HLJ question

After I order some stuff, I was asked to choose between shipping asap, wait for all to be available, and a third option which I forgot.

My question is, if I didn't choose anything, is my order completed? I left my orders like that for two months. :(

Edited by nhyone

Your options when having stuff shipped to you are:

1) SAL: Cheap shipping, but sometimes arrives on your deathbed

2) EMS: Expensive, but fast

3) Ship everything that can ship: If you have multiple items and most of them are available to ship, selecting this will have the stuff that can ship be shipped to you

4) Wait: They'll wait until everything is in stock, and then ship it to you

Note: If you have an item that's marked as a future release, and another that's ready to ship, they'll still ship the item that's ready to be shipped.

I got the confirmation email after I ordered.

It's when I check my current orders using the system that it gave me three options to choose. I didn't think much about it until now.

I don't know if my order wasn't processed, or because the item is too hot -- I ordered the Macross Figure Collection #2. :)

I don't know if my order wasn't processed, or because the item is too hot -- I ordered the Macross Figure Collection #2.

From the HLJ front page:

HobbyLink Japan is closed during Japan's "Golden Week," string of national holidays now through May 5. During this time you may place orders as usual, but order confirmations will be delayed and there will be no shipping. In addition, our Customer Service department is closed and mail will not be answered until we return to full service on May 6. Thanks for your patience!

How did my thread end up in this forum? Did I post it here? Sorry, mods!

HobbyLink Japan is closed during Japan's "Golden Week," string of national holidays now through May 5.

Oh yes, I know that.

Checking my email, I placed my orders in late March. I ordered the Macross Figure Collection part 1 and 2. Part 1 was due for April re-stock and part 2 was due for release in April. I forgot whether I chose to ship the items asap or wait-n-combine.

April came and went, so I went in to check my order status and there were three options in the order screen (ship asap, combine, and a third one).

What I find strange is that after I selected one of the options, I was not shown the three options again! This is why I wonder if my order was completed the first time round.

Anyway, I think late March was rather late to order these figures from HLJ.. just trying my luck. :lol: Seems like completed part 2 sets aren't very expensive (unlike part 1), so maybe next time I'll just wait for completed sets.

One thing on SAL: from what I see, it sucks for US buyers, but I'm in Singapore and SAL from HK and Japan takes 3 to 5 days to arrive! :lol:

nhyone:

If you ordered a buncha items that are currently not in stock, they will wait for all the items in that particular order (ie : all the items have the same order number) before they send it out as one shipment.....UNLESS you say otherwise. There's 3 options in "View open orders" at the bottom.

They are radio buttons

1st one is Send items as they become available, the next is update quantity and cancel all open orders

But unfortunately, i'm pretty new to HLJ myself and currently have 6 items in the same order in varying release dates pending. So we'll see what happens.

Since they no longer have that UPS deal, I don't order from them. I wonder why the contract went to crap............

Do I want to pay a little less and wait a month or order from somewhere in the States and get it in a week or less. I would rather just pay the couple bucks more so I get the damn thing before I pop out a few kids and don't have room for my toys...........

The email I got form HLJ the UPS was getting too expensive to ship by. When they did ship buy UPS the would wait for enought customers to order stuff then do large shippments. So if no US orders were being placed you would have to wait awhile before you could get your items.

The email I got form HLJ the UPS was getting too expensive to ship by. When they did ship buy UPS the would wait for enought customers to order stuff then do large shippments. So if no US orders were being placed you would have to wait awhile before you could get your items.

Intersesting!

Thanks!

I usually recieved my stuff in 5 to 7 days in the days of UPS.