1/48 Fast Pack Strike/Super Armor

DescipleMKII

Twin Moons and Valkyrie-Exchange are a couple of good places to buy these from--on-line, that is! But I think Twin Moons are all out of the DYRL? FPs. Get them fast, dude, coz they're selling like hot pancakes!! :D

Twin Moons and Valkyrie-Exchange are a couple of good places to buy these from--on-line, that is! But I think Twin Moons are all out of the DYRL? FPs. Get them fast, dude, coz they're selling like hot pancakes!! :D

Yeah no kidding!!! I just ordered a set from valktronics. :D I cant wait to get em and add em to my VF-1s Hikaru. Now just need a 1j and fast packs. It never ends.

DescipleMKII Posted on Jul 22 2004, 12:45 AM

Yeah no kidding!!! I just ordered a set from valktronics. I cant wait to get em and add em to my VF-1s Hikaru. Now just need a 1j and fast packs. It never ends

1/48 HIKARU 1S, huh?! Very NIIICCCEEEE!! Just picked up another one of those for myself, too! And this will be my display/play piece! ;) Hey, DescipleMKII, don't forget to pick up some after-market decals, too, 'coz those YAMATO issued ones just won't do! They're too damned thick!! Might wanna get yer hands on some Takatoys stickers or a(n) ANAZASI37 water-slide decal. Believe me, they're worth it! :)

I know this is probably a dumb question but I was wondering which color of fast packs I should buy the greenish colored ones or the blue colored packs. Any major differences? Thanks ;)

Actually, I was quite disappointed with the colour on the DYRL super/strike armour packs. The pics show a bluish colour, but the toy is actually greenish. I don't see any blue on it at all. If it weren't for the fact that I want to keep this as much a toy as possible (as oppossed to a custom), I would have repainted them dark blue.

Though from what I remember from 2 years ago, most MWers don't seem to agree that the packs are blue at all. I'm sittin here looking straight at my DYRL source book which shows the DYRL packs as dark blue, just like I remembered in the anime.

NE way, I think the super/strike DYRL armour is the only one you can buy seperately. The TV armour comes with the J's as a package.

I'd recommend the separate FAST pack set for the simple reason that it also comes with the Strike cannon, so you can set up the packs in either Super or Strike configuration.

Plus and this is quite importnat IMO, the DYRL style arm FAST packs hold the gunpod far more securely than the shorter TV style arm FAST packs that come with the 1/48 VF-1J Super Hikaru, Max and Milia Valks.

Graham

I have bought stuff several times from Valktronics. he is #1 in my book. :D

DescipleMKII Posted on Jul 22 2004, 12:45 AM

Yeah no kidding!!! I just ordered a set from valktronics. I cant wait to get em and add em to my VF-1s Hikaru. Now just need a 1j and fast packs. It never ends

1/48 HIKARU 1S, huh?! Very NIIICCCEEEE!! Just picked up another one of those for myself, too! And this will be my display/play piece! ;) Hey, DescipleMKII, don't forget to pick up some after-market decals, too, 'coz those YAMATO issued ones just won't do! They're too damned thick!! Might wanna get yer hands on some Takatoys stickers or a(n) ANAZASI37 water-slide decal. Believe me, they're worth it! :)

Yeah i have some Enigma water slide decals from anasazi but now that i just forked out so much for the fast packs too I would like to keep the 1S Hikaru in original condition....it is my favorite valk. I think Ill wait until i have an extra set of pack armor and a 1J to convert it to an enigma...I kind of like the greenish color gives it more of a military feel to me...Reminds me of the old 1/55 strike valk armor, but i understand the reason why some people would be bothered by the color. I just cant get over how cool it is to have a built in heatshield on this thing...really makes a difference.

good lord! i thought i was the only one having problems affixing the gunpod to the arm armors in Fighter mode. :ph34r:

A quick snip with a sharp exacto blade or razor blade will get those TV-style FPs holding the gunpod just as well as the DYRL ones.

No, you shouldn't have to do it and it's a shame Yamato didn't get it quite right. But it's the tiniest amount of shaving down necessary. . . and then they work.

H

Edited by Hurin

thanks for the tip H, now i need to find myself a hobby knife.

/me ponders snatching one from his friend, hyuk hyuk hyuk

and kudos to Valktronics. he's a great guy who discounted the price of his FP'ed M&M MPCs when i didn't have much savings to start with. being a student without any earning or spending power really sucks! :angry:

and yes, after-market decals are definitely recommended. ^.^