YF-19 with fast packs and yamato stand question.

transfan52

Hello I recently got the yamato display stand so that I can mount my yf-19 with Fast packs on it in jet mode. But the fast packs make the thing so unstable that I cant mount it correctly without it falling apart at the slightest touch... can somebody help me out with this?

Edited by transfan52

Hello I recently got the yamato display stand so that I can mount my yf-19 with Fast packs on it in jet mode. But the fast packs make the thing so unstable that I cant mount it correctly without it falling apart at the slightest touch... can somebody help me out with this?

Mine won't stay together on the stand unless the fastpack is holding the leg to the arm securely. I used some rubber cement to keep the fastpack tight where it connects to the arm. Probably a better way to do that, but the rubber cement allows the fast pack to come off if needed.

Im guessing this is some kinda modelling clay or putty to hold things together. You mind telling me what the material is called? There a hobby shop where I live so im sure I could snag a tube of it from there.

Rubber cement is rubber cement. Named for what it's like, not what it does. "Rubbery cement"--"rubbery glue". Should be able to find it anywhere that sells common school glue/paste---grocery, hobby, general, craft, gas stations... Likely found in an amber bottle.

You know the stuff that credit cards etc come attached to in the mail? That peel-able glue? It's like that.

Heh, the thread title makes it sound like you wanna have sex with the toy......LOL! :p

Graham

:lol::lol::lol: ........well.....the name is.......nevermind :mellow:

:ph34r:

i thought the 19 came with an attachment for stands?

Yeah thats what im using right now, its fine and stable with the attachment but when you add the fast pack the legs kinda hang out and arent locked into the body's pegs, the only thing that holds the heavy legs together are the shoulder peices to the fast packs and they arent very stable. I finally got it to be more stable with the rubber cement thing though. Even if I tap it now it doesnt fall apart instantly like before. Thanks for the tip Pat S.

One more thing... ill choose to ignore the imature comments made about my post earlier lol.