Mylene Valkyrie

Wheels

Hey guys, & gals,

I just bought myself a Bandai 1/144 Macross 7 Mylene Valkyrie (VF-11 MAXL Kai) model, and I can follow the Japanese building instructions just fine :) , but I'm completely stumped on the Color Guide. :huh:

Soooo, I thought that I would call apon the resources of Macross World, to see if anybody can translate this little section or can post a link with it already translated.

Here's the link to view the Color Guide; Color Guide

Thanks guys! :D

Here's how I painted mine, because there's few things I hate more than mixes (like companies who only give info for ONE brand of paint--2 parts this, 3 parts this, 1 part that---when another brand of paint has the EXACT color you need).

Absolutely nothing on Earth could give a more perfect match to the pink than Testor's "Hot Magenta" right out of the bottle. Anyone who's painted a Mylene valk will agree with me.

There's not many yellows out there, I used Insignia yellow, since that is what planes almost always use.

Russian interior green for the cockpit overall.

Gunship grey for the darker grey accents.

And I don't really recall any other colors, though Dark Gull grey is always good for cockpit details.

Thanks for the info, David! :D

That leaves 5 more colors that I need, those are;

1) dark blue that you see on the nose of the fighter;

2) light blue of the triangle part on top the back of the head of the battriod;

3) the bluish color of the speakers on the open chest;

4) the tan brown color on the hips, the closed air intake vents of the battroid;

5) and the darker yellow color of the lightning bolt, the stupid sticker has only the same color for both bolts?! :angry:

Oh, and what colors does Mylene have for her flight suit?

That's pretty much it. I guess I can try to match up these colors by bringing the sticker sheet and color instructions to the paint or hobby stores.

Thanks again for any help! :)

For all those, I used ultra-generic colors. Literally "light blue" and "dark blue" from Testors, for example. But I left the chest closed, so didn't paint the speakers.

::goes gets M7 animation book::

Flight suit is orangey-red, (though on TV it looks quite orange to me not far off from intl/safety orange, while the book is decidedly on the red side) with white collar/shoulders/gloves/boots. Small details on white parts are medium blue, except for the orange trapezoid one on the chest. Non-clear parts of helmet match the overall suit color. (You're actually going to try to paint this in 1/144? Have fun) :)

Overall remember, this is a custom-painted girly-plane, it's not going to have FS matches for any of it. :)

Edited by David Hingtgen

Thanks again David, you've been a great help! B))

Well, I'm actually be going to paint just the helmet and...well the upper body shown. Nothing fancy, just soild colors to give some color. Can't wait to tackle such a miclone piece! :p:lol:

I have a request for you. Since you mentioned that you have the M7 animation book, I was wondering if you can scan a pic of Mylene in her flight suit, please? I've been scouring the net for a pic of one but all I found was just a pic of her shoulders up :huh: . If you can do that I'd be very greatful. :D

FS? Forgive my naivety, I'm not quite sure what you said here.

Thank-you David, and I'll post pics of the wee pilot and others when I'm done. :D

:blink: Oh, that's okay David.

I just found one! Finally! :rolleyes:

But thanks anyway, if you're gonna scan that for me. :D

Man, I didn't realize how hard that was. <_<

But I'm good now. :)

I don't have a scanner, sorry. And as I said, it differs from what the final "actually on TV" colors are. I would go with a really "medium" orange. Honestly, I think it's supposed to be "goes well with her pink hair" orange. :)

But here's the best pic I could find online:

(And you'll note the color details are quite different from what I described from the "official" drawing)

Edited by David Hingtgen

Yep! That's the same pic that I found. :D

Now I already decided what colors to use, an orange that best goes with the pink color of her hair(which would be personal preference ;) ) as well as the other colors that's in the book.

But looking at this pic, I'm not sure which colors to use for her gloves and helmet. According to the book, her gloves are white. But what about her helmet? You didn't specify what color it is. And I think I'll be going with the offical TV colors, so could you tell me what color her helmet is.

Gees, so much hassle for such a minute thing :rolleyes: . But I'm glad for all your help. :)

According to the book, the helmet is the same orange as the suit. You might want to send a PM off to Keith, MW's resident M7 expert. He could probably tell you off the top of his head. BTW, the pic above looks a lot more "right" to me than the book. I'm wondering if the white parts in the book were simply "uncolored" parts of the sketch. (it is not a "final" sketch, and the image above is directly from the tv series' commericial break interstitials)

Edited by David Hingtgen

A: white

B: pink

C: bright yellow?

D: netral grey + a little purple

E: white(50%) + light blue(50%)

F: white + a little yellow

G: cobalt blue

H: white(50%) + light grey(50%)

only not so sure about C:

have fun, and post pics!

Edited by Eternal_D

According to the book, the helmet is the same orange as the suit. You might want to send a PM off to Keith, MW's resident M7 expert. He could probably tell you off the top of his head. BTW, the pic above looks a lot more "right" to me than the book. I'm wondering if the white parts in the book were simply "uncolored" parts of the sketch. (it is not a "final" sketch, and the image above is directly from the tv series' commericial break interstitials)

Hmmm....v_v

Well I definatly want it to be show accurate colors. So I'll use the pic. Thanks! ^_^

Sweet deal, Eternal_D! :D

What about the script above the color guide :huh: ? It seems, according to the instructions, to be further painting or....WHAT THE!@ :blink:

Ohhhh. It's the description of the various parts of the Valkyrie. :rolleyes:

Well, with that list you gave, coupled with David's color experience/suggestions, plus the box art and actual model pics...."I feel the need. The need", to get started! B))

Awesome guys!! Thanks a billion! And oh boy am I gonna post pics! ;):lol:

Mylene's valk is possibly one of the worst blasphemies macross 7 brought into the macross universe along with the resto of clown force, so why not paint it with some decent colors and try to alter the basic design into something not that sh.ty?? Surely it can be done without much problem! Just my 0.2 cents

Edited by macplus

Mylene's valk is possibly one of the worst blasphemies macross 7 brought into the macross universe along with the resto of clown force, so why not paint it with some decent colors and try to alter the basic design into something not that sh.ty?? Surely it can be done without much problem! Just my 0.2 cents

I actually only just watched the first 4 eps. so in my eyes the female Valkyrie is strikingly different and unique, but as for the rest of the clown force, I'm not quite sure what you mean? I never got a chance the watch any more.

As for changing the colors or alter the basic design, I wasn't much of an artist to come up with a different color scheme on my own, and I'm not looking to kit bash my first Valk model.

For the lack of bobbies in Mylene the Valkyrie had to compensate.. <_<

Well, ahem...she was just in her early teens as I understand. Still more than enough time for her to, um...develop as she matures.

Personally, I really like the delta variation of the VF-11 design.. but breasts? Really, there is such a thing as going too far. The custom design and paint I can understand... I can even kind of understand the face thing.. but arbitrarily adding two mounds on the fuselage that serve as nothing more than added drag in fighter mode makes me go :blink:

A: white

B: pink

C: bright yellow?

D: netral grey + a little purple

E: white(50%) + light blue(50%)

F: white + a little yellow

G: cobalt blue

H: white(50%) + light grey(50%)

So the two characters after purple meant a little! Yes! I've been looking all over the net just to translate those two characters!

For those of you who needs to translate GUnze colors hope this link helps. http://www.apc.net/mechworks/colorguide.html

So the two characters after purple meant a little! Yes! I've been looking all over the net just to translate those two characters!

For those of you who needs to translate GUnze colors hope this link helps. http://www.apc.net/mechworks/colorguide.html

Neutral grey plus a little purple? That's pretty *darn* close to Dark Ghost Grey. FS36320. Heck, that's basically the original WWII formula that it came from. 1 part white, 1 part black, and a touch of the new (1943 compared to 1941) "purple-blue" pigment. (You can make ALL WWII camo colors from black, white, and 1 of the 3 possible pigments---never more than 3 ingredients)

Edited by David Hingtgen