Perfect Transformation VF-0

RosarioLuv

The 1/48 system may be good but the chest plate cannot close very well and a lot of gap remain, i don't know if os the system or the toy's design...

I think this may be an isolated occurance, because there really aren't any gaps anywhere in the chest region on my 1/48's. Everything seems to fit nice and tight.

Oh man, my engrish sucks... :D

I mean, when i transform my 1/48 in battroid the back plate(where there is the backpack) cannot close too much to the chest place due to the leg system and so the chest is very large and there is about 1cm of empty space, everyone can notice the huge hole behind the valk's head.

battroid2.jpg

Two things you can do to correct your problem. One, make sure the black part that the head attaches to is properly rotated. If that doesn't help, then get a FAST Pack set and use the white part that is used to add strength to the back pack when the boosters are attached. I'll put a picture up later.

This is what I was talking about. You need to push your back pack in further for this to work. If you notice, there are two little nubby things in the area the hinge plate sits, Push the plate past those parts to hold it in place, then put the FAST Pack part on. Fills the gap and looks damn cool too.

post-4-1090716757.jpg

Actually, the bars would have to be thicker to make it work especially if these really existed and transformed like that. I don't know if there is a metal out there that can support that much weight at that size. And imagine what would happen if a transformation was done in mid-flight? The pressure alone would cause it to break.

Anyway, the Compendium says about the VF-1 Fluid pulse actuators enable transformation. It seems there are some magnetic fields at work. Maybe that's how the energy converting armor works, with magnetic fields.

FV

• 3 weeks later...

Im trying to do some reverse (visual) engineering based on the photos yamato put out on their site of the VF-0. Looks like the whole nose cone area (along with the cockpit) slides into the chest plate (going into battroid mode). the Black piece behind the cockpit looks like it slides over the canopy of the jet and forms the heat sheild.

Looking at Where the battroid hips connect to the nose cone, its possible they used a single swing bar similar to the 1/48's. Is it confirmed that the legs are suppose to be detachable like the 1/60's? or is everyone just speculating at this point?

post-4-1092560659_thumb.jpg

uhm.... no... from what we've heard, I'm guessing the entire cockpit and nose comes off, everything right after the air brake area on top... then you plug in a new nose, one that is shorter and has holes for the legs to be stuck in, like on the 1/60 VF-1 line

Edited by eugimon

uhm.... no... from what we've heard, I'm guessing the entire cockpit and nose comes off, everything right after the air brake area on top... then you plug in a new nose, one that is shorter and has holes for the legs to be stuck in, like on the 1/60 VF-1 line

omigash!!! Thats Awful!! But I think Im still buying it regardless... :D

Here's a pic from the July issue of Dengeki Hobby, which shows which parts on the Yamato 1/100 scale VF-0S are removeable/swapable.

Graham

The hands how are supposed to works? 1/48 way or just "put-them-in-the-holes"

The hands are just plugged into holes in the wrist. However, even in the anime, the VF-0's hands do not retract into the forearm they are extended at all times even in fighter mode.

In fighter mode, the hands slot into cut-outs in the backpack. Those who have the Hasegawa kit will know what I mean.

Graham

The hands how are supposed to works?  1/48 way or just "put-them-in-the-holes"

The hands are just plugged into holes in the wrist. However, even in the anime, the VF-0's hands do not retract into the forearm they are extended at all times even in fighter mode.

In fighter mode, the hands slot into cut-outs in the backpack. Those who have the Hasegawa kit will know what I mean.

Graham

Ahhh, didn't see M-0 yet.

Ahhh, didn't see M-0 yet.

G :D o watch it. Nice CGI, though the whole anime isnt like that. The Fight sequences are incredible. You can almost feel the g forces :p

Swappable parts? ewwww... :angry: I would expect more from yamato doing something like that... then again they probably rushed this toy out and concentrated on the VB-6 koenig Monster ( which I think is very nice) and other things (the 12" scopedog also looks nice, but from what i've seen from the pics, it doesnt look like they put that much effort into it like they did with tthe valkyries)

Here's hoping they get rid of the person who engineered this toy/model OR I can wait til they rehash this toy/model to something yamato valkyries were known for... :ph34r:

Thanks for posting the latest pics, Graham -- somehow I'd missed these.

But I must respectfully disagree with those that don't like what we've seen of the 1/100 VF-0. I actually like the design, and don't mind the toyetic compromises that Yamato appears to have decided to stick with. Let's hope the end result is a fun, sturdy toy, and not a fiddly display piece like the 1/60 VF-1.

Best,

--MyClone

well,

i for one don't play with my yamato's(that is just silly) :p  so i could care less about perfect transfomation as long as the sculp looks great and i think this one does...

of course, buying toys is perfectly normal, but actually PLAYING with toys? That's just insane! Lol :p

As far as the sculpt on the VF-0, how many beers did it take before it started to look "good" to you? Better make sure you have a couple buddies around to give you a second opinion before you decide you've found the girl of your dreams and future mother of your children, hehe....or ask your optomitrist for your money back.

j/k.

Just look at a hasegawa VF-0, then look at the yamato and tell me it still aint ugly. Either that, or lay off the juice, hehehe.

Actually, I find the Battroid mode kinda ok lookin. And if it is as tall as a 1/48, I'd probably buy it just to have since it's a unique valk, but fighter mode is just plain messed up. And what bugs me about Gerwalk mode is the legs don't seem to have nearly enough articulation to have the full bent gerwalk stance that makes it a "gerwalk" rather than simply a jet with arms and legs hanging off of it. I'm hoping at least that Battroid is VERY poseable to make up for the other modes.

But judging from the HLJ vido footage, I think the only thing impressive about this toy is perhaps its size (which appears to be bigger than a 1/60, and possiby as big as a 1/48, hard to tell.), and I'm hoping the price doesn't match its enormity.

Edited by redemption

So whats the deal, Yamato has showed the Zero pics, then just "Look over here its the Monster!" Is this line going any where or is Yamato just moving on?

Yeah, Yamato does seem to kinda be all over the place. Can't pic a series, can't pic a scale, can't pic a sculptor. Kinda frustrating for completists who would like to have all the relative mechas from one line of each series in a particular scale. Makes it hard when Yamato jumps around in scales and series lines and doesn't finish them. (eg: FP 11 and FP 21, but no FP 19, 1/48 1 seaters, but no 2 seaters, VF-1X game colour 19, but no other video game valks in the same scale(WHERE's my VF-17?!), 1/60 GBP but no 1/48 GBP.)

Ya know what's always bugged me the most? I can NEVER complete a Vermillion Squadron without customizing! They always make Hikaru's VF-1J, but then no Max or Kakizaki 1A's to go with it! Instead they always follow up with M&M VF-1Js, which are cool, but they're not part of the Hikaru-Max-Kakizaki Vermilion Squadron! Grr! Why ignore the TV 1A? They were there for like half the series before Hikaru took over Skull Squadron.