1/48 Max VF-1J Quality Poll

Hurin

What are your impressions of the Max VF-1J 1/48  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What are your impressions of the Max VF-1J 1/48

• It is nearly flawless. I love it. Another quality Yamato 1/48 release!
    • It is good. Not quite as good as the other Yamato 1/48s due to some slightly annoying QC issues (paint stripes fuzzy, etc.).
    • I'm satisified. Not extremely happy. Not extremely upset. I've noticed quite a few QC issues not normally a problem on Yamato 1/48s. It is merely satisfactory.
    • I'm unsatisfied. The paint and other problems are just too sloppy. But, since it's the best Max Valkyrie available, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones.
    • I'm very unsatisfied. The QC problems are just ridiculous! I'd send it back for refund if I didn't spend so much on shipping already.
    • I hate it. I got ripped off.

In Valk mode the little tabs that secure the intake part is not tight. And the seat in the cockpit is crooket has the day is long.

With a limited number of polls available per forum, couldn't these have been combined into one?

Considering they are two different valks and some are saying that the Milia is worse than the Max. . . uh, no. :p

H

Sigh. . . because they are different toys. Some say that the paint looks worse on the Milia (more transparent and sloppier). Others that the airbrake is worse on the Milia.

If you can only vote once in any poll, I'd like to see a way of coming up with questions that would allow you to say one is satisfactory but the other one isn't. How about when you only own one. What if you own both. . . but feel differently about each? It isn't possible to cover each possibility in one poll.

Is this really worth a debate?

H

Edited by Hurin

Is this really worth a debate?

H

Nope... but does it really have to be?

Mechamaniac has a point. So do you. No debate needed. Respect each other's opinions and all is well. If the mods think its too much, they'll lock one, the other, or both.

My $.02 - both releases are fine... paint job could be more perfect, but I'm thrilled with mine. Both of them. I can't tell that the Millia is any different than the Max, QC-wise.

For the record though, polls are limited to 10 questions each. So I'm serious, if anyone can figure out how one poll can cover all the contingencies listed above, that'd be cool. Looking at the "math" though, I don't think it's possible.

exactly what has been posted here that hasn't been discussed to death in other threads about the Max/Millia 1:48s? (besides the debate over the exactly how lame these two polls are?) :D

exactly what has been posted here that hasn't been discussed to death in other threads about the Max/Millia 1:48s? (besides the debate over the exactly how lame these two polls are?) :D

Uh, these polls are here as a direct result of those threads. Since, reading those subjective rants and opinions might give someone a skewed idea of how the Max is really considered among those who own it. I know that I was beginning to think that everyone really did hate it. But the poll shows differently.

Reading the threads, I think a lot of people would get the impression that the Max is just terrible. Yet 80% so far are satisfied or better.

As for a debate about them being lame? I don't see one. Just you. And Mechamechanic wondering if two were necessary. And they were.

H

Reading the threads, I think a lot of people would get the impression that the Max is just terrible. Yet 80% so far are satisfied or better.

That's actually a pretty good point.

The folks on this board seem to come off negative... but the fact remains that the minority of people that are really unsatisfied with these two toys are simply very vocal. Which makes since, because they're unhappy about it.

Most here loved the toy, but there's not really much to praise that hasn't been already said in all of the other 1/48 threads.

Kinda like the squeaky wheel gets the grease, the loudest complaining minority gets all the attention.

Which would leave those who don't have the toy to think that it's a much, much worse toy than it is.

Just something to keep in mind when you're reading bad reviews.

That's actually a pretty good point.

The folks on this board seem to come off negative... but the fact remains that the minority of people that are really unsatisfied with these two toys are simply very vocal.  Which makes since, because they're unhappy about it.

Most here loved the toy, but there's not really much to praise that hasn't been already said in all of the other 1/48 threads. 

Kinda like the squeaky wheel gets the grease, the loudest complaining minority gets all the attention.

Which would leave those who don't have the toy to think that it's a much, much worse toy than it is.

Just something to keep in mind when you're reading bad reviews.

We're in complete agreement here. That's the argument I would make in the discussion forums for Ultima Online when everyone would say that "everybody thinks this game sucks!" Or when people would visit a tech support forum and come to the conclusion that a product must suck if "this many" people are having problems. Happy people don't tend to drop by to post how happy they are. At least, not as often or as intensely as those who are pissed.

I had a feeling that this was the case with the Max and Milia (actually, just about every Yamato release). . . and I decided to test the theory with a poll.

(Edited out a reference to a possible future poll that might have skewed the results of said poll)

H

Edited by Hurin

I had a problem with the seat being crooked and the right leg landing gear wheel wobbles causing the wheel to stick to the gear and collapse when I push it plus the the NP-AR-01 armor does not allow the gunpod to stay on in both fighter mode and battriod mode.