The Gurren Lagann Thread.

Oh Yoko. You're such a bad girl.

Anyways. What're the chances of Gurren Lagann being made into a Revoltech or Soul of Chogokin?

I'd buy it instantly.

Just watched the first episode and it was pure nonsense but coincidentally also pure fun. :D

Any more out subbed yet?

p.s. Loving that picture... who wouldn't. :o

3 eps out and subbed as of now. ;)

I know what you mean about nonsense and fun. Gainax found how to make anime fun again. No religious/political/philosophical undertones......lots of big drills, sex, and action. :D

Oh Yoko. You're such a bad girl.

Anyways. What're the chances of Gurren Lagann being made into a Revoltech or Soul of Chogokin?

I'd buy it instantly.

That would be pretty much a given seeing how there is already a coupla figures out for the anime. Hope'n BOME will do a Yoko figure...

Some interesting bits about Gainax asking their fans to f*** off. It won't be the 1s time.

http://zepy.momotato.com/2007/04/23/gainax-trouble/

http://zepy.momotato.com/2007/04/24/more-on-gainax/

I feel their pain.....part of the otaku in me HATED what that director did in the episodes he made for Eureka Seven and Sousei no Aquarion. :(

I mean.....isn't GAINAX made by otaku FOR otaku? :lol:

I feel their pain.....part of the otaku in me HATED what that director did in the episodes he made for Eureka Seven and Sousei no Aquarion. :(

I mean.....isn't GAINAX made by otaku FOR otaku? :lol:

I've never bought the "Director is responsible!" for what is simply poor animation that is supposed to be under the control of Quality Control. Frankly I think they attempted to get cheap (like how? it's all freaking digital!) with their production in order to save money, and attempted to play this off on the Director involved with it when the fans cried "WTF IS THIS CRAP!" over it.

I also think that Gaynax did it intensional for promotion reasons.

But then again the animation quality HAS been pretty (4chan) QUALITY since the beginning. ^_^

I've never bought the "Director is responsible!" for what is simply poor animation that is supposed to be under the control of Quality Control. Frankly I think they attempted to get cheap (like how? it's all freaking digital!) with their production in order to save money, and attempted to play this off on the Director involved with it when the fans cried "WTF IS THIS CRAP!" over it.

I also think that Gaynax did it intensional for promotion reasons.

But then again the animation quality HAS been pretty (4chan) QUALITY since the beginning. ^_^

This director is famous for his....uhh...unique style thing and has done episodes in Eureka 7, Aquarion and god knows where else.....where the style is usually a "dream-like" sequence to portray surreality. Not sure if ep 4 is like that (haven't watched). I'm won't go into the "strange director vs being cheap" thing. Who knows maybe its both.

About what you said about "like how? it's all freaking digital!", you do realise you still have to draw the frame by frame animation? Only thing digital about today is the digital coloring, and animation. IE: You don't have to flip frames in front of a camera, and you don't have to use paint to paint the cels. They can still get cheap by doing less detailed coloring, hire cheaper frame animators, which results in inconsistent art througout a series.

Edited by wolfx

I'm not so weebo that I follow the directors around. Can you give me a name?

you do realise you still have to draw the frame by frame animation?

You do realize that I was being factious, right? ;)

Besides the concept work, some special promo images and the increasingly rare penciled storyboarding. It is indeed mostly digital from the Walcom drawing forward and the overall production effort involved is something around 40-60% of what it was before.

I'm not that weebo either. (is that how u use that word?) Anyway its Osamu Kobayashi

I meant digital doesn't mean better quality wit minimal costs. That's all.

Anyway, the producer of Guren Lagann steps down to apologise for the uproar he caused to otakus of 2ch. Zomg....talk about otaku-power.

http://zepy.momotato.com/2007/04/27/gainax-trouble-end/

Wiki weeboo. ;)

Otaku power had little to due with this. He was VERY stupid when he and the animation posted their names along with their comments. Virtually no business would put up with that, because it gives the company a bad name(dishonors). Stepping down was the honorable thing to do.

Do you really think that he would've had a job there anyways even if he didn't resign?

Ask yourself this: If you were interviewed by an International newspaper and directly called your customers "morons and retarded for not liking the quality of your product, and to STFU and except it!". Do you really believe that you would have a job with that company much longer?

Because that's EXACTLY what he did. Also I don't expect Keiko Mimori to remain with Gainax much longer either

-----

Thanks for linking the article. It really shows how "professionals" should remain ignorance of the criticism that is aimed at their works. ^_^

2chan is filled with otakus who flame each other daily. It could be the rudest site in all of Japan. Sure they have the power to influence other people to boycott Gainax or make all their anime tank in the ratings, but they are nothing more of a bunch of whiners.

Anyway about that whole calling of customers morons, I wonder why he didn't remain anoynomous? He could air his views as a gainax supporter and didn't need to reveal himself as Lagann's director. Yes i understand the implications of a director of a company calling his customers idiots, (which most of the time they are). Damn this thing called "Customer Service". :lol:

LOL @ Rei, Asuka, Nono, Lark and Mahoro as bath house girls wearing Daicon bunny girl outfits. But wonder if the recap-ish episode is due to the producer leaving the team, to buy time to re-organise their work perhaps.

Is that what I think it is showing up in Episode #7?

Don't know what you're getting at, but that looks like a battleship with legs. Probably the same one grown-up-simon is commanding in the 1s few minutes of Gurren Lagann episode 1.

New GL art on the Gainax front page. Someone's in there and it AIN'T Lord Kamina.

BTW. Does Nia (the new girl in the photo being introduced in Episode #9) sound familiar to anyone else?

IPB Image