Request

Any of you guys know sites that have MP3's of 8 and 16 bit Nintendo games online?

I'm looking for some classic BGM's from games like zelda 1 and 2, + 16bit

Double Dragon 2 ending theme, Megaman 1, Castlevania 1 and 2,

super streetfighter, etc,...

p2p's give mostly new stuff, so they're not much use

(Yeah, I'm taking a trip down memory lane)

one of my favorite snes themes was the slow zelda theme from link to the past, the one they play during the end credits with the polygon triforce in the backround.

i'm really kinda miffed it never showed up again in a later zelda game

one of my favorite snes themes was the slow zelda theme from link to the past, the one they play during the end credits with the polygon triforce in the backround.

i'm really kinda miffed it never showed up again in a later zelda game

I always liked the title/intro theme from the original Legend of Zelda. Another tune that hasn't been reused, as far as I know.

I've got virtually every Castlevania CD ever made (at least 7, I think I have 8), so I know I have all of the Castlevania 1,2,3 BGMs.... unfortunately I'm sitting on a dial-up connection :(

I also have a great many Final-Fantasy CDs (earlier stuff, not just FF8-on music, although I have that too)

I've got an MP3 of the "Double Dragon" arcade them, but that's the only one....lol, I even have 2 MP3s from the original Nintendo "Rygar"...

Old zelda stuff is VERY hard to come by... hell a lot of it is.

I'd love to get stuff from "Guardian Legend", Afterburner II (if I could find just ONE version of "The final takeoff" without those stupid yamaha keyboard improv additions, I'll die a happy man), Herzog Zwei, Wing Commander I&2, and so on....

Hey thanks, got a few of them following various links in there

to bad there's no tool to rip certain parts out of those NFS files (and I have to listen

to xxx number of Sound effects :D

Yes... that IS the problem with NSF files.

You can probably convert a tune to MP3 using WinAmp, the included diskwriter plugin, and a good NSF plugin. I know you can do that with SPCs.

you can order soundtrack CDs from GameMusic.com. they have Original soundtracks for numerous games (although many are out of print). You can also nail a fair number of anime soundtracks here too (yes, many old Macross SNDTRKs are listed, and yes.. they're all out of print)

I get most of mine from surfing ebay.... just about the only place to find some of it.

I know it's kinda OT but if you want the soundtrack to Wind Waker then PM me (for link). ;)

I'd also like to get my hands on the old Mega Man II and III tracks. :lol: