Who knows this cool VF 1

jipe

Just out of curiosity, why does every bad drawing of a Valkyrie suddenly have to be a whole new model series with officially sanctioned production histories and the blessings of the great Kawamori himself?

I'm not dogging anyone, but really, it is really confusing and a bit frustrating that just because not every drawing of a Valkyrie is exactly like some other drawing that it automatically must be some obscure model of the Valyrie. To me the picture on the cover of that book just looks like a bad drawing of a plain old VF-1S.

Maybe there's more in the book that I don't know about? What's the deal?

Just out of curiosity, why does every bad drawing of a Valkyrie suddenly have to be a whole new model series with officially sanctioned production histories and the blessings of the great Kawamori himself?

I'm not dogging anyone, but really, it is really confusing and a bit frustrating that just because not every drawing of a Valkyrie is exactly like some other drawing that it automatically must be some obscure model of the Valyrie. To me the picture on the cover of that book just looks like a bad drawing of a plain old VF-1S.

Because people are picking up on details that you might have missed. First, let's get the picture in front of us so we can see what we're talking about...

eb27_front.jpg

Differences off the top of my head:

• Weird red circles on the front of the back FP
  • "Fingers" at tips of back FP similar to Macross cannon
  • Large rocket engines on leg attachments
  • Some kind of crossbar thingy on back FP
  • (Edit) Arm attachments seem to be missing

Edited by ewilen

"Fingers" at tips of back FP similar to Macross cannon

It looks to me like that could actually be the Macross in the background - or rather something resembling it.

The angle of those twin booms compared to the angle of the Valkyrie makes it seem that they are not actually attached to it, but are in the background.

Probably because this painting was done by Kawamori himself :)

Actually, I agree with you. It's probably not fun for him to draw the same thing again and again, so that's how these unique, non-canon versions came about.

It's mostly cel drawings of the mecha and characters from the TV series, DYRL?, and FB2012. Nothing you haven't seen in any of the other Macross books.

Because people are picking up on details that you might have missed. First, let's get the picture in front of us so we can see what we're talking about...

eb27_front.jpg

Differences off the top of my head:

• Weird red circles on the front of the back FP
  • "Fingers" at tips of back FP similar to Macross cannon
  • Large rocket engines on leg attachments
  • Some kind of crossbar thingy on back FP
  • (Edit) Arm attachments seem to be missing

head is not right. there is a vent or something there.

vinnie

It looks only a VF-1S making that pose who hikaru makes at the end of SDF Macross opening, with strange rockets in the legs, a broken arm carring a gunpod and SDF-1 in Storm Attacker Mode on background.

If that's the Macross in Storm Attack more in the background, where are the legs? 

They end at the purple thing. I guess it's a old valk drawing with other elements on the background to make it like a cool photo-montage. At least, it won't become so cool.

It looks to me like that could actually be the Macross in the background - or rather something resembling it.

Yeah, I'd say it's the Macross, you can see some of the blurred ARMD details.

Sorry- there is no way that is the SDF-1.

It is clearly not, those "fingertips" appear to be some sort of vane, like a canard or radar boom. Not the ARMDs.

Like was said, probably just a variation drawn for fun.

No one thinks it is in any way canon, but it is fun to speculate.

It looks only a VF-1S making that pose who hikaru makes at the end of SDF Macross opening, with strange rockets in the legs, a broken arm carring a gunpod and SDF-1 in Storm Attacker Mode on background.

Broken arm ? it seems to be broken, but that's only the posture

in fact, red circles are just headlights because space is very very dark :blink::lol:

more seriously, why not... Some WWII aircrafts had some lights in the nose for night fight (not really effective)