Hasbro Flexing their muscles

Myriad

IMHO, those companies are exactly like those that make, say, replica/replacement parts for a '67 Corvette. A product completely unsupported by the manufacturer for decades, yet there's a great want to keep some of them in complete, mint condition.

Much more of a "providing a service for people who bought the product, but can no longer get spare parts from the manufacturer" than "trying to make money off someone else's work" situation.

I think he could fight this if he wanted. C&D letters are usually pretty hollow. It's not like he's hurting Hasbro's sales. In fact he may be helping them. I Havn't bought half of the reissues because they jacked up the missiles with all of that "kid-proof" crap. But I would if if I could get recasts of the originals.

People are blaming OTFCC because the guy made exclusives for BotCon. Botcon is a rival convention to OTFCC. Everyone is pointing fingers with little evidence. His site has been getting a lot of attention because of the BotCon exclusive he made. I could see this causing to Hasbro check out his page. I could also see them being a little bitter he was selling repro parts to items that are currently available in stores.

Hasbro has not gone after the big Chain stores for carring those combiner bootlegs. Then again those combiner bootlegs have also not been reissued.

People are blaming OTFCC because the guy made exclusives for BotCon. Botcon is a rival convention to OTFCC. Everyone is pointing fingers with little evidence. His site has been getting a lot of attention because of the BotCon exclusive he made. I could see this causing to Hasbro check out his page. I could also see them being a little bitter he was selling repro parts to items that are currently available in stores.

Hasbro has not gone after the big Chain stores for carring those combiner bootlegs. Then again those combiner bootlegs have also not been reissued.

Yes this I can see how ever I can not see the "otfcc" guys like glen for example( only name I know :rolleyes: or I'd list more) but that is how I can see a company like hasbro thinking since otfcc is now a part of hasbro

could be a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing... it's not uncommon for company lawyers, who want to justify their salary to go after guys like this, when marketing or other divisions actually like em since they help the fan base....

then again, brand weakening is a big thing for companies...