Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

Hoping that the 3rd game in the series will be announced soon. I wonder what the title wil be this time. 'Macross Extreme Frontier' perhaps?

Graham

Also, I hope Artdink uses their huge library of Macross art resources to make another original sidestory game (Macross VF-X4?).

I definitely want that. But I'd also want more focused games. I'd really like a multi-player version set in SWI, starting on South Ataria Island and flying around realistic terrain, landing on the Prometheus, etc. PSN coop/versus, etc would be a must.

I don't have a PSP and ALMOST want to get one for Ultimate Frontier...

SW1 would be nice, but I have played it a million times. DYRL, the PS2 Macross (in the Prometheus and ARMD1 versions), MUF, MAF... I really want an original story with new characters AND machines. Even a sidestory for Frontier would be awesome.

Me wants at the very least: -

Tornado Pack for VF-25, correctly sculpted VF-19Kai/F/S/P with correct LERX and correct tail fins, Super Packs for VF-17D/S & VF-19F/S, Atmospheric Super Packs for VF-11C, Jamming Birds VF-11D, VF-2JA, VF-3000, VF-5000B, Powered Suit from ep 1 of M+.

Larger playing areas, a new original story, full VF-X2, M3 & MII campaigns, mecha specific hangers and anime accurate launch sequences.

And the VF-17D/S & VF-171 gunods being gattling cannon, not beam guns.

Graham

Tornado Pack for VF-25, correctly sculpted VF-19Kai/F/S/P with correct LERX and correct tail fins, Super Packs for VF-17D/S & VF-19F/S, Atmospheric Super Packs for VF-11C, Jamming Birds VF-11D, VF-2JA, VF-3000, VF-5000B, Powered Suit from ep 1 of M+.

Is there something wrong with the VF-19 family models?

Is there something wrong with the VF-19 family models?

Yeah, they all look basically like only-slightly-modified YF-19's, which is totally wrong. The main body of the VF-19kai/F/S should look more streamlined in many ways. The "Ravens" scheme VF-19A should and does look just like a YF-19, though, so that one is correct in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
My memory is hazy. What were the differences between Basara's 19 and Isamu's?

Aside from the obvious changes in the head, there's the fact that the Custom Fire Valkyrie doesn't have that small gap at the back of the wing, the intakes are different, and the cockpit design is noticeably different, as the CFV only has accommodation for the pilot.

Hi, I've registered myself a pair of days ago but I didn't have time to post; unless recently I've became more blind than usual I don't see any introduction thread so I hope that it's okay to jump and start posting like this.

I'd like to ask some information about the Fold Speaker of the VF-25: how is it supposed to work? I don't think the same way of the Sound Force since it doesn't have anything like a speaker pod.

Also does anyone understand what Clan Clan's "Feeling for Michele" (google translation) and Clan Voice are supposed to do. I think that Feeling for Michele should boost the attack power but I don't get if Clan Voice is simply useless or not.

This japanese wiki (probably already linked here but I can't scroll the entire 28 pages thread, I've found it on gamefaqs) has a lot of useful infos about this stuff:

http://www39.atwiki.jp/macrossuf/

Has any of you tried playing 1 on 1 against another owner?

I wanna try this with one of the Bay Area MW'ers that has this game.

I've played with a friend of mine in campaign, but didn't play against him because I'm so far ahead in the game.

Although, the co-op resulted in him getting Battle Frontier before he even STARTED the Frontier campaign...

Not sure if you guys would agree, but one of the features that I would like to see is a rewind and possibly frame skip mode when viewing the replays. Trying to get the perfect positions to take a snapshot is really hard because if you miss the moment, you'll have to restart the whole replay again.

Not sure if you guys would agree, but one of the features that I would like to see is a rewind and possibly frame skip mode when viewing the replays. Trying to get the perfect positions to take a snapshot is really hard because if you miss the moment, you'll have to restart the whole replay again.

Very true,

But wow I have never seen such great detail and close ups in replay as the archives for your missions are shown in the game. It is almost as if you can literally pick up pieces in the replay.

It is true that it is hard to get the just the right angle or any rewind.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Been a while since I last posted. Busy as hell over here, except for this free week I have.

I got Gundam Assault Survive, the newest of the Gundam Battle franchise, of which MAF and MUF are based of.

I'm starting to think that the possibility of a squadron of 3 pilots is a very good possibility for the next Macross game, since I got to play with the Exia, Dynames and Kyrios from Gundam 00 in three missions.

Some of the improvements done in the Macross games are here too, such as the inclusion of a Custom Soundtrack that works in the exact same way as the one in MUF, a store to buy skills, mechs, characters, etc.

I'm still trying the game, so if I find something else interesting, I will post about it.

I hope we get to see news on the next Macross game soon... Although I would really like a PS3 Macross game too.

Edit:

Missions can take place in more than one map this time and individual areas seem more or less the size of the ones in the last games (including Macross). However, changing areas requires the player to approach a floating icon to do so. This can be good or bad, depending on the focus of the game. In a Macross game, this could mean a bigger play area for say, a Tomahawk or a Battroid, but could represent an annoyance for a VF in fighter mode. If this is implemented in a future Macross game, it'd be interesting to see how it goes.

On the plus side, the transition time is very short. Knowing that something else is happening in a different map that you need to be aware of is a good way to keep up the tension.

Example: I had three gundams and the mission was to protect my mothership from an assault. A fourth gundam, independent from my little unit was fighting on another area. After defending the mothership, I got a warning message telling me that my ally's HP had fallen to 30%. If I didn't rescue him, I'd fail the mission. My ally got destroyed. Bam, mission failed. I retried, saved my ally, but THEN an enemy ace pilot came to rain on my party. Two seconds later, I got a message telling me the mothership was under heavy fire. I barely beat the enemy ace and rushed to the mothership. Mission complete.

I think that this addition could benefit a Macross game as well.

On the interesting side, the Mobile Armor I tried (Gundam Kyrios), felt similar to MAF's fighter mode, only not as pretty. But hey, this is a Gundam game. Still, definitely an upgrade from Battle Universe's MA mode.

On the down side, damn mobile suits are sluggish, compared to the VFs I got so used to...

I think that's pretty much what I can comment on

Edited by CrazyMartian

I've been playing for a little over a week now, and am 30 some hours into it...so many mobile suits...none of my tactics/royale, chronicle/universe tune points have carried over either...GAH!!

With that said, best battle/assault game yet, but still sub part to MUF. The custom soundtrack system is actually better than the one in Macross though, there's only one dump folder now, and it's easier to select & customize songs. Curiously missing though are the loading screen images, and so far there's no sign of a MS gallery.

I think Gundam is for the younger crowd, it is definitely good; but just doesnt fully satisfy the Robotech crowd. Robotech is a quite a bit more technical than Gundam in my opinion, it is little more possible in the future.

Plus we love missile tons and tons of missiles and being able to dodge them with technical flying moves and there is so much more.

The game Muf was hands down such a change from the routine crud that has been placed on the gaming market that I could not believe it was actually produced.

I am anticipating many more coming; I hope that there will be a multi player for psp coming so we can fly squadron missions. Maybe just a multiplayer site were you have to have a psp to play online.

It would run from your psp to your laptop you could see the action on both screens and ... ohhh man I could go on and on lol.

Nah dude, I'm pretty sure "Robotech" is for the kiddie crowd. I also doubt you've seen any serious Gundam.

You might be right about me not seeing any of the serious Gundam; if you get a chance point me in the right direction on google or some vidz if you know of any.

I could be wrong about Gundam I am human just like the next person

Hmmm... I really love Gundam Unicorn and its quality. Can't wait for the next episode, even though it's far away.

Gundam 00 was very, very fun and its mechanical design grew on me because of its sheer difference to what I got used to. Okawara and Katoki mainly.

Plus, it has Kati Manekin.

Edited by CrazyMartian

Back on topic somewhat...I hope Ultimate Frontier's sequal doesn't catch any of the uber obnoxious point requirements to unlock stuff that Assault Survive has. MUF had a perfect system, win points + win money, giving you the option of unlocking through special means, or purchasing Valkyries if you couldn't wait. GAS on the other hand makes you do both, meet criteria to unlock mobile suits, then spend ungodly amounts of point to purchase them...

The addition of multiple zone stages to the engine in Assault Survive sounds interesting. How exactly do you transit between zones, and how do you track the situation of zones you are away from?

L+R will lock on to a zone marker. Fly to it to switch zones. Little alert screens will come up and the zone will flash to indicate what zone the alert was associated with. I dont know japanese but for the most part if you need to defend something in another zone it will indicate how much percentage of life the defense target has left.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this question has been asked before but is there a way to turn off the windows that pop up to show your wingmen/operator when they're talking?? (ala ace combat, etc.)

My copy of MUF hasn't shown up yet but from all the videos I see it looks like a shame that nearly half the screen can be taken up due to chatter.

Sorry if this question has been asked before but is there a way to turn off the windows that pop up to show your wingmen/operator when they're talking?? (ala ace combat, etc.)

My copy of MUF hasn't shown up yet but from all the videos I see it looks like a shame that nearly half the screen can be taken up due to chatter.

Why would you turn off pilot chatter? That's half the fun!