 variations. The development of the VF-27, with subsections on teh VF-27 Beta and VF-27 Sigma. Reverse is on ISC, and two families: the YF-24 Family (YF-24 -> YF-24 Evolution (:!:) -> VF-25/27 (with VF-19 inputting into the VF-25, and the YF-21/VF-22 inputting into the VF-27), and the ISC lineage (Queadlunn-Rau -> YF-21 -> YF-24 (external) -> YF-24 Evolution -> VF-25/7

Thoughts: There's a YF-24 AND a YF-24 Evolution?!

Glossary #25: noteworthy content: Milkydolls, Minmei Doll, Moaramia Jifon (Macross M3), Moori (MDM VF-X), Yuuri Yui (MDM VF-X).

Extra Sheet: Production Data: DYRL, FB2012, and SDFM II.

Goods sheet: Yamato 1/2000 complete transforming SDF-1 Macross Prototype Replica Kit (H.D.P. specification)

#48 preview images: VF-3000 Crusader AND Variable Gluag painting FTW! Aruto, DYRL Nousjadel-Ger, VF-25F, Raiza Hoirii. There's also an offer (or ad) for Hikaru's fan racer. Reverse cover has an add for Hidetaka Tenjin Art Works of Macross Valkyries - if I'm reading it correctly, it's the 5th update or reprint, and the cover says that it includes Macross F mechanical art!!!

Revised predictions from #47

Mechanic:

M0 - UN

05 Ship-Borne aircraft - transport helicopters, refuelling craft, F-14A+ if we're lucky.

SDFM - UN

01d SDF-1 ship systems (fold drive, gravity control, PPB control, etc.)

I wonder if we'll ever see the VEFR-1/VF-1G and the magic hands...

M7 - UN

11 ??? Destroids?

13 Macross 7 Fleet Vehicles <- Missed

Zentraadi <- not coming???

01 Quadlunn-Rau

02 Meltraandi Fleet

Varoota

01c transformation

02 Az-130 (maybe a B sheet, with transformation)

04b Varoota fleet: remaining 5 ships

Citizen

01b City 7 Citizen Vehicles <- Missed

MF - UN

01b City Frontier

Civilian

03a Super parts. Transformation, too?

Etc

02b (Macross Galaxy) Mainland

04 Macross Galaxy Fleet (Deneb Class, Darfim)

DYRL - UN

01D ship interior (non-bridge sections) <- Appeared as a worldguide sheet

03a VF-1a <- Called it

04a VT-1 and VE-1

Zentraadi

01 Regult, Nousjadel-ger, etc.

Meltrandi

03b Meltrandi fleet (rest of the ships)

MII - UN

02a VF-2JA Icarus

Extra Sheet

Game and Advanced Valkyrie 2 VF-3000

Game and Advanced Valkyrie 6 Remaining SDFM:DYRL content

History - M0

01 UN War

SDFM

16 Destruction of Earth

M7

04b remaining Protodevlin

10 End of the Varoota War <- called it

MII

01 MII entire history

Tech

01j ???

01p MF VFs <- called it

03c I've been left with a feeling that there is more to say on Emigrant ships. Especially about Mainland 1.

13 Supervision Forces equipment/weapons

16 Varoota equipment/weapons

17 Protoculture equipment/weapons

Worldguide

02a UN Spacy

03a ???

12 General Galaxy

28 South Ataria Island

29 Facilities within the Macross <- semi-called it

30 Varoota War

Edited by sketchley

My prediction:

Mechanic:

Zero:

UNS 5: MonsterMkI

etc1: Bird Human

SDFM:

probably UNS 3B (VF-1S)

PLUS

UNS 6: SDF-1 Macross

SEVEN:

UNS 11: Akusho

Zentradi 1: Chlore fleet

Varauta 2: Panzerzorene

Varauta 3 B: ships of the fleet

SEVEN MOVIE:

Civil 1: Queadluun-Quilqua

FRONTIER:

NUNS 8: various ships including SDFN-4

DYRL:

UNS4: VT-1/VE-1

MII:

UNS 2: VF-2JA Icarus

Characters

SEVEN

civil 9-13: City Office people? Guvava? Others?

7 movie:

civil 1: Emilia

Dynamite:

UNS1: Gamlin

Civil 7: Sazapie/Loschier

etc1: Liza Hoylie

DYRL

UNS 8: Global

civil 1: Kaifun

MII:

civil 3: Wendy Rider

History:

SDFM 16: Final battle

SDFM 18: Quamzin rebellion

M7 movie 1

MD7 1

MII 1

World:

2: Anti UN army

3: Protoculture

12: IA-cyborgs?

19 b: Ataria/Mayan

28: ?

Technology:

We need:

-ghosts

-IA/cyborgs

-micloning technology

-Varauta technology

Edited by gamlin

Yeah, it's DYRL. B))

:(

Contents review #47

Wow, super fast!

M7 Cit 06a: Fire Bomber's Fans: flower girl, Rekkusu and her biker gang, and Mireena's boy fan.

Uh!, They crammed all those characters in a single sheet? Pity, I love Rex's gang.

Thoughts: There's a YF-24 AND a YF-24 Evolution?!

Any juicy pics?

Edited by nexxstrait

Any juicy pics?

Of the YF-24? No. Only what was seen in the series.

I remember when the VF-25 image was first released, and Graham said that there's something in the nose cone. This page confirms what's in it: the ISC. After that, the article states that the prime differences between the VF-25 and VF-27 are variable wings (25), vs. cyborg pilot, armoured cockpit, and 4 thermonuclear turbine engines (27). With the 25 vs 27 ability chart, the 25 exceeds the 27 only in air power/proficiency (I'm taking this as atmospheric performance) and optional equipment.

From Macross F news preview:

#48 will have Macross Frontier Mechanical sheet (island 1)

#49 will have VT1 and VE1, plus Vajra worldguide (not sure about this)

Having seen this gorgeous VF3000 preview page, I still can't believe they have not given us a color VF4 Hikaru Battroid. Grrrrr....

100430_5.jpg

Edited by nexxstrait

Interesting. Perhaps the worldguide will also include some hints of what happened after the landing of the Macross F fleet?

Nevertheless, I'm glad that they've not only squeezed the VF-3000B (Bomber) in as an extra report, but it appears that they've also got the original "Advanced Valkyrie" model kit design in the side bar on the far right.

• 2 weeks later...

#48 images are up on the official site. Gorgeous Macross II worldguide illustration!

#49 contents are:

* ■メカニックシート

・VT-1 オストリッチ/VE-1 エリントシーカー

・Fz-109 エルガーゾルン

・バロータ艦隊

・クァドラン・キルカ

・民間車両

* ■キャラクターシート

・エミリア・ジーナス

・ガムリン・木崎

* ■タイムラインシート

・マルドゥークの侵攻と和平

* ■ヒストリーシート

・マクロス・シティ防衛戦

* ■ワールドガイドシート

・反統合同盟

・バジュラ

* ■テクノロジーシート

・無人機

* ■用語辞典

・リン・ミンメイ~ワレラ25258

* ■グッズシート

・マクロス関連ゲーム

* ■エクストラシート

・ゲーム&アドバンスドバルキリー8/スタンピードバルキリーほか

I've done a bit of googletranslation

Mechanical:

VE1 and VT1 (splash page)

Fz 109

[???] Vehicles

Character

Emilia Genius

Gamlin Kizaki (Dynamite perhaps?)

Timeline

Macross II !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Seto Kaiba will be happy/unhappy about this)

Technology

Unmanned vehicles

#49 contents are:

Mechanic:

VT-1 Ostrich / VE-1 ELINT Seeker

Fz-109 Erugaazorun

Baroota Fleet

Kwadoran Kiruka

Civilian Vehicles

Character:

Emiria Jiinasu

Gamurin Kakizaki

Timeline: Mardook Invasion and Peace

History: Macross City Defencive Battle

Worldguide:

Anti-UN Alliance

Vajra

Technology:

Unmanned Craft

Glossary: Rin Minmei - Warera 25258

Good Sheet: Macross Relted Games

Extra Sheet: G&AV 8: Stampede Valkyrie, others.

Kinda surprised that they're doing them all on one sheet...

Very surprised! Not just that it means that the movie timeline is over, but the entire Macross II OVA is covered on one sheet! I wonder if #50 will have a timeline...

History: Macross City Defencive Battle

Worldguide:

Anti-UN Alliance

These are all very interesting.

Vajra

?!?!? More? Perhaps, those evolved into spaceship-class lifeforms? Or just their homeworld?

Technology: Unmanned Craft

Interesting.

Good Sheet: Macross Relted Games

Finally!

Interesting.

Kinda surprised that they're doing them all on one sheet...

I expected it. Remember there is only one more number to go then it's over.

Very surprised! Not just that it means that the movie timeline is over, but the entire Macross II OVA is covered on one sheet! I wonder if #50 will have a timeline...

Maybe the whole Movie timeline is the Macross II timeline?

Technology: Unmanned Craft

Interesting.

I have a feel I know what this one is gonna mention about the Ghost-series. It will probably sound familiar to the blurb in the 1/72 RVF-25 model kit manual.

Now we (well, I) can only hope #50 will be a Macross II themed issue. There are still the VFJA (crosses finger for a battroid splash pake by Tenjin) and History sheets missing.

That's about the only mecha sheet left. Plus whatever B/C sheets left.

That's about the only mecha sheet left. Plus whatever B/C sheets left.

Don't forget the Az-130!

Of course, as an enemy mecha, I'd be very surprised if it makes the cover...

Glossary: Rin Minmei - Warera 25258

Could this be the final glossary sheet...?

I predict that the final issue MUST have a "Music CD" Goods Sheet. I was also kind of hoping for comics and novels Goods Sheets, but I guess that won't happen...

I predict that the final issue MUST have a "Music CD" Goods Sheet. I was also kind of hoping for comics and novels Goods Sheets, but I guess that won't happen...

Unless there's another few more volumes on the way which they haven't told us about...

Wasn't there a CD Sheet already (the one with the Galaxy Network songs and MF singles)?

I'm still hoping for a VFX Ravens characters sheet in the extras (ala Milky Dolls).

Wasn't there a CD Sheet already (the one with the Galaxy Network songs and MF singles)?

I'm still hoping for a VFX Ravens characters sheet in the extras (ala Milky Dolls).

That's too bad that none of video game characters have really been explored. It'd be nice if they at least came out with a CD of the extra stuff that didn't make the actual issues.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. So they're giving Macross II a timeline sheet after all? If they get the year right, then I'll consider it a rousing success, even though they seem to have completely forgotten a colossal portion (about 80 years worth) of the timeline including at least three plot-critical wars with the Zentradi.

Huh... wicked cool.

Criptic preview for issue 50 (from MF Blog)

そして、6月10日発売の50号で、本誌は完結となります。

50号では、マクロス・シリーズを通したVFの開発系譜を、

天神英貴氏描き下ろしの歴代VFイラストつきで特集するなど、

盛りだくさんな内容を予定しております。

今後もマクロス・クロニクルをお楽しみに!

詳しくは、ホームページをご覧ください。

From the images posted, #49 has M7 Dynamite Gamlin, as expected.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. So they're giving Macross II a timeline sheet after all? If they get the year right, then I'll consider it a rousing success, even though they seem to have completely forgotten a colossal portion (about 80 years worth) of the timeline including at least three plot-critical wars with the Zentradi.

Which isn't surprising, given that they neglected (pre-M+) and then (post M7) glossed over the non-anime sections of the Studio-Nue timeline. If we're lucky, we'll get the wars with the Zentraadi as an extra report.

#48 contents review

mechanic:

MF NUN 01b: Macross Frontier: Island 1 AND Island 3. Interesting overhead shot of the skin used for the 3D CG modeling of the interior of Island 3. Otherwise, it makes me feel that background details for MF are... not that much.

MF Cit 03b: VF-25F Messiah Super Parts and Armoured Pack. Extra report on the Fold Booster (standard, not the Super Fold Booster).

DYRL Zent 01a: Nuujaderu Gaa: nothing unexpected...

Citizen:

D7 Etc 01a: Raiza Hoirii: nothing unexpected...

MF Cit 01b: Saotome Arutoextra reports on "Ranka and Sheryl" and "Aruto as an actor".

Timeline

#02: the remaining half of DYRL (!) Extra reports on "The expectations/predictions of the Zentraadi Forces" and "Protoculture".

History

Zero 01a: UN Forces and the Anti-UN Alliance. Looks like there's a little bit on the history up to the UN War, as well as the origins (eg. NATO pops up in one of the paragraphs). Extra reports on "Protoculture and the Earth" and "OTM and the reshuffling/reorganization of corporations"

Worldguide:

12a: Military Manufacturers. Reverse has a breakdown of manufacturer and equipment (VF development manufactuers, Engine system development manufacturers and Weaponry System Development manufacturers). Extra reports on "the development of the Zentraadi Weapons" and "Destroid Manufacturers".

22a: Marduuk: interesting. Extra reports on "the Zentraadi controlled by song" and "the people that bound/combined the Earth and the Marduuk".

Technology:

01j: Variable Fighter (the transformation mechanism that forms the core of a VF's systems) Intersting stuff. Extra reports on "the blessings brought together by the transformation mechanism" and "The Transformation Mechanism of Macross Warships".

Glossary

#26: Fairy - Rin Minmei (for those Japanese literate: the last of the よ to pretty much the end of り): Noteworthy: Raiba and Yocchan from SDFM! Ranshe Mei, Riatorisu (MDMVF-X), Richard Biruraa, Sauro-bird.

Goods sheet:

04 Macross books: it's almost a collectors guide. SDFM (Macross Perfect Memory, Variable Fighter Master File VF-1, Macross (novel, first half), Misa Hayase White Reminisces (novel), SDFM Hobby Handbook, SDFM Macross the First #1, My Fair Minmei (novel), DYRL (gold book), FB2012 (FB2012), MII (TiA:MII), M+ (TiAS:M+), M7 (Miss Macross 7, Firebomber Programme in Macross 7, Macross 7 Trash), MF (MF Official File I, Macross F Ranka Rii Official File Book, Macross F Visual Collection Sheryl Nome, Macross F 2059 Memories, Macross Frontier (novel), other (Macross Ace).

Extra report on "VF specialized illustration books", specifically "Valkyries; Tenjin Hidetaka Art Works of Macross".

Extra Sheet:

G&VF#2: VF-3000 Crusader.

Pure awesomeness. It'll also put the debate to rest: length: 15.5 m. Width: 16.1 m. Has a Mauler RoV-22 x2 (apparently the other one is just a "large laser", and that's not found in the data block), Howard Gu-11, and 6 external underwing weapon stations (aka hardpoints). Reverse has different modes, focus on some of the details, the transformation, the Advanced Valkyrie version, and an extra report on the VF-3000B Bomber Valkyrie.

Production Data #6: Theatrical Macross F: The False Diva Some character designs and mechanic designs on the reverse (VF-25 Tornado Pack, all 3 modes, Macross quarter, and the New Type of Vajra). Will this be the only MF Movie content seen in MC?

G&VF#6: Hatchet Class Destroyer Untamed (shmexy!), Mobile Weapkn Anab era Rashiodoora (wish it was larger, but ah well), Extra report on the Valhalla III crew (MDMVF-X), Reverse: Meltrandi Assault Capture Warship (boss from SDFM:DYRL) and Jamming Station (also from SDFM:DYRL), and an extra report on the crew of the CV-565 (VF-X2). It raises hope that we'll see more detailed info on the VF-X2 pilots and protagonists. Though, the 4 pilots do appear in a captioned picture in this extra report. The page also raises hope that we'll see the Zentraadi APC from SDFM:DYRL.

#49 preview images:

gorgeous VT-1 and VE-1 painting!

Emiria Jiinasu

Fz-109F

Queadluun-Kiruka

#48 summary: MUST HAVE!

Uh oh... there's a numbering error in the sheets.

Worldguide #22 already exists! (famous/reknown VF squads). Maybe the Marduuk sheet was supposed to be #28? Or even #30?

Revised predictions from #48

Mechanic:

M0 - UN

05 Ship-Borne aircraft - transport helicopters, refuelling craft, F-14A+ if we're lucky.

SDFM - UN

01d SDF-1 ship systems (fold drive, gravity control, PPB control, etc.)

I wonder if we'll ever see the VEFR-1/VF-1G and the magic hands...

M7 - UN

11 ??? Destroids?

Zentraadi <- not coming???

01 Quadlunn-Rau

02 Meltraandi Fleet

Varoota

01c transformation

02 Az-130 (maybe a B sheet, with transformation)

04b Varoota fleet: remaining 5 ships

MF - UN

01b City Frontier <- called it

Civilian

03a Super parts. <- called it

Etc

02b (Macross Galaxy) Mainland

04 Macross Galaxy Fleet (Deneb Class, Darfim)

DYRL - UN

04a VT-1 and VE-1

Zentraadi

01 Regult, Nousjadel-ger, etc. <- partially called it Will we see the others???

Meltrandi

03b Meltrandi fleet (rest of the ships)

MII - UN

02a VF-2JA Icarus

Extra Sheet

Game and Advanced Valkyrie 2 VF-3000 <- called it

Game and Advanced Valkyrie 6 Remaining SDFM:DYRL content <- partially called it Will we see the remainder of the remaining content???

History - M0

01 UN War <- called it

SDFM

16 Destruction of Earth

M7

04b remaining Protodevlin

MII

01 MII entire history

Tech

01j Transformation Mechanism <- missed

03c I've been left with a feeling that there is more to say on Emigrant ships. Especially about Mainland 1.

13 Supervision Forces equipment/weapons

16 Varoota equipment/weapons

17 Protoculture equipment/weapons

Worldguide

02a UN Spacy

03a ???

12 VF manufacturers <- not really, but semi-kinda called it

22 Marduuk <- missed

28 South Ataria Island

30 Varoota War

Remaining Varauta fleet is in #49.

Unless there is more than 1 history sheet in #50, I fear MII won't get covered. Anyway, the last issue must be packed with goodness!

Oh, and thanks Sketchley for the review!

Edited by nexxstrait

Which isn't surprising, given that they neglected (pre-M+) and then (post M7) glossed over the non-anime sections of the Studio-Nue timeline. If we're lucky, we'll get the wars with the Zentraadi as an extra report.

True, it might not be all that surprising, but it's still disappointing in light of the fact that those non-anime portions of the Macross II timeline are far more important to the continuity than those in Macross's main continuity.

it makes me feel that background details for MF are... not that much.

:p Welcome to my world. :p

DYRL Zent 01a: Nuujaderu Gaa: nothing unexpected...

Did they, as I expected, identify its pistol like they did for its opposite number in the TV series?

22a: Marduuk: interesting. Extra reports on "the Zentraadi controlled by song" and "the people that bound/combined the Earth and the Marduuk".

Just from the snippets I've read, it seems like the Mardook worldguide sheet doesn't have anything that couldn't be deduced from the animation or taken from the existing artbooks. Not surprising or disappointing, I'm just too thrilled to have that beautiful painting of the Mardook fleet. (Gonna blow that sucker up and make it my display background)

G&VF#2: VF-3000 Crusader.

Pure awesomeness. It'll also put the debate to rest: length: 15.5 m. Width: 16.1 m. Has a Mauler RoV-22 x2 (apparently the other one is just a "large laser", and that's not found in the data block), Howard Gu-11, and 6 external underwing weapon stations (aka hardpoints). Reverse has different modes, focus on some of the details, the transformation, the Advanced Valkyrie version, and an extra report on the VF-3000B Bomber Valkyrie.

Excellent.

G&VF#6: Hatchet Class Destroyer Untamed (shmexy!), Mobile Weapkn Anab era Rashiodoora (wish it was larger, but ah well), Extra report on the Valhalla III crew (MDMVF-X), Reverse: Meltrandi Assault Capture Warship (boss from SDFM:DYRL) and Jamming Station (also from SDFM:DYRL), and an extra report on the crew of the CV-565 (VF-X2). It raises hope that we'll see more detailed info on the VF-X2 pilots and protagonists. Though, the 4 pilots do appear in a captioned picture in this extra report. The page also raises hope that we'll see the Zentraadi APC from SDFM:DYRL.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice...

Yes. "Small Laser machine-pistol".

:wacko: Wait... what? Wasn't "laser machine pistol" also what they identified the TV version's gun as? I guess the short-range electron beam gun is something of a myth then...