Macross the Complete

seventh-moon

3 discs of TV and DYRL goodness.

http://www.anime.net/macross/production/au...eral/index.html

Scroll down.

Contains the music from the original Macross series' soundtrack's Music Edition Vol. 1 and 2, the music from Do You Remember Love? Original Soundtrack Music Edition, karaoke tracks, additional reprises of vocal songs from the two works, image songs used in non-anime projects, and previously unreleased background music from both anime works. Although not the complete collection of music from both anime works, this is the most comprehensive set of first Macross series and Macross: Do You Remember Love?music.

Part I: 77 minutes, 17 seconds

Part II: 77 minutes, 05 seconds

Part III: 75 minutes, 36 seconds

We've only been able to discover 2 tracks missing from the set. First is the COMPLETE version of "Love Drifts Away" as heard in Flashback 2012, and the second is the guitar rift-version of the TV theme often heard at the end of each episode.

is the macross the complete collection cd just a cd for DYRL? or is it for other macoross series as well?

Macross The Complete contains music from the TV and DYRL only.

Mac-II has it's own soundtracks. Two of them. The second-ost (japan-only) contains the missing Ishtar song.

Can you specify wich ishtar song it is? because the one im looking for has no lyrics.

- Moichido Love You

That song is not in the OST-1, but is in OST-2 and Macross Character Songs.

- Anata wo Kanjiteiru is another (more elusive, rather) Macross-II Ishtar-song that's only available in the Macross Character-Songs cd and not in either of the two MII-OSTs. Most likely this is the one Ishtar-song you're missing since it has no lyrics available, iirc.

jezes look how much amazon wants for it! 

CDJapan still sells Macross The Complete for $67 + s/h (typically $10 to usa), so it's around $77 in total.

Edited by treatment

CDJapan still sells Macross The Complete for $67 + s/h (typically $10 to usa), so it's around $77 in total

CD Japan does seem to have it, but if you look its says it takes a number of days to order it, not that they have it in stock. I asked them if they would get it by the time my payment arrived to them, and the email I got said that they could not guarantee it. Anime Corner Store and Animenation likewise claimed it was no longer available, but I found my copy at a non-anime music retailer for about the same price if I ordered it from Japan.

Found it guess where.

Macross The Complete(SM)

I'd be wary of that one. I auditioned two different pressings by the same Taiwanese company and each had bad errors on discs one and two. When I got my Japanese legitimate issue, the errors were not present :) .

I got the version seventh-moon linked.  Mine has no problems, it plays just fine.

I did not mean it wouldn't play because it was a pirated copy. The ones I listend to, on four different CD players, had a static "chif-chif" sound in the background of some cuts. This was a ripping or mastering error, which is not present on the Japanese originals. Both times convinced me to seek out an original. B))

- Anata wo Kanjiteiru is another (more elusive, rather) Macross-II Ishtar-song that's only available in the Macross Character-Songs cd and not in either of the two MII-OSTs. Most likely this is the one Ishtar-song you're missing since it has no lyrics available, iirc.

Actually, "Anata o kanjite-iru - Mia Santi Ren" is on the Macross II OST Vol. 2 CD. It's track 17.

I Bet I can Find it for under $20.00

I dont know if the song im looking for is an ishtar song. all i know is that it was played when hibiki said goodbye to ishtar at the end of the movie right before she borded the ship.

This piece has no singing in it? Yet it's played right when Hibiki and Ishtar are saying their goodbyes...and then she boards the ship? I'm guessing you watched the dubbed version, right? That piece isn't on any of the OSTs, and I highly doubt it's on any of the other Macross OSTs. What I can tell you though are the name of the songs that are played before it and after it, if you'd like? ^_^

Edited by Oihan

I'd be wary of the "Son-May" version.... (a)It's a bootleg, and (b)the quality is spotty and you're taking a chance that the copy you get may not be in the best condition.

I'd say get it if you can't find the Victor-Records (the original) version, but be careful... there's every chance you won't be getting what you pay for.

I Bet I can Find it for under $20.00

I dont know if the song im looking for is an ishtar song. all i know is that it was played when hibiki said goodbye to ishtar at the end of the movie right before she borded the ship.

The song is Yakusoku (promise) and is included in the japan-only MacII OST-2 and in the Macross Character Songs cds.

However, the dub-version of MII also featured a bgm just before playing the Yakusoku-song that I don't recall the title. The vocal-song prior to that bgm was Riding in Your Valkyrie, iirc.

Edited by treatment

Actually, "Anata o kanjite-iru - Mia Santi Ren" is on the Macross II OST Vol. 2 CD. It's track 17.

Yeah, you're right. It was in OST-2.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found the track list I saved a long time ago.

Disc 1 (Macross TV Soundtrack Vol.1)

1. Macross

2. Fate's Arrow

3. Violin of Tears

4. Little White Dragon

5. Melody of Sorrow

6. Lie In Wait/Ambush

7. Yearning

8. Reconnaissance

9. Launching Ceremony

10. Love Flows

11. Dog Fighter

12. Silver Moon, Red Moon

13. Viva! Zentradi

14. Sad Space Soldiers

15. All Out Attack

16. The End of Childhood

17. O-G Love

18. Action

19. Departure

20. Runner

Macross TV Soundtrack Vol.2

21. Meditation/Contemplation

22. Universe

23. Empty

24. My Boyfriend's a Pilot

25. The Street Corner of Adolescence

26. Spectacle

27. Zentradi Fortress

28. Dirty Hero

29. Wound

30. Nostalgia

31. Melodius Love

32. Stardust Memory

33. Farewell to Kindness

34. Sunset Beach

35. Carnival

36. Passion

37. The Sound of Revenge

38. Underwater Fight

39. First Contact

40. Lullaby

41. A View With a Bell

42. Longing for Home

43. Long For

44. Pathetic/Sad

45. My Beautiful Place

Disc 2 (Macross Movie Soundtrack)

1. Everlasting Love ~ Prologue

2. Conflicting Destiny

3. Love Moment

4. Teenage Dream

5. Do You Remember Love? (long version)

6. The 500,000 Year War

7. The Ruined Star

8. Silent

9. The Floating City

10. Eternal Love

11. Before the Battle

12. A Quivering Heart

13. From Here on Foreverc Epilogue

14. Angel's Paints

Macross Karaoke

15. Macross

16. My Boyfriend's a Pilot

17. O-G Love

18. My Beautiful Place

19. Little White Dragon

20. Silver Moon, Red Moon

21. Sunset Beach

22. Love Flows

23. Farewell to Kindness

24. Runner

25. Do You Remember Love? (Long version)

Disc 3 - Macross

1. My Boyfriend's a Pilot Part 2

2. Runner

3. Love Flows

4. Whisper of the Stars

5. Miria's Lullaby

6. Runner

7. Distant Memory

8. Under an Umbrella

9. Cinderella

10. Thinking of a White Christmas

11. Jingle Bells Are Gone

Tracks 12-23 are TV Background Music Tracks 24-45 are Background music from the 1984 Movie