Quick ? on DYRL DVD

REMINATOR

:):) Okay, I need to see this movie. As I headed on Ebay, I saw 2 cover on DYRL, the regular one and the one with Minmay Singing. And if I'm not mistakenly, I believe there was a third one with the 1J on the cover.

The question is, are all they the same or different, meaning cut, uncut version, threatrical version, etc. Also, or there any English dialog?

Thanks.

:)  :) Okay, I need to see this movie.  As I headed on Ebay, I saw 2 cover on DYRL, the regular one and the one with Minmay Singing.  And if I'm not mistakenly, I believe there was a third one with the 1J on the cover.

The question is, are all they the same or different, meaning cut, uncut version, threatrical version, etc.  Also, or there any English dialog?

Thanks.

There are three different covers, two versions on DVD.

1) Minmay and Hikaru Floating (Orange Cover)

2) Minmay Singing

3) Minmay and Hikaru Floating (Pinkish/Red Cover) - Labeled as FX Macross Movie Perfect Edition

DVDs 1 and 2 are ripped from the original DYRL laserdisc- video quality is good. Can't remember if it is full screen or letterbox. Subs are very good on this one.

DVD 3 is ripped from the DYRL R2 DVD with anamorphic, widescreen video quality. Subs are decent but not good as DVD 1 & 2 versions.

Also, there is no english dialog version.

I'd recommend DVD #3.

-Kevin

Edited by VALKYRIE-EXCHANGE.COM

Hey Kevin, you didn't mention that they carry it at the Valkyrie-Exchange.com ;) where I got mine.:p

I recommend #3 as well. The subs are not as good but the picture quality is excellent.

And yes... you need to see this movie. Over and over again.

And if there anyone else in this forum that haven't seen it... then you need a good swift kick in the gonads. If you're a girl, then you need a good spanking... (regardless whether you seen it or not.) :lol:

:):) Cool, thanks Kevin. I just check your website and fortunately you guy still have the perfect edition.

So, I have 2 questions:

1 - Do all 3 DYRL DVD cover have the same extra or different? I tend to lean with the one that give the most extras.

2 - Where are you guy locate, U.S?

The one with the 1J sounds like it could be one of the VHS versions with horrible English dubbing.

Like everyone else, I recommend #3. Regarding extras, at least some of the releases have extended end titles with Minmay singing "Angel Paints". #3 has this.

:):) Cool, thanks Kevin. I just check your website and fortunately you guy still have the perfect edition.

So, I have 2 questions:

1 - Do all 3 DYRL DVD cover have the same extra or different? I tend to lean with the one that give the most extras.

2 - Where are you guy locate, U.S?

I don't recall any of the DVDs have any extras on them... The thing to point out is that the FX Perfect Edition is out of print again. No word on when more is being produced but I have a good stash of them in stock.

I'm located north of Los Angeles, CA.

-Kevin

PS- Exo, I would have pimped VE but I figured it would be good to have an unbiased reply. :D

If you want extras, get the Flashback 2012 and the Anniversary disks. Well not true extras if you pay for them, but those disks make great companion to DYRL and the original series. I got mine from Kevin also... :p

Okay Kevin, hope you sent out that baby quick, cause I need to see it to catch with everyone 

Oh. you're just trying to avoid getting a swift kick to the gonads... I recommend that too. It's quite refreshing... like a system reboot! :D

Edited by >EXO<

If you want extras, get the Flashback 2012 and the Anniversary disks.  Well not true extras if you pay for them, but those disks make great companion to DYRL and the original series.  I got mine from Kevin also... :p

I'd just like to add, to get the best Macross experience watch in this order:

(1) Familiarize yourself with SDF TV, i.e. background, story, relationships, etc.

(2) Watch DYRL (made for Macross fans, not as good if watched standalone)

(3) Watch the last 5-10 minutes of Fashback 2012 for a proper ending

That's the best it gets. :)

• 4 weeks later...