Can we get rid of this?

Gunsight1:

No offense to the authors, as they did put time into this thing, but its kind of lame to have a front page banner ad to a first bi-monthly, then quarterly, then defunct fan mag.

It makes it seem, to at least the casual viewer, like Macross is dead or something.

post-21-1085591743.jpg

True, seems to be a matter of housekeeping.

The road to hell is littered with good intentions. ;)

I'm not sure what happened, but I haven't heard anything in a while.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing...

I should really just do a shortcut to the forums instead of going thru the front page. But it all has to do with what Shawn is willing to do now. Most of the links in the "Link" section is gone and a lot of new Macrossworld based pages has popped up, like Yellowlightman's fan work page. Give a link to that instead, not this deader than dead project.

Well Richard (Apollo Leader) was in charge of "Gunsight One", but he's been quite busy. I offered to help get it back on track, but he probably has a great deal of more important things to deal with just now (like preparations for the midwest Macrossworld convention! :) )

Speaking of things that should be disposed of, can we lose the member titles?? I am definately not amused by mine and would like it removed immeaditely.

You kind of missed the boat dude... There was a thread about that a few days ago.

File this under -

"Can we make our own custom skin for the board?"

*crickets chirp*

"Do you want a co-admin to help update the site or redesign it?"

*crickets chirp*

"Does anyone out there love me?"

*dead silence*

:lol:

pretty much, if someone knows there way around here, i doubt hes clicking on links on the homepage. the only time i went there was to check out some custom 1/60's and 1/48's, other than that, i come straight here for the info.

Just because the current members don't go there doesn't mean its not important. I mean WE all know that thing is defunct, but a newer fan will be confused by it and not come here again thinking its a dead site. He or she may never even get to the forums.

Just because the current members don't go there doesn't mean its not important. I mean WE all know that thing is defunct, but a newer fan will be confused by it and not come here again thinking its a dead site. He or she may never even get to the forums.

hmmm... maybe we should leave it there then... maybe it'll work better than the N00b Away spray I've been using. :unsure:

Just because the current members don't go there doesn't mean its not important.  I mean WE all know that thing is defunct, but a newer fan will be confused by it and not come here again thinking its a dead site.  He or she may never even get to the forums.

hmmm... maybe we should leave it there then... maybe it'll work better than the N00b Away spray I've been using. :unsure:

So the n00b doesn't like n00bs eh!????? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, we have had some newer members in the past year that are a real contribution. I like the n00bs.

Seriously though, we have had some newer members in the past year that are a real contribution. I like the n00bs.

Ah, you just like having guys around that haven't fallen for the "rub my pectoral muscles and I'll buy you a Yamato" scheme that you've been using for years.

I just can't figure out why >EXO< keeps falling for it, though. :lol:

Seriously - I'm with A1, the n00bs are, for the most part, good folks.

And to be back on topic... this thread amounts to yet another request by those who care about this site to try and help keep it current. I know it's an old subject - but it really is something that would be cool to address eventually.

Seriously though, we have had some newer members in the past year that are a real contribution.  I like the n00bs.

Ah, you just like having guys around that haven't fallen for the "rub my pectoral muscles and I'll buy you a Yamato" scheme that you've been using for years.

And to be back on topic... this thread amounts to yet another request by those who care about this site to try and help keep it current. I know it's an old subject - but it really is something that would be cool to address eventually.

Yesh! I ren00bed for the pecs! :rolleyes:

Actually, when A1 said pecs I thought he said Chex. I mean it's not just a mix... it's a Party Mix!

Seriously though, we have had some newer members in the past year that are a real contribution.  I like the n00bs.

Yesh! I ren00bed for the pecs! :rolleyes:

Actually, when A1 said pecs I thought he said Chex. I mean it's not just a mix... it's a Party Mix!

:lol:

been a while since ive been on here, i kinda like the changes. As for noobs, when i 1st saw this site, i ussed the 1st page quite a bit for info and collecting, now i know it buy heart and go directly to the forums :rolleyes: