1/60 perfect transformation

DatterBoy

I was cruzing the web looking for customs since i wanted to do a few of my own. I love the 1/60 line and always thought it would be great to have a 1/60 perfect transformation. Now everyone knows that YAMTO could have made a perfect transformation 1/60 like they did on the 48 if they wanted to, but those bigwigs at YAMATO wanted to save the good stuff for the 48... og well, our loss.

Then I saw this (and some of you may have already seent this too) 1/60 YAMATO Perfect Transformation off the valkyrie creations page and figured this is a wonderful idea, and I'd love to make this conversion to at least 1 of my valks.

I can't read the text so I don't know what to do, but this guy has the right idea and it pretty much solves almost all of the complaints (or at least the major one) surrounding the 60 vs the 48. Has anyone tried this or knowexactly what he did or what materials he used to pull this off?

Thanks

:Dat

You know what, just went on to see some more pages, looks like he has some tutorial up for how it was done. Was wondering, can anyone provide a translation? Would love to pull this one off.

Thanks again

Nice. Looks pretty extensive to me...

Here's what Bablefish says:

With little remodelling and mark VF-1 in perfection deformation! Technology it does not enter. If with just guts you can remodel (the husband) there is a tool of that appearance simply anyone, even nature it does not need! As for remodelling method with next explanation/learning explanation/releasing. Whether postscript & the next notice everyone knowing you think, but complete deformation ƒnƒZƒKƒƒoƒ‹ƒLƒŠ[, sharply by ”V mediating/helping Hino of the lightning hobby magazine ' 01.6 month number Manet it did the system which receives this arm to the nose. At all being not to be complicated mechanism, you think that it can reproduce sufficiently even with the toy of mass production. ... With, the perfection deformation which adopts this method with the meaning which is said (replacement nothing) please sell Valkyrie, and the mark way! Because everyone who cannot wait for sale explains next remodelling method, to try making, -! (Without explanation it can make, the person who has technology however probably will be, ƒl.) So, in addition next time. ƒAƒfƒ…[! !

Hmmm... that adds some light to the subject but bablefish always confuses me and gives me a good laugh in the process. Thanks for the effort. Think I'm gonna look at the pics and try my own version of a custom perfect transformation.

With little remodelling and mark VF-1 in perfection deformation! Technology it does not enter. If with just guts you can remodel (the husband) there is a tool of that appearance simply anyone, even nature it does not need! As for remodelling method with next explanation/learning explanation/releasing. Whether postscript & the next notice everyone knowing you think, but complete deformation ?n?Z?K???o???L???[, sharply by ?V mediating/helping Hino of the lightning hobby magazine ' 01.6 month number Manet it did the system which receives this arm to the nose. At all being not to be complicated mechanism, you think that it can reproduce sufficiently even with the toy of mass production. ... With, the perfection deformation which adopts this method with the meaning which is said (replacement nothing) please sell Valkyrie, and the mark way! Because everyone who cannot wait for sale explains next remodelling method, to try making, -! (Without explanation it can make, the person who has technology however probably will be, ?l.) So, in addition next time. ?A?f???[! !

WTF!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

With little remodelling and mark VF-1 in perfection deformation! Technology it does not enter. If with just guts you can remodel (the husband) there is a tool of that appearance simply anyone, even nature it does not need! As for remodelling method with next explanation/learning explanation/releasing. Whether postscript & the next notice everyone knowing you think, but complete deformation ƒnƒZƒKƒƒoƒ‹ƒLƒŠ[, sharply by ”V mediating/helping Hino of the lightning hobby magazine ' 01.6 month number Manet it did the system which receives this arm to the nose. At all being not to be complicated mechanism, you think that it can reproduce sufficiently even with the toy of mass production. ... With, the perfection deformation which adopts this method with the meaning which is said (replacement nothing) please sell Valkyrie, and the mark way! Because everyone who cannot wait for sale explains next remodelling method, to try making, -! (Without explanation it can make, the person who has technology however probably will be, ƒl.) So, in addition next time. ƒAƒfƒ…[! !

LOL!! It's good to see that Babelfish is still good for a laugh.

Saw that too, but would still be nice to know what they were saying there. Even though they are great illustrations of the process, the verbiage would be very helpful.

Anyone care to entertain us with more babblefish?

hahahaha

Heh, yeah pretty funny, but even funnier (?) is that i'm actually getting used to it (looking all over Yamato's web page, in addition to other interests... Honda Japan, Mugen Co, Ltd, etc). I think one can get the basic point from babelfish... and get a good laugh in the meantime. :lol:

I saw the next pages but just posting a translation here woudln't work. Someone needs to translate each page with the captions next to their respective pictures. You're welcome... well wasn't much effort really... just a copy and paste. ;)

Edited by Uxi

That is a pretty intensive modification... I have to agree with Super O though... a cleaner and more poseable way to accomplish this would be better....

I have to hand it to that guy though... WOW! What a lot of work, and it looks great for the most part.... I think I'll just keep my 1/60s the way they are for now though. :p

I was thinking of a modification on his mod, where you leave the hip pivots ball and socket in place but remove the square or hex pegs for the swingbar. I'm gonna try this for sure. Just a matte rof doing everything right. I am a bit nervous, but I was able to score a cheap 1A so it shouldn't be too bad. We'll see how it goes.

The other thing taht bugs me is the the need for the legs to pivot on the rear for the leg attachment on the back of the calf. This means no fast pack support, so I'm gonna have to think about a solution for that as well.

Didn't quire understand the heatshield thing, but one thing is for sure, this proves that a perfect transformation on a 1/60 really is possible and that Yamato just didn't want to do it...

Now, where to get the metal for the bars... from the looks of it.. he got it off a desk bench....?