looking for vf-11c line art

Guppy

Anyone out there got any good line art scans of the 11-c or other 11-b type variants? I have an extra yammie 11b I'm gonna customise. The only pic I can find is of the 1/144 Bandai kit: http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN46230

Also, if anyone's pulled apart an 11-b to customise (besides repairing the hip joint) I'd like to hear your thoughts/suggestions! :)

Newbie-question: What is the main difference between the B and C variant? :unsure:

Cool! Please keep us in the loop. Im struggling with a custom B and would love to see what you do.

In terms of posting what I have done. my progress is here. (but I have not touched it in a whle...been busy with casting and other projects) I'd love to hear your thoughts and share ideas.

LINK

Edited by Myersjessee

VF-X-11: Prototype version. Two produced, one equipped with fold booster.

VF-11A: First manufactured version (produced in small numbers). Short barrel on anti-aircraft laser gun and two windows on main sensor mounted on head turret.

VF-11B: Version in UN Spacy service in 2040. Lengthened barrel on anti-aircraft gun, one window on main sensor, and increased engine thrust. Deployed on 37th long-distance immigration fleet.

VF-11C: Version with enhanced navigational electronic equipment. All VF-11s in 2040 were in the process of being upgraded beginning with the first squadron.

VF-11D: Two-seater version.

VF-11D Custom: Custom two-seater version manufactured by Shinsei Industry and the Macross 7 Project M Special Technologies Group in one lot of approximately 20 craft with enlarged canard wing, enhanced engines, VF-19's vernier thrusters, and space/atmospheric sound booster FAST Pack. Deployed in Jamming Bird force.

VF-11MAXL: Version with FF-2099A engines identical to the VF-16's, strengthened overall structure to tolerate the engines' thrust, and redesigned modified delta wing for increased fuselage strength and aerodynamic characteristics. A limited number of these special reserve fighters exists, all manufactured to order by the pilots.

VF-11MAXL Custom: Custom version manufactured by Shinnakasu Heavy Industry and the Macross 7 Special Technologies Group with internal sound system, speaker launcher pod, and FF-2099A engines similar to the VF-16's.

C had a navigation system upgrade, about the only difference from the B. All existing VF-11 A/B's were to get the C upgrade.

Also of interest is now the MAXL has a separate entry in the compendium finally apart from Mylene's custom.

Edited by Anubis

VF-X-11: Prototype version. Two produced, one equipped with fold booster.

VF-11A: First manufactured version (produced in small numbers). Short barrel on anti-aircraft laser gun and two windows on main sensor mounted on head turret.

VF-11B: Version in UN Spacy service in 2040. Lengthened barrel on anti-aircraft gun, one window on main sensor, and increased engine thrust. Deployed on 37th long-distance immigration fleet.

VF-11C: Version with enhanced navigational electronic equipment. All VF-11s in 2040 were in the process of being upgraded beginning with the first squadron.

VF-11D: Two-seater version.

VF-11D Custom: Custom two-seater version manufactured by Shinsei Industry and the Macross 7 Project M Special Technologies Group in one lot of approximately 20 craft with enlarged canard wing, enhanced engines, VF-19's vernier thrusters, and space/atmospheric sound booster FAST Pack. Deployed in Jamming Bird force.

VF-11MAXL: Version with FF-2099A engines identical to the VF-16's, strengthened overall structure to tolerate the engines' thrust, and redesigned modified delta wing for increased fuselage strength and aerodynamic characteristics. A limited number of these special reserve fighters exists, all manufactured to order by the pilots.

VF-11MAXL Custom: Custom version manufactured by Shinnakasu Heavy Industry and the Macross 7 Special Technologies Group with internal sound system, speaker launcher pod, and FF-2099A engines similar to the VF-16's.

C had a navigation system upgrade, about the only difference from the B. All existing VF-11 A/B's were to get the C upgrade.

Also of interest is now the MAXL has a separate entry in the compendium finally apart from Mylene's custom.

Ahh, thanks very much! :D

Myerjesse - I'm reading your post now.. don't know how I missed it! You are really going to town on your 11b - my ambitions are much lower - I'm just gonna dissassemble, strip, prime and repaint with an airbrush. If I come across any cool paint variations I'll send 'em to you. I have a Hasegawa option decal set (http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?HSG65757) so if I go with a straight 11c black&white paint sheme I'll spruce it up with some squadron decals.

I AM thinking of modding the 11b gun to make it like the 11c but as far as the other cosmetic changes go I think I'll just skip it. It could end in disaster.

Let me know if you had any probs disassembling it!

RichterX - Thanx for the screenshot - That will help! Maybe I should make one with burn marks from getting blown up.. :p

If anyone has Macross7 Art books I'd be much in debt for a scan out of it!

Heh, I keep promising Guppy to scan him the VF-11 color squadron pics from TIAS Mac PLus, but I never seem to have the time these days :p

Graham

Yesss..... that's right! LOL! That's why I posted this! And sebastian as well, he is full of empty promises to scan me pics! :D

But I guess it's fair. I've promised to send pics thru for the custom section and haven't got around to it.

Guppy,

Sounds excellent...I can't wait to see it!

Im going to do mine in a military scheme...not sure which yet though...

I did miliary looking vf-1's in medium blue and khai type green and they looked pretty good. I used Tamiya paints - they do a lot of military variations. Just save your sanity and avoid a camo scheme! :D

Like u said in your other thread.. I'm bad a multi tasking too. I have 3 MG kits to finish painting, then a PG zaku to do, then I'll get onto the 11-c job! Maybe I'll have something to show by 2005. ;)

One last query to anyone who knows.. the 11-c gunpod seems to be a lot more cylindrical than the 11-b - the front half is basically a slimmer cylinder than the back half. Am I right? If that's the case it would be pretty easy to scratch-build one.

Heh, I keep promising Guppy to scan him the VF-11 color squadron pics from TIAS Mac PLus, but I never seem to have the time these days :p

Graham

Yesss..... that's right! LOL! That's why I posted this! And sebastian as well, he is full of empty promises to scan me pics! :D

But I guess it's fair. I've promised to send pics thru for the custom section and haven't got around to it.

Yeah, Im guilty... Shame on me.

Graham

Yeah, Im guilty... Shame on me.

Well, you sent me lots of dvds, so I forgive you buddy. ;)