VF-1B

turd

Hi ppl, happen to surf a couple of macross website when i stumbled upon VF-1B stats... its says it's a half-S model incorporating VF-1S head on VF-1A body... is there a difference between variants A/J/S body? :huh: Never saw any B variants on the TV series though... needs enlightenment on this area :p

Hi ppl, happen to surf a couple of macross website when i stumbled upon VF-1B stats... its says it's a half-S model incorporating VF-1S head on VF-1A body... is there a difference between variants A/J/S body? :huh: Never saw any B variants on the TV series though... needs enlightenment on this area :p

I'm sure somebody is going to post up Nanashi's site link. I do recall that the body types look the same, it's just the heads and avionics that differ between the models. I believe that when (if) you ever see a pic of a CF (brown valkyrie) with a VF-1S head, it's a VF-1B.

Hi ppl, happen to surf a couple of macross website when i stumbled upon VF-1B stats... its says it's a half-S model incorporating VF-1S head on VF-1A body... is there a difference between variants A/J/S body? :huh:  Never saw any B variants on the TV series though... needs enlightenment on this area :p

I'm sure somebody is going to post up Nanashi's site link. I do recall that the body types look the same, it's just the heads and avionics that differ between the models. I believe that when (if) you ever see a pic of a CF (brown valkyrie) with a VF-1S head, it's a VF-1B.

icic! *enlightened* thanks! remembered seeing hikaru operating VF-1J in CF colours but not a 1S though

I also had read about the VF-1B in Macross Compendium. However, if there are any differences in the bodies of a 1S and a 1A, it seems that they are almost non-existant. After thinking about it for a while, I decided to make a custom super VF-1B about two years ago. I decided that my VF-1B would be the color of most VF-1A's (cannon fodder) with a VF-1S head retrofit painted to match. Graham has posted my interpretation of the VF-1B in the customs section. Unfortunately, it's labeled as a Super VF-1S. :( I guess it's because many Macross fans either refuse to believe in the existance of the VF-1B or know nothing about it and therefore see it as a Cannon Fodder VF-1S. Oh well! :D

Rick

Graham has posted my interpretation of the VF-1B in the customs section. Unfortunately, it's labeled as a Super VF-1S. :( I guess it's because many Macross fans either refuse to believe in the existance of the VF-1B or know nothing about it and therefore see it as a Cannon Fodder VF-1S. Oh well! :D

Rick

Ah, I didn't realise it's supposed to be a VF-1B. I'll change the title next time I do an update.

Graham

wow, I made one of these and didn't even realize it. I needed the 1A head for my Low Viz, so I popped a leftover Jetfire head on the CF body.

Oh, and I believe there's other differences in the "bodies" of the -1S, -1J, and -1A variants that are not readily apparent.

I though the 1S had better armour and engines than the 1A

Hybridchild

I believe these are the not readily apparent from looking differences.

Research

Some mention

I noticed that the jack archer Valkyrie from robotech battle cry video game and episode 32 in macross had the vf-1b its a three laser headed configuration.The robotech superposeable toy or maybe its the VF-1R Jack Archer

VF-1B: (VF-1A version upgraded by the "Half-S" retrofit with overhauled avionics and S-type head unit)

Research link

The VF-1B is mentioned in This is Animation Special: Macross Plus. In episode #27 ("Force of Arms") we see what appears to be a standard VF-1A, refit with a large AWACS antenna; we have called this variant the VF-1E. The Japanese name for the VF-1E is the VEFR-1, but we found this moniker too cumbersome, and inconsistent with the normal naming scheme. The VF-1F is an invention of Peter's, for use in his fanfic The Will of Heaven. A version of the VF-1A with three lasers on the head, the extra two in mounts similar to that on the VF-1J, is seen in episode #32 ("Broken Heart"). The capacity to carry bombs is mentioned in This is Animation Special: Macross Plus. The GU-12 is based the RPG's entry, and that was probably based upon a picture of a VF-1J holding an unidentified gun in Macross: Perfect Memory

As the story goes, you play as Jack Archer, an original character created for the game, whose mission is to protect the cities of Earth from the Zentraedi. Archer was previously a mercenary who flew with and against Macross' Roy Fokker prior to the events of the series. Archer pilots a new Veritech Fighter called the VF-1B (also created solely for this game). It's a 40-foot tall humanoid robot (Battloid) that can also convert into a jet fighter and a "guardian" which is a combination of both the Battloid and jet. Battlecry's story has been written around Robotech's first series, The Macross Saga and has Archer now flying for the Robotech Defense Force.

ArcherSpecs nice!

VF-1A: Standard version. With one Rov-20 laser.

VF-1B: Standard VF-1A version that has been upgraded by the Half-S retrofit.

post-4-1083555475.jpg

Edited by geecie30

The VF-1B is mentioned in This is Animation Special: Macross Plus. In episode #27 ("Force of Arms") we see what appears to be a standard VF-1A, refit with a large AWACS antenna; we have called this variant the VF-1E.

A version of the VF-1A with three lasers on the head, the extra two in mounts similar to that on the VF-1J, is seen in episode #32 ("Broken Heart"). 

Archer pilots a new Veritech Fighter called the VF-1B (also created solely for this game).

Hey geecie30, thanks for all the research. I for one, need to look at episode #27 ( "Love Drifts Away") again to see this "refit" VF-1A. All I can remember seeing is the Orguss mecha with the VF-1A head. :blink:

In regards to the VF-1B, I think that many would disagree with most of these statements about it. It was discussed thoroughly on the old boards and most of us agreed that the frankenstein valkyrie witnessed in episode #32 was more than likely anime error courtesy of Anime Friend. This happens throughout several episodes in the Macross Series because many episodes were outsourced to different Anime studios in different countries to keep up with the demanding deadlines. That is why the quality of the anime changes from episode to episode. Off hand, I can recall an episode where either Max or Kakizaki have what appears to be small canisters (missiles?) on the tail wings that disappear in the very next scene. :blink:

Harmony Gold and Toynami claimed to have created a new "veritech" for the game "Battlecry" but all they did was take the credit if you can call it that, for a 20 year old mistake from a sub par studio. As for the name of the "veritech" that is "created solely for " the game, it's called a VF-1R not a VF-1B. All that seems to be known is the "half S" retrofit. This seems to leave the actual look of the VF-1B open to interpretation. I hope that this helps with the mystery of the VF-1B. :D

Rick

Edited by Valkfan

ummm, where did you find that picture??? It's not out of Macross-designworks is it?? It looks rather Fan-made. <_< Most of your information looks like it was intended for Robotech, which has nothing to do with Macross.

The VF-1B is never shown in the animation. and besides, it has a full-S head on it.

I gather the information from this website is purely fan-derived.... a "VF-1E"???? sorry, it was never called anything but the VEFR-1 "Funny Chineese" Valkyrie.

the VF-1R (at least as it is classified here) is nothing more than an animation error. Any and all data is purely Robotech nonsense and has no base in the canon Macross world. There *is* a VF-1R kai which is seen in the Macross Super-CD games, but even that is not a part of the canon universe (although not official, it is widely considered to be a part of the Macross II universe)

The picture you see of the VF-1J holding the strange gunpod was a prototype picture and not official. That was before Kawamori finalized the Howard GU-11 gunpod design.

Edited by Skull Leader

Here she is! I'm not sure that is is prudent to give less armourment to more junior pilots.It seems to me that if your in war you need the best equipment.Thats what the vf-1d is for right?its like giving someone a butter knife to fight because the soldier is a corporal while giving the master sergeant gets the bb gun and the captain gets the pistol.In head on battles they should have all the state of the art enhancements they can muster!

post-4-1083608977.jpg

Edited by geecie30

Oh, and I believe there's other differences in the "bodies" of the -1S, -1J, and -1A variants that are not readily apparent.

I though the 1S had better armour and engines than the 1A

Hybridchild

I believe these are the not readily apparent from looking differences.

Yeah i know i wasnt saying you where wrong i was just saying what exactly i heard those differances where

Hybridcchild

Here is my little ms paint version,Is it ok to design your own valkyries or not? It doesn't just come out at me its like I need time to see what these Amagamations look like.Are we purists?

post-4-1083637873_thumb.jpg

Edited by geecie30

I agree with you EXO. Those pictures are just alterations (Photoshop?) of an existing image. As a matter of fact, that valkyrie posing in the image is the same one we've seen for over 20 years on toy boxes, Macross ads, and more recently on the SDF DVD's. It is a television style valkyrie with an altered image of the VF-1A head. Here is the same image reprinted with different alterations over the years but the "VF-1B" in the pictures above is definitely original. :D

post-4-1083614175.jpg

Edited by Valkfan