Gundam Seed release date set

Keith

Looks like Seed is set for release on August 10th in 2 styles, disc only limited edition disc 1 + box plus OST CD. Estimate would seem to be 10 disc's which is what was expected. Still no date for Zeta though...bastards!

post-26-1085731538_thumb.jpg

How is this a surprise? We all know Bandai America is putting all their marketing support behind Seed and SD Gundam. If it weren't for the fact that they've paid for the English dub of Zeta, which should be a done deal already, they probably wouldn't even bother releasing it at all.

Hmm, I wonder how much they plan to soak us for that. At least the box looks good.

BTW - continuing the "no surprise" theme, I saw some 1/144 Strike models in Target the other day. :rolleyes:

the $6 basic models or the HG kits? all i've seen around are the basic kits that need mass paint <_<

Hmm, I wonder how much they plan to soak us for that.  At least the box looks good.

BTW - continuing the "no surprise" theme, I saw some 1/144 Strike models in Target the other day.  :rolleyes:

the $6 basic models or the HG kits? all i've seen around are the basic kits that need mass paint <_<

Looked like the $6 dollar variety, basically, the pre-painted "toydel" that you just snap together.

I hate 1/144, it is craptastic, I would sooner get the $30 1/60 model that I already have, it is fantastic! :lol:

Looked like the $6 dollar variety, basically, the pre-painted "toydel" that you just snap together.

I hate 1/144, it is craptastic, I would sooner get the $30 1/60 model that I already have, it is fantastic! :lol:

damn <_< to be honest i don't like my gundams bigger than 1/100 scale mostly because i lack the ROOM to put them in...i had a 1/60 freedom gundam that i sold off to a friend...damn that big thing was fugly, and a bitch to build <_< i have a 1/100 scale freedom and even more disappointed with that one because of the mass painting you HAVE TO do for it <_< i guess i'll have to get an MG freedom when it comes out this summer <_<

I love the box design.

I'm happy to see it early, last I read they were hinting fall for Seed.

Zeta should still be early fall. Haven't seen anything about that changing.

As for the Model Kits, I built the HG Providence 1/144 and it was a great kit, up there with any of the HGUC kits. Even the little shoulder cannons had their own parts, and the shield only had one sticker on it for the green lens, everything else was properly molded. Two stickers actually for the enitre kit: the eyes, and the green lens.

It seems the Freedom Kits sucked on purpose <_< . There was no reason for the HG 1/144 and 1/100 to have solid blue wings (stickers on the 1/100 for the black part of the wings, nothing for the 1/144 HG). They saved the actual black parts for the 1/60 and the MG. That was cheap of them.

I refuse to touch the cheap 6 dollar ones. They look like serious crap.

The HG's though are generally quite good these days.

I picked up the HG freedom at Target a couple weeks ago, used it as an expendable painting experiment, and got another one after to do the right way.

I'll eventually get a Strike Rouge w/ IWSP and a M1 Astray.

Wasnt Zeta box set suppose to be out Winter 03?

WTF.

Damn Bandai.

Originally. It was supposed to air on TV first as well as get its box set release. The english gundam official website was updated with the Zeta information as well. Then they decided to push Seed first and get the new flashy show out, then deal with Zeta after that push began. The Zeta Box was pushed to fall earlier this year.

Guess they wanted to catch Seed while it was hot. Seed 2's starting in the fall may have helped with the bump as well.

Last word put Zeta at somewhere near september, so we "should" hopefully have a release date & price soon. Irregardless, I still already put a pre-order down for the Seed box, I just wish it was the whole series instead of just teh first volume.

Huh..

Back in Feb, there was another #Ask_Jerry chat with Jerry Chu, and he announced that the Zeta DVD boxset would be released on the 7th of September. As for price, it was labled around $200+ for the entire series.

The news has been around for a while.. I'm more curious about what happened to F91, since it was supposed to have a theatrical release at the end of THIS month, and since tomorrow is the 31st..

*points to the 50+ HG and HGUC 1/144 kits encompassing a hellva lot of the Gundamverse with more then a few examples from SEED*

I think they just get better and better as time moves along.

Anyway, is this going to have subtitles or are they going to shaft us.......again?

-NOS

MAKE THE BAD DUB GO AWAY!

Didn't Sunrise start enforcing better subtitle standards with the Gundam franchise? Or was that just regarding 0079 terms? As for F91, I think we can all kiss that theatrical release goodbye, though hopefully the DVD will pop-up the same time Zeta does.

Of course the next question would be how soon after the R2 release Bandai plans on releasing the Zeta movies.

It`s for the AU fans of course, that`s why they didn`t mention Z Gundam. BTW I`m more interest in the Z Gundam movies than the series.

I've seen Bandai America's licensing package for the calendar year and can tell you Zeta Gundam was definitely not in their offerings for 2004. As far as Gundam goes, they are only concerned about Seed and SD Gundam Force this year.

Think about it. They showed off a bunch of Zeta Gundam toys at last year's Toy Show and none of them were on display at Bandai's booth this year. That should send off enough red flags to anyone paying attention.

Is Seed-2 now really confirm for Japan this Oct. ?. Did you know there are rumors that Sunrise are plannig for a new serious UC Gundam series.

No, a SEED sequel is still only an unconfirmed rumour at this stage.

As for another new UC series, unfortunately it sounds like that's true.

It`s for the AU fans of course, that`s why they didn`t mention Z Gundam.  BTW I`m more interest in the Z Gundam movies than the series.

I've seen Bandai America's licensing package for the calendar year and can tell you Zeta Gundam was definitely not in their offerings for 2004. As far as Gundam goes, they are only concerned about Seed and SD Gundam Force this year.

Think about it. They showed off a bunch of Zeta Gundam toys at last year's Toy Show and none of them were on display at Bandai's booth this year. That should send off enough red flags to anyone paying attention.

What about F91? Though I do still think the Zeta box will see the light of day this year (i.e. they'll honk off a ton of gundam hardcore, which admittedly aren't the bulk of their target right now ), but there's been not even a hint from the studio reps about the fate of F91.

What about F91? Though I do still think the Zeta box will see the light of day this year (i.e. they'll honk off a ton of gundam hardcore, which admittedly aren't the bulk of their target right now ), but there's been not even a hint from the studio reps about the fate of F91.

Didn't see anything from them regarding F91 either. Like Jinnai said, F91 was supposed to get a limited theatrical release like the Escaflowne movie did by the end of May 2004. It's the 31st already and still not a word from Bandai.

Bandai has been showing subbed version of F91 at U.S. anime cons before Wing even took off. It's their oldest vaporware and I guess they intend to keep it that way.

Didn't see anything from them regarding F91 either. Like Jinnai said, F91 was supposed to get a limited theatrical release like the Escaflowne movie did by the end of May 2004. It's the 31st already and still not a word from Bandai.

Bandai has been showing subbed version of F91 at U.S. anime cons before Wing even took off. It's their oldest vaporware and I guess they intend to keep it that way.

Oh well, maybe we'll luck out and the R2 Zeta movie set will have subtitles like the R2 0079 movies set.

Oh well, maybe we'll luck out and the R2 Zeta movie set will have subtitles like the R2 0079 movies set.

Not unless there's already a pre-produced English sub for the Zeta movies. The only reason the R2 DVDs had English was because the English sub was already produced for the US home video releases, it didn't cost them extra to slap that on the DVD. The English production for Zeta is TV series only. Without an existing English sub for Zeta movies, I doubt we'll see it on the R2 DVD since it'd mean extra work for a feature that's virtually useless for their target market.

Ive seen 2 different sets of Seed models. The cheapie megapaint ones, and larger HGUC US type boxes for 1/144s with a 15-20 dollar pricepoint.

Im really not that interested in Seed, so I am probably gonna pass on em and the DVDs. I did grab the first manga volume though. I find I almost prefer manga to the actual shows these days. Cheaper and I can read em in bed. Though Azumanga Diaoh got me to buy its DVD. But its really great. (For Excel Saga im sticking with the manga only though.)

Is Seed-2 now really confirm for Japan this Oct. ?.  Did you know there are rumors that Sunrise are plannig for a new serious UC Gundam series.

Hmph......... a UC hater, besides it`s better to have a new UC show than always a new AU show that borrows alot form UC shows.

Is Seed-2 now really confirm for Japan this Oct. ?.  Did you know there are rumors that Sunrise are plannig for a new serious UC Gundam series.

Hmph......... a UC hater, besides it`s better to have a new UC show than always a new AU show that borrows alot form UC shows.

Seed 2 is not a rumor. Seed was intended to be a new branch off point. What will comprise Seed 2 is unknown (same characters or not, etc.) though there is supposed to be an article about it in the near future in one of Japan's anime magazines.

The September release date for the Zeta box was re-comfirmed at AKon this weekend.....I hate waiting!

There was also something else about limited edition versions of subsequent Seed disc's, though its probably nothing more than DTS or patches or something like Yukikaze.

There was also something else about limited edition versions of subsequent Seed disc's, though its probably nothing more than DTS or patches or something like Yukikaze.

Thankfully it's not DTS disks, as they've said that only some volumes will have Limited Editions, not all of them.

Good to see Zeta is still on track.

Wonder where F91 is though? Maybe they're saving news of that one for AX or Otakon?

Wonder where F91 is though?  Maybe they're saving news of that one for AX or Otakon?

Question is, do many people care?

F-91 is close the bottom of the barrel as far as Gundam goes.

Heh, enough people cared to ask.

I don't see anyone begging for R1 releases of X or Turn-A DVDs here.

At 2 Gundam series a year (not counting oddities like SDG force), I wouldn't expect Turn A for another 2 years tops, especially since Victory should come before it. The reason everyone asks about F-91 is because it was announced to be released around the same time frame as Zeta.

• 2 weeks later...

Diamond's september update just listed Zeta's SRP finally. 200 bucks as expected, so with preorders we'll be able to get it for around 140. Sweet deal.

ZETA GUNDAM LIMITED EDITION BOX SET SRP: $199.98
Edited by Anubis

unfortunately there's also been no new info about either a SEED 2 or a new UC show, though SEED MSV has been very active in the news i'm getting, presumably in connection with the SEED related Astray OVA that's in the works, yawn. the only other news i've been hearing relates to the SD gundam show, which will be starting its second season in Japan before the second season comes out here in the states.

gunota did post a nice interview with Tomimo about the Zeta movies the other day, but i have still not heard when they're actually going to debut.

unfortunately there's also been no new info about either a SEED 2 or a new UC show, though SEED MSV has been very active in the news i'm getting, presumably in connection with the SEED related Astray OVA that's in the works, yawn. the only other news i've been hearing relates to the SD gundam show, which will be starting its second season in Japan before the second season comes out here in the states.

gunota did post a nice interview with Tomimo about the Zeta movies the other day, but i have still not heard when they're actually going to debut.

The Astray footage seen is from the game, not an OVA. Next CE Gundam Show is Seed2, which should be seeing a spot in one of Japan's anime mags soon.

I wouldn't object to an Astray side-story OVA though. Would be nice actually.

Diamond's september update just listed Zeta's SRP finally. 200 bucks as expected, so with preorders we'll be able to get it for around 140. Sweet deal.
ZETA GUNDAM LIMITED EDITION BOX SET SRP: $199.98

Awesome, I can't freakin' wait. I just hope they do a nice box, hell, I wouldn't object to a gold Hyaku Shiki colored one.