Gundam 25th Anniversary Surprise

This is awesome.

The 0079 movies made the series much better.

I can only imagine how the Zeta Movies can turn out.

Zeta is my favorite!!

Rick Dias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so true. Personally I couldn't sit through the series of MSG but I really enjoy the dvd boxset of the movies. I liked the series for Zeta more but it still took up a lot of time and moved slow in parts. I'm sure the Zeta movies will allow a lot more people enjoy the series the way the MSG movies did for MSG.

From http://aeug.blogspot.com/ it seems that 1/3 of the first Zeta movie will be new animation with the rest being remastered footage.

June issue of Animage magazine has revealed additional information for the first Zeta movie.

Character Animation Director : Naoyuki Onda

Mechanical Animation Director : Morifumi Naka

Music : Shigeaki Saegusa

1/3 of the first movie will be new footage while old footage has been digitally remastered.

Below are the scans of Animage.

First Scan

Second Scan

1/3rd new animation is all I needed to know. Love Zeta, love the thought of new Zeta animation, and it justifies the movie purchase after the TV box set comes out.

Now if they could follow it up with a ZZ movie trilogy that repairs the first 20 episode story arc....

Yeah, I'd like to know exactly where that colony hit in 0083. Some tie-in would be nice to see. Maybe see one of the characters in the new footage.