Krylon Fusion

Druna Skass

• 3 weeks later...
i called krylon about this and a big issue is that no other paint will stick to the fusion line, so no 2nd colors or clearcoat for your decals.....

mslz22:

I was considering using Krylon Fusion for a toy custom (not a scale model), and found your recent post. I was going to use two colors of the Fusion paint on this toy, but now wonder if I would need to mask off the different colored sections and paint them separately (rather than painting the second color over the first). You note that no other paint will stick to dried Fusion; do you know if different layers of Fusion paint will adhere to one another (after drying)? Sorry for the silly question.

Thanks for the info,

--MyClone

What Krlon told me is that fusion paint will stick to fusion paint, however there is a window of opportunity to do this and I can't remember exactly what it is. Call the 800 # on the back of the can, they were pretty helpful. Like I said the real issue is that a clear coat will not stick well, so if you are applying decals they will be unprotected, if they even stick...adhesion backed stickers should not be an issue. I have a can and was planning on playing around with it a bit, I will post some results when I get around to playing with it.

mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there... New to this board but I have used Fusion paint, allot!

I have painted models, replica movie props and Star Wars armor for costumes with it. The only problem I have had is using the white, but I was putting it on a X-Wing helmet. This problem was more the item I was using it on than the paint.

Here is a picture of one of the models I have used fusion on:

DSC00780.JPG

This is a Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot helmet I have done using Fusion black, the grey and green are not Fusion and I have had no issues using other paint on top of it:

DSC00758.JPG

Saving the best for last...

DSC00539.JPG

Mark Corey