New Macross Products news

angolz

with no SV-51 or even a VF-0A shown(all that would need is a different head) I dont tink yamato is waiting for a fishhook.

I think they jsut went str8 ahead to making a perfect variable and just releasing the 1/100 for some money on the side. After all a VF-0A would be easy to make and even that hasnt been seen yet.

I would hope that i am right and that they ditched plans for a full 1/100 line and went str8 ahead to a bigger perfect variable.

AND BTW I got a MPC roy VF-1S Mint in BOx at gamestopp for 9.99$

If you want an MPC over this go to gamestop some stores got them since they werent selling well and are trying to clear them out from suppply, and they are delisted. SO with that the price was 19./99 but due to delisting it was 50% off.

with no SV-51 or even a VF-0A shown(all that would need is a different head) I dont tink yamato is waiting for a fishhook.

I think they jsut went str8 ahead to making a perfect variable and just releasing the 1/100 for some money on the side. After all a VF-0A would be easy to make and even that hasnt been seen yet.

I would hope that i am right and that they ditched plans for a full 1/100 line and went str8 ahead to a bigger perfect variable.

AND BTW I got a MPC roy VF-1S Mint in BOx at gamestopp for 9.99$

If you want an MPC over this go to gamestop some stores got them since they werent selling well and are trying to clear them out from suppply, and they are delisted. SO with that the price was 19./99 but due to delisting it was 50% off.

damn cheap

hell yes and well worth it. My friend who works there said the price for max and milia was 15.99. SO if you guys got gamestops near you check them. They should be near the glasscases on top shelves but this is in va beach and thneyh sold out quick. just check around your local stores.

back on topic. Imode any new news translations or comments from the japanese BBS would rock. With yamato not telling graham anything it seems your our last hope.

if anything tell us the comments that are japanese fellow fans are commenting on, im sure if anything it will bring laughs. and with sucha dissapointing toy it would be good to get some laughs

hell yes and well worth it. My friend who works there said the price for max and milia was 15.99. SO if you guys got gamestops near you check them. They should be near the glasscases on top shelves but this is in va beach and thneyh sold out quick. just check around your local stores.

back on topic. Imode any new news translations or comments from the japanese BBS would rock. With yamato not telling graham anything it seems your our last hope.

if anything tell us the comments that are japanese fellow fans are commenting on, im sure if anything it will bring laughs. and with sucha dissapointing toy it would be good to get some laughs

yeah. I hope m zero does not fade too quickly

Basically your same ol' same ol.

I'm a little lazy to go through all 970 odd messages on the thread (I haven't been reading recently), but basically there's nothing good to say about the VF-0. One person mentions the fact that due to this mix-and-match part style the VF-0 should look perfect in all 3 modes, yet for some reason it looks like absolute ass in all three modes, which is true. If it was perfect transformation, I might go a little easier on it, but there are no excuses for this monstrosity now that they've gone with this part removal thing.

Of course, everyone wants the Koenig Monster although they have their doubts.

One funny thing from the thread though, they're still bitching and moaning about the YF-19FP. Basically, they've adopted the rally cry of, "Macross, Do you remember the YF-19FP".

**edit: They obviously look to MW as well, seeing as how the most recent post links to the lego Koenig.

Edited by imode

oh man. We really are united in our stance against the PVC POS, I must agree, if it was accurate nad at least STUNNING in all 3 modes with diecast and ABS at tghat small size then it would definitely be nice if not out of the odinary by yamato. Imode does yamato even pay attention to teh BBS you used to translate? THey always say japanese market but when it comes to macross as it seems it seems that macross world and japanese fans are very similar, with them tending to be more harsh then we are. but u gotta be ruthless at times to make things happen i always say.

Well Shin, the thing is a lot of Japanese fans aren't as well informed as you'd think. A few may have connections, but at best, a few of them are able to pick up Dengeki Hobby quicker than you or me could. Generally, most are kept in the dark except for whatever info they can glean from hobby shows or from right here at MacrossWorld.

Take for example... post #554 has the quote,

they will be releasing a completely new YF-19 toy with FAST packs, featuring a totally redesigned sculpt.

which I'm sure you're all familiar with. 15 posts before that, someone even posts the link to the MacrossWorld news page where the quote is from.

I've brought it up before (not for a long time though) but Yamato has no excuse to not tampo on the markings. I own hundreds (yup, plural) of model planes with tampoed markings. Most of them have productions runs of less than 2,500, with over half having runs of 1,000 or less. And almost none retail for more than $25. And many have a half-dozen colors tampoed on. So why can't toys that cost many times more, with many times the production run size, get a simple white skull and red kite printed on????!?!?!?

Tampo printing costs "go up" the same as decals---it's not the sheer amount that's printed, it's :

1. How many different colors. 5 costs more than 4. A valk generally needs nothing more than black, white, and red. (Maybe yellow).

2. How many colors must be "aligned" with another. A white skull doesn't really have to be "aligned" with anything else, +/- a few mm won't be visible on the tail, so long as it's in the right area. But a UN Spacy kit requires the red, black, and white bits to all be quite accurately aligned with one another, or the logo and its outline will be off. (Out of register is the term).

2.5: Curved surfaces tend to be expensive, as a tampo cannot cover more than a few degrees of "arc". If you want to tampo a sphere, it'll cost a lot. As would a tube. You basically print one area, rotate it a bit, make sure it's aligned, print, and repeat until you've gone around the curve. But for say Nora's, it'd actually be fairly cheap. 1 color, nothing really has to align. Just a whole lot of yellow splotches on the wings and tail. Only expense would be wrapping them around the nosecone, legs, etc.

Heck, I've got ones with 24-color (or more) tampos on them for photographic quality on the tail logos, that still only cost $17. Though I think the production run on those may be 5,000 or more.

Real quick tampo explanation: think of it like a rubber stamp. You'd carve out the design, dip it in ink, then apply it to the model/toy. And you can only do one color on any particular stamp. So a US flag would need a white background stamp, a red stripe stamp, and a blue "star field background" stamp. And they'd have to be carefully aligned as you applied each one in sequence. But Nora's SV-51 would have one HUGE stamp with zig-zags carved on it, dipped in yellow, then applied to the entire upper surface. And then a few smaller ones to do the bits that curve around the sides, etc.

Since HCM pro is set to go on for the next 10 years, I imagine that it cant be gundam based solely. COuld be wrong but hell I imagine other anime ,ike macross and lgaim could get the HCM pro treatment. perhaps a 1/72 scale macross 0 series in HCM pro along with an all new VF-1 HCM pro 1/72 in scale with the original HCM. 1/200 would be too tiny for a variable valkyrie.

If bandai were to do ANYTHING for macross I imagine anything new would be in the HCM pro line. after all there were 3 VF-1s in the original HCM line.

I dont think david is sscreen printer, just a aerospace engineer. Ive seen his posts at diecastaircraft.com and conversed with him a couple times bout fighters, the man knows his stuff. Even suttle differences on F-15s released by dragon do not escape him. HE knows all.

I am wondering what kawamori discussed with bandai, i keep hearing toyline but what about a new toyline? to be honest I think bandai can tear yamato up in the valkyrie department if they actually TRIED to do something new. (i know i know gundam this gundam that i know thats there cashcow). but seriously think about it, theymodernized a bunch of retro toys and made them awesome(SOC toys).

I seriously think Yamato has more resources than they let everyone to believe. I mean, they must have contact with Kawamori, or at least to a certain point. <_< I'm sure if they can't figure out how to do something they could always turn to The Man himself for any questions. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to do a quick sketch on the transformation or something. All of this is under some kind of cloak...all's a mystery for now :ph34r:

DAMN IT YAMATO...STOP BEING SO DAMN LAZY!!!! DON'T TURN INTO BANDAI DAMN IT!!! YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

i dunno man hes got aqueiron crap coming out and finishing up macross 0. So with him being the man yamato HAS to come to and with him doing all that crap, i imagine its not as easy as you may think. he must be busy making sure tenjins CG models are to his taste, going over footage and telling teh animators to redo stuff, working on aquerion and doing other stuff.

and for some reason i hope bandai does make VF-0 in HCM pro. ahh yeaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah, I know that but I'm sure Big West has some sketches Kawamori drew as reference for the CG scenes...I wouldn't doubt if Yamato went to Stuido Nue/BW's animation department and asked for copies of those sketches. I mean the various magazines and OVA's can't be the only thing Yamato is relying on!!!

And to this point, I wouldn't care of Bandai made a friggin' VF-0 chunky monkey...I'd still buy it just to have a damn VF-0!!

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Well. i donno about you guys. But i still feel lucky to own most of the 1/48 series. I mean comparing to the this new product that is comming out, i would rather spend money on a new 1/48 then money on this VF-0S.

Be it Macross Plus, Macross Zero or whatever...i would (personally) rather spend money on a "true to anime" transformable 1/48 line like the VF-1 line. Which has a better sculpting, better articulation and better detail. Then on the 1/100 line, which is for me, so off mark that i dont feel its worth buying.

Feels like the 80s transformers again, where almost all of the transformers didnt even look close to the anime transformers. So unless yamato makes a 1/48 VF-0S (asuming they stick to the acuracy in transformation, sculpting as they did win the VF-1 line) then im not getting wasting my money on this.

Just my two cents.

-Jin

thats why i drool at the fact of perhaps VF-0 in HCM pro. that would rockl.

I agree with you about VF-0 in HCM Pro style or the fact is that Bandai will make Aquerion merchandise !

you know...i haven't seen crap for the aquerion series...does anyone have any pictures or anything?

all i remember hearing about it was it was gonna be something like power rangers...except less gay <_<

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

I seriously think Yamato has more resources than they let everyone to believe. I mean, they must have contact with Kawamori, or at least to a certain point.

Kawamori is apparently a very busy guy and I've heard that it can take a couple of months just to get a 30 minute appointment with him.

Graham

Since HCM pro is set to go on for the next 10 years, I imagine that it cant be gundam based solely. COuld be wrong but hell I imagine other anime ,ike macross and lgaim could get the HCM pro treatment. perhaps a 1/72 scale macross 0 series in HCM pro along with an all new VF-1 HCM pro 1/72 in scale with the original HCM. 1/200 would be too tiny for a variable valkyrie.

I dont think david is sscreen printer, just a aerospace engineer. Ive seen his posts at diecastaircraft.com and conversed with him a couple times bout fighters, the man knows his stuff. Even suttle differences on F-15s released by dragon do not escape him. HE knows all.

I am wondering what kawamori discussed with bandai, i keep hearing toyline but what about a new toyline? to be honest I think bandai can tear yamato up in the valkyrie department if they actually TRIED to do something new. (i know i know gundam this gundam that i know thats there cashcow). but seriously think about it, theymodernized a bunch of retro toys and made them awesome(SOC toys).

While you are probably correct that the HCM Pro line wont be entirely Gundam, my guess is that the first 5 years will be nothing but Gundam.

I bet Bandai is just going to release the exact same OYW, Z, ZZ, 08MST, 0080, 0083 Wing, G & SEED Mobile Suits that have already been released as MSiA toys.

And of course Gundam fans are gonna snap them up regardless of whether they already own the exact same MS as a MSiA, HGUC, MG, PG FIX etc.

Graham

And of course Gundam fans are gonna snap them up regardless of whether they already own the exact same MS as a MSiA, HGUC, MG, PG FIX etc.

Only because Bandai keeps pumping them out. Like Macross fans wouldn't snatch up the same old tired VF-1 over and over and over again if Yamato keeps pumping them out. At least we have variations.

However, a conscientious Gundam fan like myself wouldn't be caught dead with a tiny toy, although, I will admit that the prototype HCMP Mk-II looks pretty good. Whether or not I will buy it remains to be seen.

true. I just love bandai thats why i want stuff. They had quite a good reputation in terms of the HCM VF-1 so it would be a good way to introducce new valk toys in the HCM pro line. After all the line is still fresh and the first releases are not even oyut yet. They are not following a timeline order...for example astray gundam is planned and not even a strike gundam proto was seen first...or if they make a strike. I really think HCM pro is fan driven as most of the initial releases planned are all fan fav mobile suits. With that in mind I hope vqalks are made and perhaps in VFERR color schgeme.

Although the HCM Pro line seems to be well sculpted and engineered from the photos we've seen, I think Bandai is making a huge mistake going with this tiny 1/200 scale.

Even if I was still into Gundam, I don't think I'd be interested in toys this small.

And I personally strongly doubt that we will see any Macross toys in this line. Lots of Gundam, some Super Robots, maybe some Dunbine, Patlabor and L-Gaim, but no Macross.

Graham

yea they are really small. smaller then the MSIA. Well you never know graham, i always had the premonition bandai was just waiting for yamato to make some f*** ups and then once fans get pissed at yamato, and a valjk drouhgt of some kind makes us beg for valks like water, bandai will strike hard and fast./ if anythiung HCM pro would be the line i think it would be released in but in a larger scale then the gundams.

Of course, I'd love to see a line of Macross Zero HCM Pro toys from Bandai, but I really doubt it will happen as Bandai seems to have no respect and interest in Macross.

When Bandai have made Macross toys or models in the past, they either do a half-assed effort like the Macross 7 toys and models or are too late and miss the boat completely, like with the 1/55 reissues which flopped due to too much competition from the existing Yamato 1/60 and 1/48.

And if Bandai did decided to release some Macross toys in the HCM Pro line, I bet they would just release VF-1 toys (yawn, like we don't have enough of those already) and then they would wonder why nobody bought them....jerks!

Bandai, if you are listening, lets' have either a 1/55 Chunky Monkey VF-0A/B/D/S or a line of HCM Pro Macross Zero toys.

Graham

i 2nd that! anything perfect variable with macross 0 all over it is awesome! MEtal material datterboy model based paint scheme SV-51 anyone?

metal material series 1/72 macross 0 toys would be icing on the friggin cake! can't believe i forgot about that line! BEsides, better in that line than SOC. as much as id like to hope this will happen, i gota agree as well, it probably wont. howver noone saw the reissues coming from a mile away then all of a sudden toyboxdx got news of the hikaru 1J. yes it came at a bad time due to yamato coming out with stuff but I am thinking once yamato starts going dry on product, thats when bandai will take the field and step up the competition. i would hope./

And if Bandai did decided to release some Macross toys in the HCM Pro line, I bet they would just release VF-1 toys (yawn, like we don't have enough of those already) and then they would wonder why nobody bought them....jerks!

Bandai, if you are listening, lets' have either a 1/55 Chunky Monkey VF-0A/B/D/S or a line of HCM Pro Macross Zero toys.

Graham

Again, I don't want little bitty weenie HCM Pro Macross toys... bring on the the Chunky Monkey VF-0 line, though... that's like my dream come true.

And while they're at it - they really should finish their line of 1/55 VF-1 releases. :)