VFA-6H "Scott Bernard" MPC has been delayed

This probably belongs in the pinned topic above.

That said, I am pretty pissed about this...Its not like Toynami had the best reputation going into this project...a year of delays can't be helping (unless they are really making sure the final product is worth $80.00)

Not much surprises me from Toynami. Although product delays are a common thing these days, be it Yamato or Toynami.

What's this? A torch? And a pitchfork??? Oh dear lord, what ever did you mean for me to do with these??? :unsure:

(Sam, you might want to run before they get any ideas...I'll try to distract them.) :D

Seriously, though, while this is bad news, I would rather they get a product out late and do it right than to have them rush out shoddy product but meet the deadline.

As for the location of the thread, I figured it was news enough to get its own thread (I didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle with the 34 other pages already placed in that thread). If the powers that be wish to remove it, I will repost in the pinned thread.

Seriously now, you KNOW that Toynami's 'delays' are essentially just a hype device, right? They want to get people all worked up into a frenzy with their 'lets just wait a liiiiiiitle bit longer...' game and then release the product right at the line between super-hyped and I-don't-even-frakking-want-it-anymore.

The sad thing is that when they do finally stop dangling the carrot it's all rotten and nasty and makes you sick. :p

Seriously now, you KNOW that Toynami's 'delays' are essentially just a hype device, right? They want to get people all worked up into a frenzy with their 'lets just wait a liiiiiiitle bit longer...' game and then release the product right at the line between super-hyped and I-don't-even-frakking-want-it-anymore.

The sad thing is that when they do finally stop dangling the carrot it's all rotten and nasty and makes you sick. :p

I don't claim to be privy to the decision making process of Toynami so I don't claim to know the answer to my question. However, if what you say is true, why would they delay the release of the YF-1R until after Christmas? If your theory is true, how do you explain that Toynami delayed the release of the item until after the busiest shopping days of the year? Wouldn't it be better to do so before Christmas?

Delays are not always tactical plans by companies... for all we know there is a problem with the toy they just not discovered, there might be a strike at the production plant or with the drivers, there could be an issue with the packaging that they want to change (most of the time companies just slap a sticker over the thing they want to change anyway) or any other number of strange and unusual things.

Releasing collectable toys seems to be a bit of a counter-logic process for most companies. There is no pattern or planning that can be applied as these things are not mass market driven. There is no pending TV and print ad campaign that is moving forward or any lucrative short time tie-ins to be had. The toys just come when they come it seems. Sometimes if you are not in a rush to get something made you can save some money at the production point... that might be what they are doing so they can eek out another 7 to 10 cent profit on their already high margin they might make on this toy.

Plus from what I can tell outside of one or two crazies like myself most people are standing with the opinion of: "I'll buy it months after it comes out and gets discounted" so it's not like it being delayed another month is any skin of their noses. For all we know Toynami read some of these responses in past threads here and elsewhere of people being "Willy Price Watcher" rather than "Gus Gotta Buy it Now!'s" and decided to make us all sweat another month to creep up people's drug addiction cravings and cause some of those waiters to jump the fence and buy.

Seriously now, you KNOW that Toynami's 'delays' are essentially just a hype device, right?  They want to get people all worked up into a frenzy with their 'lets just wait a liiiiiiitle bit longer...' game and then release the product right at the line between super-hyped and I-don't-even-frakking-want-it-anymore.

The sad thing is that when they do finally stop dangling the carrot it's all rotten and nasty and makes you sick.  :p

I don't claim to be privy to the decision making process of Toynami so I don't claim to know the answer to my question. However, if what you say is true, why would they delay the release of the YF-1R until after Christmas? If your theory is true, how do you explain that Toynami delayed the release of the item until after the busiest shopping days of the year? Wouldn't it be better to do so before Christmas?

I don't think Christmas is really a factor in the realm of fanboys and overpriced toys.

I worked myself into a frenzy when the MPC rick got delayed a couple of years ago. Toynami pissed me off so bad that I condemed every thing robotech and became a Macross fan. :) Needless to say, I'm not suprised at all about the delay. In a way it's sort of expected.

What's this?  A torch?  And a pitchfork??? Oh dear lord, what ever did you mean for me to do with these??? :unsure:

(Sam, you might want to run before they get any ideas...I'll try to distract them.) :D

LOL

, they wouldn't do that, not to us.... :unsure:

I hope....

...maybe i should leave...

*runs out door!* :o

Man, who really knows whats the go, but I do know that I have a legioss model to build, that IS transformable, which I WILL do, but hey, if I got a toy that is practically the same and wont scratch off my hard work on the paintjob from moving the joins, Im gonna call dibs on getting one at a decent price....

These vf1s get too much attention..... B))

heheheheheheh

BRING ON THE CYCLONES!! :D

Sam