Zjentohlauedy Ship Sizes

Hm. I thought light transports were smaller than that. Looks like they need one entire flagship bay just to launch one.

250 meters are their length.... one could speculate that the larger transport ship (LST) could also dock light transports inside-for personnel/mecha units transfer.

Also see: http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat...sport_ship.html

Macross was around 1200 meters right?

Movie version was 1200 exactly from what I remember, the TV version was slightly longer.

The refitted Macross ("movie version") was approximately 1200 meters in length, while the as rebuild ("TV version") was 1210 meters in length.

What's the reason for the shorter length? Shorter boom lengths?

Nanashi, will you be releasing official stats for the SDF-1? And are you going to include a master ship chart with other ships (UN SPacy, Marduk, Supervision Army, etc...) on it?

You have to think of volume. The average football stadium can fit 50,000 people. Even with leaving enough space for all the systems, each "leg" section still has enough space to fit about 4 stadiums.

One question that I've always had is where the extra 10 meters in length come from. Every Macross book that I own only seems to mention that the SDF-1 is an even 1200 meters.

What's the reason for the shorter length? Shorter boom lengths?

Nanashi, will you be releasing official stats for the SDF-1? And are you going to include a master ship chart with other ships (UN SPacy, Marduk, Supervision Army, etc...) on it?

I will compare the different versions of the Macross soon.

Yes there will be other ship charts. I will probably release them seperately for each Government/Affiliation, then I may try to but one together that compares all ships.

I don't know why, but doesn't it seem a bit small to have a city of 50,000 in it?  I'm just making an observation.  I had that thought in my head for years, ever since I first saw the show.

There was enough room.... multi-level structures are the key-with the gravity control system allows vehicles and even people to be live and operated on the overhead-inverted. This can be seen in the movie.

http://nanashi.macrossmecha.info/resrc/cat...-schematic.html

Edited by Nanashi

Ei. Robotech sizes.

According to the RPG book for the Zent the American versions are a little bigger. Not that I trust american sources when it comes to anime, anyway :p

yeah there are plenty of mistakes on that site...

You have to think of volume. The average football stadium can fit 50,000 people. Even with leaving enough space for all the systems, each "leg" section still has enough space to fit about 4 stadiums.

One question that I've always had is where the extra 10 meters in length come from. Every Macross book that I own only seems to mention that the SDF-1 is an even 1200 meters.

Well, people can't live comfortably in a football stadium for months though.

Seriously, if you stack em up in houses on multi levels sure, you could pack 50,000 people into a 1km long ship.

But thats only if you pack the living quarters like multylayered sardine cans. In the TV show, we have hospitals, open parks, concert stadiums, movie studios and even a freakin valkyrie patrolled military base all stuffed in?!?!? Watch the Max vs Miria fight inside the ship, the houses weren't layered on top of each other.

Well, people can't live comfortably in a football stadium for months though.

Seriously, if you stack em up in houses on multi levels sure, you could pack 50,000 people into a 1km long ship.

But thats only if you pack the living quarters like multylayered sardine cans. In the TV show, we have hospitals, open parks, concert stadiums, movie studios and even a freakin valkyrie patrolled military base all stuffed in?!?!? Watch the Max vs Miria fight inside the ship, the houses weren't layered on top of each other.

I wonder how many people live in a 1km area in some of the most crowded cities in the world?

Even that's not a fair comparison. How many people could live in the area of about 8 football stadiums? That's actually quite a fair amount of space, right there. When you consider how people often live in Japan, which is not known for excessive amounts of surplus space, it really does not seem like all that much of a stretch to me.

I would assume that the tv version of Macross city had it on multiple levels, each levelalmost completely split off from the rest, seperated by each levels ceiling and floor. Of course, I consider the movie version to be the more accurate depiction.

Edited by Radd

some one find the specs for a tokyo living complex, a tight one in hk will be:

500m*100m*100m complex living (50~floors, 25 flats per floor, 4 person per flat) =5000person per that... i dun even know if the sides of the building is actually 100m long... but then again we dun havbe park and things included in that...

Watch the Max vs Miria fight inside the ship, the houses weren't layered on top of each other.

Ummm... yes they were. Watch when Millia takes off vertically, you can see th other levels above them (also on page 35 of Perfect Memory).

Given the realism of the arrangement in the TV series is dubious at best. But the set up in DYRL is much more plausible.

Let's assume the "living space" is 300m long x 100m wide x 200m high*. That gives us roughly 6 million cubic meters. Already that is 120 cubic meters per person. Of course, if the image Nanashi provided is considered correct, alot of the that 200m height is empty space. So let's assume then there is roughly 10 sub-levels at 3 meters high each below the "main level". That takes up about 900,000 cubic meters, with each level being 30,000 square meters, or 300,000 square meters of floor space for 50,000 people= 6 square meters per person. That's not large, but it's not a bad amount of living space, considering their situation. That's assuming there are 10 levels of living space BELOW the main street level. But there are also high rises of more space as well.

Of course, if we had actual dimensions for thes city space this would be easier, but it's not a bad estimate at all.

As to the stadium analogy, remember that packing 50,000 people in a stadium means only putting them in seats for the viewing area. The total area of the stadium, both below the seats as well as the large empty cone of space above provides an amazingly large amount of unused space.

I couldn't find an exact seating amount for our needs, so I'll go with Giants Stadium:

Seating: 80,000 (roughly)

Size: 64,500,000 cubic square feet (756’ long x 592’ wide x 144' high)

That gives us a little over 800 cubic feet per person. Once again, not terribly large, but not uncomfortable either, roughly about the size of a college dorm room.

*guestimates based on known dimensions and various images. Height determined by the overal width of an ARMD compared next to the "leg" of the SDF-1.

Edited by the white drew carey

Watching DYRL

There are cars going upside down in a scene after Hikaru and Minmey are found :huh:

It looks like they squeeze buildings in a lot more than they did on the serie, there are building over one another in DYRL