Fatty Tetsujin28GO is coming to SOC land!

Hm, I don't know the exact measurements, but estimating from the turntable size (which is usually around 8" in diameter) he could be six to seven inches tall. With his body mass, he is easily larger/fatter than the GX07 Mazinger.

Edited by Beware of Blast

i wish bandai will make voltes v and patlabor soc

word! It's not right that I have my Mazingers and not a Voltes V. I need that, the Daimos and the Grendizer to relive my happy childhood in the Philippines... :D

Hey BoB, wanna have a little contest between the two of us to see who gets it first? :p

This is such great news, I've been pining for a SOC T-28 for a few years now. I've got the Soft Garage version, which has been a very suitable substitute, but nothing quite matches the artistic beauty of a true SOC. Wheee! B))

Ah, patience fellas, if SOC has Combattler V, Voltes V is sure to come. Along with the rest of Tadao Nagahama's work... Daimos and Daltanias.

From the start, I was one of them who thought SOC will never make a Tetsujin28. But since it finally happenned, what's to stop his sleek 80's version from being made? B))

Eriku, I knew this would be great new for you. Your SOC version is finally a reality!

Btw, I think SOC Fatty will have more articulation over the old Soft Garage, Marmitt and Medicom versions. If my eyes don't deceive me, his insteps have articulation. I also think he will be given a waist joint. Hope this time, his head can turn too! B))

Edited by Beware of Blast

Btw, I think SOC Fatty will have more articulation over the old Soft Garage, Marmitt and Medicom versions. If my eyes don't deceive me, his insteps have articulation. I also think he will be given a waist joint. Hope this time, his head can turn too! B))

Yeah, he definately seems to have more articualtion. I like how the shoulders are done to allow his arms to come closer to the sides. I think you're right about the waist joint, and Bandai should be able to work their magic to come up with a movable T-28 head. I wonder if they will do a 'retro black and white' version of Fatty?

I don't have anymore news about the live-action movie... if this recent production set picture below is any indication of the color, I'd say retro. But then again, that kinda look just like the prototype picture above - don't know if this is good or bad. :lol:

post-26-1082825977.jpg

Hm, I dunno, it's funny that many people would see Fatty Tetsujin28 and his bros as super robots, but I see him more as a mecha. Although the differences are as blurred as compared to Mazinger Z sometimes, if any of you have seen any of the earlier Tetsujin28 anime or Gigantor cartoon, he's more mecha than a super robot. In fact, if Go Nagai's Mazinger Z is considered as the father of super robots, I dare say Tetsujin28 is the father of mechas.

But SOC is becoming a funny toy line - after the inclusion of Dancougar and the Eva units you never know. I'd say if it is popular with the Japanese, anything is possible when it comes to Bandai. Except of course for Macross. Cuz Yamato PWNED!!! them. :D

But SOC is becoming a funny toy line - after the inclusion of Dancougar and the Eva units you never know. I'd say if it is popular with the Japanese, anything is possible when it comes to Bandai. Except of course for Macross. Cuz Yamato PWNED!!! them. :D

ditto

Hm, I dunno, it's funny that many people would see Fatty Tetsujin28 and his bros as super robots, but I see him more as a mecha. Although the differences are as blurred as compared to Mazinger Z sometimes, if any of you have seen any of the earlier Tetsujin28 anime or Gigantor cartoon, he's more mecha than a super robot. In fact, if Go Nagai's Mazinger Z is considered as the father of super robots, I dare say Tetsujin28 is the father of mechas.

You know Bob I use to think that Tetsujin-28 is a super robot. IMO he`s the father of ALL anime fighting robots from super to real but my friends argue that Mazinger-Z is the father of anime fighting robots and I`m the only one that think that way.

Even Go Nagai is a huge fan of Tetsujin-28, it was one of the inspiration for Mazinger-Z

I`m thinking that I might get the SOC, even if I like the 80`s version.

Q. I would really love how many Tetsujin-28 fans here in MW ?

i wish bandai will make voltes v and patlabor soc

word! It's not right that I have my Mazingers and not a Voltes V. I need that, the Daimos and the Grendizer to relive my happy childhood in the Philippines... :D

Ain't that the truth... but the SOC line ain't gonna end anytime soon. In due time... but this new guy is a welcome addition imho! ;)

You know Bob I use to think that Tetsujin-28 is a super robot.  IMO he`s the father of ALL anime fighting robots from super to real but my friends argue that Mazinger-Z is the father of anime fighting robots and I`m the only one that think that way. 

Even Go Nagai is a huge fan of Tetsujin-28, it was one of the inspiration  for Mazinger-Z

I`m thinking that I might get the SOC, even if I like the 80`s version.

Q. I would really love how many Tetsujin-28 fans here in MW ?

Haha, ya know, that kind of reminds me of some dicussions I had with a friend, a little different, but all the same - Is Tetsujin28 mecha or super robot, if Mazinger Z is super robot, how is T28 mecha? :lol:

The thing is, I've always felt that the original T28 story revolves around Shotaro and the rest of the cast, rather than T28 himself. He only comes in whenever it's his cue. And yet, he is never the final answer to the shows' problems, unlike most super robot shows. Although he's intrumental in winning the fights, he's more like a supporting character that stole the show in the end. This formula has always been evident in Yokoyama's anime - even in Giant Robo The Animation, where Yokoyama was least involved. Kinda like Patlabor or Macross but not quite.

This is how I see T28 as a mecha and find him totally different from Go Nagai's super robots. The parts where we might see T28 as a super robot, are his fights with the other robots but that comes on much in the later chapters. Even so, his lack of beam weapons and total dependence on Shotaro's commands alone makes him a mecha. Nothing more. But that's just my personal takeaway of Fatty T28.

You're right about Fatty being the father of ALL anime fighting robots though - from super to real. :)

As for how T28 fans in MW, not sure. But I think we're all here in this thread already. :lol:

Btw, I have heard that Go Nagai was a T28 fan before too but nothing concrete. You're the second person I'm hearing it.

Btw, I have heard that Go Nagai was a T28 fan before too but nothing concrete. You're the second person I'm hearing it.

Here`s the answer but sad news too from

http://aeug.blogspot.com/2004_04_01_aeug_archive.html

Here`s the artical :

Thursday, April 15, 2004

Tetsujin 28 creator dies

While not explicitly Gundam-related news, I thought it'd be appropriate to mention here since we've covered Imagawa's new Tetsujin 28 series several times of late.

It's being reported by Japanese news sources such as Yomiuri On-line and Sankei Web that mangaka Mitsuteru Yokoyama died on April 15 at about 10:30 pm at a Tokyo hospital as a result of serious burns he suffered in a fire at his home. Yokoyama's two younger sisters were also injured. Police say that since an ashtray was at Yokoyama's bedside, carelessness with a cigerette was potentially the cause of the fire.

Yokoyama was the creator of popular manga like Tetsujin 28, Giant Robo, Babel II, and Sally The Witch. He was 69 years old. Fellow mangaka Go Nagai expressed shock at the news as well as his appreciation for Tetsujin 28, which was a childhood favorite. ¶ 2:24 PM

Tuesday, April

We need a Soul Of Reality line to feature, Votoms, Macross, Gundam, Orguss, Dorvack, Mospeada, Megazone and all other classic real robot designs.  B))

I second that we really need a 'Soul Of Reality' line from Bandai, just leave out Gundam. There's too many Gundam toy lines in existence already.

And Yamatos' got Votoms covered with the upcoming 1/12 scale toy :D

Let Bandai give other Real Robots some love. I'd love to see the following real robots included in an 'SoR' toy line: -

Orguss.

Dorvack.

Dragonar.

Metal Skin Panic

Bubble Gum Crisis.

Megazone 23.

Gasaraki.

Blue Gender

Patlabor.

Graham

A BGC SOC Line would be too much for me... my head will explode and I will be the epicenter of California's killer quake...

But I'm willing to take the chance... :D

Add: :o

Gasaraki and Metal Skin Panic would cause a slightly less harmful earthquake.

A magnitude of 7.3

Edited by >EXO<

A BGC SOC Line would be too much for me... my head will explode and I will be the epicenter of California's killer quake...

I've put mine on the back-burner for now...one of these days i'll finish it off though...it's sooooooo close