Almost there...

Fort Max

Hi guys,

I've been posting here for a bit and I was saying that the 1/48 Millia would probabaly be my first Valkyrie once I got paid for my new job.

Well I just got paid but before I ordered it I went browsing on ebay and came up with this.

I wanted one o' these even more then the Millia so I bid and realised shortly after that the auction finished while I was at work :(

I felt for sure that I would be out bid as I'd only put in $75 and so I let it go from my mind, needless to say I was overjoyed when I switched my screen on to see it sitting under the "items won" banner :D

Now I just wonder how long it'll be untill I can get my hands on the fantastic Konig monster to acompany it :rolleyes:

In the meantime, "come on postie" :lol:

Fort Max

I paid 90 bucks for mine last year. Glad I did, because it's the only -19 I have other than Basara's Bandai VF-19. I like it just fine, yeah the sculpt is chunky, but it's something at least. That, and highly durable. It's dived off my desk twice and still kicking.

but the fast pack version is comming out like next week :p?

and itlle be the same price

Don't we wish :rolleyes:

my fist yamato also! fort max your here too? cool!!! glad to see more tfw members here. Hey fort max you should really try to get a 1`/48 as well. I got a couple releases of yamato valks and only 1 1.48 but i can say its thee BEST~ qwith your 19, watch out for the ugly ass inevitable paint scratches on the diecast portions of the leg...kind of bad since the wing mounts are metal and rub against the legs a lot...it doesnt help that the mounts have weak ratchets.

Whoa, the seller sent it out today and I can safely say that he (stealth639) is the best ebay trader I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

He has e-mailed no less then three times to confirm recepit of payment/shipment of the valk/and to provide a scan of the EMS receipt respectively.

At the rate he works at, I might even have it before the end of the week :D

I'll post my feelings on it when I've had some quality time with it :p

Finally, thanks guys for your positive comments. I was half expecting to get a torrent of "that toy suXXors" messages but you've been great. :)

Shin Densetsu, Yeah I hang out here now as well but TFW is still my home on the net.

Fort Max

I just got it this morning in about two days from Asia, surely that can't be bad going :p

It's a nice toy, I was surprised by how big is it and it's weight, however it is a little floppy and awkward looking and it really needs some locking joints to keep both the upper and lower torsos in place.

Everytime I try to move the arms it gets taller :lol:

But as it was Yamatos first stab at the concept, I'll forgive the falws and I eagerly await the newer stuff.

Fort Max

Congrats on your first valk,, this 19 is the best of them 3 made by Yamato. It's the version that fix near all the 19's problems. It's a great choice for your first valk since it's pretty durable. But on the side note the shipping is pretty high, that's close to 60% of the cost of the toy. <_< You really have to watch out for those shipping prices when biding on ebay :angry:

I just got it this morning in about two days from Asia, surely that can't be bad going :p

It's a nice toy, I was surprised by how big is it and it's weight, however it is a little floppy and awkward looking and it really needs some locking joints to keep both the upper and lower torsos in place.

Everytime I try to move the arms it gets taller :lol:

But as it was Yamatos first stab at the concept, I'll forgive the falws and I eagerly await the newer stuff.

Fort Max

well... maybe all those rants about the toys shortcomings aren't ENTIRELY untrue... but you gotta' admit, it's got charm. (which is hard to come by in a robot)

hey fortmax. as a resident MWer and 2005 dude i can say for certain you NEED a 1/48 now. none fo the flaws like joint looseness and loose as hell hips and landing gear are present on the 1.48 not to mention its perfect variable. sure it lacks some diecast but its the BEST valk toy. I got my MPCs, my reissue, and 1`/48 in apartment with jhetgire and 1/60 at home. I can say for certain I enjoy my 1/48 a lot more AND play with it MORE than the rest. trust me dude its THAT much better. the 1/60 i dont play with its too loose and reminds me of broken in g1 transformers. THAT loose.

no its not a bad copy everyones is like this. So yea dude if you got the money(assuming you do since u scored all them proto energon toys on ebay and gave us the scoop on them :D ) then get the 1/48. you'll probably end up just displaying your 1/60 and playing way more with the 1./48 like i did.

Perhaps that post came across the wrong way. I wasn't dissapointed with it, quite the opposite in fact. It's a great looking toy and has as Dr Clay pointed out, Charm which is unusual in most of the modern diecast robot toys.

As I said it has it's flaws but It was Yamatos early attempt so I'm not going to hate on it for them.

Shin Densetsu, don't worry mate I have every intent of getting a 1/48 fairly soon but not this month as I only just got paid for the first time in my new job and the money's gotta last Y'know :D

Fort Max (putting a fiver aside for the Koenig)

well... maybe all those rants about the toys shortcomings aren't ENTIRELY untrue... but you gotta' admit, it's got charm. (which is hard to come by in a robot)

Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charmin' motherf-n' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

Personality goes a long way. ;)