URGENT QUESTION

nyacumo28

Hello to everyone, this is my first post but i´ve been lurking for a long time, the thing is that i´m a huge Macross fan from Argentina, and i already started a massive customization to a bootleg vf-1 J not only the looks but all way the valk transforms, this allows the model to have an integrated heat shield and to get rid of the horrible leg swing bars.

My question is as follows: i found this picture of a model that resemble quite alot the system that i designed for my valk :

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...002-page-19.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...002-page-17.jpg

Does any of you have this model? more pictures of it, or the brand of the company that made it?

Thanks in advance

Nicolas

Than k you very much for your fast answer,

i apologies for the triple posting i dind´t know the forum were conected.

Well yes, it´s a really facinating model but i have scan of some instruction wich i´m posting now that show it as kit, if i´m getting you right, this is not a retail kit?

Well it´s certainly a beautyfull work, i´m doing something similar but with a bootleg VF-1, the tiny swing parts are the most dificult, thanks for explaining me what were those instructions. :D

Omega, i live in Tucuman, but i work in a cooper mine in Catamarca, so how come are you goin to move to argentina???? you must know there are no valks for sale here, and the ones you can find cost about 300 USD, so get them in chile before coming!!! Actually the bootleg VF base of my custom project cost me $100 wich are like 34 dolars one you can get the same one in chile for 5 or 5 !!!!

Regards!!!

Well it´s certainly a beautyfull work, i´m doing something similar but with a bootleg VF-1, the tiny swing parts are the most dificult, thanks for explaining me what were those instructions. :D

Omega, i live in Tucuman, but i work in a cooper mine in Catamarca, so how come are you goin to move to argentina???? you must know there are no valks for sale here, and the ones you can find cost about 300 USD, so get them in chile before coming!!! Actually the bootleg VF base of my custom project cost me $100 wich are like 34 dolars one you can get the same one in chile for 5 or 5 !!!!

Regards!!!

I´m actually going to finnish my studies over there, but most important, I´m moving in with my girlfriend who is from Mendoza. :D

About the valkyries´s prices in Argentina, well I´m actually taking all of the boxes of my stash, mostly planes, but I also have most of the hasegawa´s VFs kits and a couple of Bandai kits, so I guess they will keep me busy for a while. :D

I´ve never been in Tucuman, my girlfriend and I were thinking about going over there sometime to see her cousin who lives there, but he told us to go during winter ´cause it gets to fricking hot during summer :blink:

Regards

Rogers, yes i paid that in a store, they are really expensive here!!!

That´s why when you don´t have the chance to get a VF from a store the way you would like it, you put your brains to work and start customizing the one you have.

I really made a lot of possible designs for the transformation system, before i got convinv¿ced trhat i had to change some critical parts, cuting pieces here and there and replacing them with this tiny handcrafted pieces.

The material i´m using are bronze thing plates, to cut and drill the small swing bars, epoxy material, and a reaaaaallly small screws from non working laptos hard drives, so you can imagine it´s a really slow process...

Regards.

Omega, is good to know you are about to end your studies and that you are moving with your girlfriend to Arg, it is true in Tucumán is really hot, but winters last only a few days so in case you come during this year just let me know!!!

A question: does exist any hasegawa transformable model kit?

be cause i found another claimed Hasegawa 1/72 kit really nice an smooth, fully transformable.

Here it is...

post-3-1089375840_thumb.jpg

Omega, is good to know you are about to end your studies and that you are moving with your girlfriend to Arg, it is true in Tucumán is really hot, but winters last only a few days so in case you come during this year just let me know!!!

A question: does exist any hasegawa transformable model kit?

be cause i found another claimed Hasegawa 1/72 kit really nice an smooth, fully transformable.

Here it is...

Nope, that's just another custom, there's no factory Hasegawa kit.

nyacumo28:

Sorry dude no transformable hasegawa kits, :( I know, it sucks!!!!.

Are actually doing making a transformable valk. using a hasegawa kit??? or is it another kit like bandai or arii??

O by the way, sure I´ll let you know if I go over there ;)

That's a heavily modified Hasegawa kit, I believe it was done before Hasegawa even released their Battroid version model kits. A lot of work went into it.

The only transformable kits were the 1/100 and 1/72 ones made by Bandai, the 1/72 ones being reissues cast from the molds orginally designed by Imai back in the early 1980s, which Bandai bought. People are doing customs with Hasegawas because their kits have better proportions.

Nicolas, I am surprised there was actually a store in Argentina that sold these toys. When I lived there in the 1980s there were no toy stores that sold Japanese imports at all. Have you considered ordering them from outside the country or is the customs fee too much to make it an option still?

Well, actually they have a web site you can chek www.camelot-comics.com.ar

And yes the customs fees are too much, for example y bought a 1/55 bandai valkirya on Ebay, i paid for it included the shipping and handling 60 USD wich are 180 Pesos argentinos, when it finally cross the customs office i had to pay 370 pesos wich are 124 USD.

In th stores you will find them for about 650 pesos 216 dolars.

This is the original toy, notice the nosecone wich i modified with epoxy material, the legs will transform as the Yamato 1/48 the one with the swing bar on the underside of the back plate, an the feets are being sculpted on a thin brionze plae as the one on the swing bars already shown.

The feets are anime like You know with trapezoidal walls and that little terrace level.

Regards

post-3-1089720279_thumb.jpg

Edited by nyacumo28

For the love of God, what happened to that poor bootleg valkyrie?

The difference between before and after is amazing.

It looks like it was slowly roasted over an open fire, and then buried in sand for a month or two. :o

No offense intended, but I'm not sure that poor bootleg valkyrie is worth the time and trouble it will take to get the plastic smooth again.

First of all, the plastic isn't of the highest quality to begin with, and so sanding will only reduce the thickness and increase the possiblity of a break somewhere. This is especially important considering the screws and other attachments you've added.

Second of all, the amount of sanding needed will eliminate any/all detail such as panel lines and etc.

I think you mentioned how hard it is for you to get a valkyrie to use. Once you get all of the details figured out, you could apply them to a nice Bandai reisssue, or at least another bootleg.