URGENT QUESTION

nyacumo28

A "nice Bandai reissue" would have cost him several hundred dollars after customs fees. Even if you send him one for free, he'd still get raped by customs.

Hello,

I'm not doubting you, but I have (3) years of experience sending items to my friend Augusto in Argentina. I've been sending US Money Orders and brand new/used valkyries to Buenos Aires since at least 2000, and we've never had a problem.

I'm talking 1/55 Bandai, a brand new 1/48 Yamato, and dare I say..., even a 1/55 MPC before we knew what crap they are. I've sent him Jetfire boxes and foam in excellent condition, Jetfires, perfect 1/55 Bandai VF-1S Strike Valkyries, and so forth.

All he has me do is mark the box as "Regalo" or something like that, which means gift I think. I remove the valkyries from the boxes, and make sure there is no price indication anywhere. I mark the customs form as a gift, and declare the value at $5. I then ship the box separately, and a week or so apart.

Where there is a will, there is a way, and as I said, I'm not talking cheap bootlegs here. I've had more trouble with Canada went I sent (2) PG Gundams, than I've ever had with Argentina.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Guys, guys, thanks for taking the time to explain all your points!!!

Actually, ChristopherB, you are right!!!when there´s will there´s a way, first than anything on one of the first posts i stated that the looks of the VF where not my aiming at this time, after i ruinned the valk trying to take of the paint i started to try to improbe the way it looks in the mechanin aspect of the transformation, that´s way i´m doing all the stuff you´ve seen in the pics. But you said something right i´m scanning the parts wich i like, the new ones i mean, to reproduce and apply them in another valk. And as you said when there is will there is a way, and you are correct when you say that sanding the valk parts for example the chest plate will make them thinner, but i foun a product,( i don´t know if i can mention the brand on the forum), wich is a really thin epoxy paint wich it´s self leveling, so i covers in an awesome way anything you put it on, and when it dries you get a ceramic termination incredibly hard, so the thin parts do get hardened and filled.

The line panes should be painted later some how, i din´t figure it out yet.

The customs fees issue is, as Jolly Rogers says, except that i never had a friend to buy my valks from, i always bought them in a local store, and the one and only time i made it on e-bay the guy who sold it to me declared the value of the valk as per the transaction price, something like 50 U$D and i paid almost the triple here, so i never figured out that it could be send as a "GIFT" (you are right that´s the menaning of REGALO) therefore the customs shouldn´t charge anything on it.

Thanks for the advice.

I only have to find some one selling VF´s on the USA willingly to mark it as a gift.

No offense taken, when i decided to post on the forums was to get ideas and advices from you guys, you are the experienced ones.

I´m only a big Macross fan who tryies to have a nice valk as you do.

Regards and thanks to ALL of you.

Nicolas

nyacumo28,

I'll make you a deal.

If you finish your project using your current bootleg as the testbed, I'll personally send you either a nice Jetfire or a Bandai reissue.

Once you have the mechanisms perfected, you can then apply them to a nice 1/55 valkyrie with no damage, and you'll be able to paint it and make it look great.

I'll send it via the method I described, and you'll get to own a valkyrie without paying a ton of money. ;)

After your finished, you can then post the pictures and show off your work.

Don't think of it as charity or anything like that. I mean, what kind of Macross fan would I be if I let a fellow brother bust his ass trying to fix up a bootleg that should be buried with full military honors. :lol: That thing is so sad, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

Well Christopher i don´t know wht to say but Thanks!!! i´ll keep working on it, at this time im working in a leg swing bar similar to the one on the Yamato 1/48, but is hard to adapt it to this valk becauso of the lack of space. Actually i´m very near to acomplish the transformation acurate to the Macross design (at least on the mechanics off course)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN.

Nicolas

Well here is the first part of the customizing process for the legs, onece again pay no attention to how it looks, y crafted the feet of the valk on metal, trying to make itmlook like in the anime, with trapezoid walls and terraced faces. i thinks they look more nice than the bandai 1-55 like it had the bootleg valk.

Also i retouched the intakes, and the knee.

In the other leg i`m starting a convertion process in order to make able to have a moving knee cap, and to allow the leg to rotate at the knee segment.

Well, here goes the pics

post-3-1090973849_thumb.jpg

not bad on the mechanics your doing to it. but man that test bed seen better days, like someone vomited paint on it then threw it in a food processor to remove the paint.

Edit:

DSC07318.JPG

is that a finger print on the neck?

Edited by Zentrandude

• 6 months later...

Hey hi to everyone, i want yo show you how the legs modified on the knee and feets turn out, also the heatshield integrated, the leg atachment system, and the nosecone, finally i`m ready to make all this modification in a new bootleg as soon as i find one, don`t pay atention to the aspect of the valk just the mechanical part please. I Just wanted to show tha a bootleg 1/55 can look better with a heatshield integrated and new feets knees and so on...

The arms and head have to be placed yet.

Remember i don`t have a fancy hobby store near myhome or even in my state, materials used are aluminum sheet, plumber epoxy, and notebooks screws, the tools i used are not pro either.

Greetings.