CM figure opinion

rewooh

It seems to me that the paint jobs tend to get a little weak on the clear hair variants.

I don't know why that is because I'm sure the bodies and accessories are painted separately, and the hair pieces are just added to them, but most of the clear hair variants I have seen have thready paint, meaning it looks like they ran out of paint on the shoulder pads, or other parts.

That being said, I prefer the solid hair versions.

Even though I have the clear hair versions of the first series, I would much rather have the solid hair figures because if completes the figure if it's fully painted. :p:D:lol:

Solid hair... I don't get the clear hair version... even though I got them... :p

The second series almost doesn't matter. The clear wasn't molded with tranlucent dye, instead it was painted on, which makes it NOT clear anymore... :unsure:

but most of the clear hair variants I have seen have thready paint, meaning it looks like they ran out of paint on the shoulder pads, or other parts.

It's just QC.

I like the clear hair ones when the hair gives a glowing effect when backlit. Mylene, DYRL Minmay and Misa. Otherwise, no.

Clear hair for Ishtar and Mylene, solid for everyone else.

I got a Solid hair Roy Focker at F&S for 7 dollars!!! while Little ANime shop wanted 12 for clear at PMX. (Pacific Media Expo) But I got the Cockpit at least. For 25. Are there two versions of that? like Min Mei has clear and solid?

I thought I would like solid better, but I just got a clear Hikaru, Mylene, and Mao (thanks GLAINE!!! ) and I am extremly pleased with all of them. The clear hair, suprisingly, seems to give it a more "animated" feel. I approve. Ill update when I get some solids to compare...but I do like the clear...it looks better in person then I think it does in pictures (which wash out the color some and make it look more transparent then it does in person. )

I got a Solid hair Roy Focker at F&S for 7 dollars!!! while Little ANime shop wanted 12 for clear at PMX. (Pacific Media Expo) But I got the Cockpit at least. For 25. Are there two versions of that? like Min Mei has clear and solid?

Nope, not that I have seen or heard of. The chase in this series happens to be just one variation. So you did you go to the PMX? Did you see any alpha's there by any chance? There was this whole big thing about it in the anime and others section. Check it out. :p:D:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I got 3 minmays (1 solid and 2 clear) the other day and realized that there are different shades in the special version (clear hair)...

One of the figures has (significantly) darker shade of clear blue that it actally looks really nice; dark enough to hide forhead and other internal structures, but translucent enough to give that mystic feel to it. In general I like the solid color but in this particualar case, I liked this clear one a lot better than the solid one. I wish I had a digital camera...

I wonder if this is true for other figures...

By the way, if you try mylene's head on other figures (mainly minmay or ishtar), it looks pretty nice, especially on ishtar. If you set her head on Ishtar at the right angle, her flowing front hair rests on Ishtar's left arm. It looks just cool and the color matching is good too.

On the side note, Ishtar is little too naked for me. I feel uncomfortable to display or keep her... I am trying to sell this figure. Let me know if you are interested.

Edited by question