Energon Megatron

Limbo

with kids line the main emphasis is fun.  gimmick overall else. a satisfactrory articulation but mainly fun.

So am I the only kid that always thought "This is neat and all, but why can't I move the legs?" and "why don't the arms go anywhere other than straight forward and down?"

Gimmick only gets you so far.

The (lack of) articulation never really bothered me. They were nearly as articulated as all those Kenner Star Wars figures I had. So the legs didn't move, I didn't need to fit tme inside a vehicle, they tunred into vehicles. I also excepted that there was only so much they could do with something that turned into a fairly realistic toy car.

That answers that.

I was always drawn to the more "complex" transformers, like Jetfire(no big surprise there :) ) and Shockwave.

To be honest, I never really even looked at the little guys like Bumblebee. It was a case of "Ummm, why would I want Bumblebee when I can walk over to the GoBots and get the same thing, only bigger and prettier. And with HANDS!"

Not that the GoBot VW was a marvel of engineering either, especially in retrospect(the legs were really scrawny, and the head was only acceptable by cheesy movie robot standards), but it had hands and feet.

I only had a couple of the little ones. Not that I would call most of the mini Autobots' vehicle modes realistic representations. I preferred the normal sized ones. My favorites that I owned as a kid were Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker, Soundwave, and Smokescreen. They were some of them with better proportions in robot mode, too. Not like Hound's stubby little arms.

I always thought that the Go-bots looked way better than the mini Autobots.

I only had a couple of the little ones. Not that I would call most of the mini Autobots' vehicle modes realistic representations. I preferred the normal sized ones. My favorites that I owned as a kid were Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker, Soundwave, and Smokescreen. They were some of them with better proportions in robot mode, too. Not like Hound's stubby little arms.

I always thought that the Go-bots looked way better than the mini Autobots.

True, but it's just an example of the mindset.

I wonder what happened to my GoBots, now that I think about it. I still have my Transformers, but I can only find one GoBot.

These toys also need to pass drop tests and the like. Its much easier to make a simpler toy, which is also sturdier and safer from the get go.

Drop Armada Jetfire from 5 feet off the ground. Do the same thing with a Yamato. Guess which one will be fine? It aint the Yamato! (You could also substitute your fave Soul of Chogokin or Diaclone era G1 toy here if you like. Same probable result.)

Guess which toys I have more fun with as far as transforming or toying with while watching the TV? Yep, those silly kiddy Armada/Energon toys.

I like the Alternators but TFing them is a 15-20 minute PROJECT...

alternators were crazy to transform when i got my smokescreen. i got him down to 2minutes now but i mean come on....that arm transformation really needs top be worked on.

transformers energon is selling well and though armada sucked to us, the kiddies bought it up. So yes gimmicks certainly did go far(uhm guys dont think that just kuz im tellln the facts and reasons wht haskara does this crap means i agree with them...i for one thing articulation rocks and the minicon gimmick was quite stupid)

Energon is a step in the right direction and seems like a continuation technology wise of generation 2.

gimmick may only get you so far.

case in point. RID did way better with us then them meddln kids. Armada did way better gor them than it did for us. Point? its catered toward t˙em and as said before takara needed some douigh sop they appealed to us for car robots/rid.

anyhoo alternators were started around the time rid ended so with that think of alternators as g1 influenced toys with acdvanced rid technology.

the kids stuff is kids stuff. you cant ex[ect a 20 somethn yr old to like energon but it just so happens peolpe like me do. i love alternators too.

alternators is our line. not the kiddies.

Actually, I wonder who is designing all those toys? Where can we find credits for the designs? (and flame the bastards to hell)... Are they made in US, Japan or a combination of both? I know the binaltech are 100% designed by takara, so is the masterpiece Prime... That's why I find hard to belive we are getting such infestation of cheap bad designed transforming toys from Japan for years. Who is resposible for Armada and Energon designs?

Someone make me a black list :p

Please do a little studying before you just blab out stattements. All the Binal/altinators along with MPC Prime were co designed by Hasbro and Takara. Wanting to flame or badmouth a toy designer for making toys that YOU dont like makes no sence. Energon is the best line since G1. How can you guys cry and complain about toys so much? It says ages 5 and up not 20 and up. They are toys and once again, if you dont like it, dont buy it, why buy it , take pics of it just to cry about it?

naw masterpiece and alternators are the best lines since g1. Energon is cool but to me its not the best line. I think its slightly better than g2. beast wars as a whole was the best line since g1 I think before alternators and masterpiece prime. Beast wars and rid was somewhat of a camelot,

superarticulation, cool characters, and gimmicks that didnt interfere with articulation. As I said before, armada did outsell rid in the states. Energon qand armada are the best selling lines in the US since beast wars. We may complain but those aint arelines, alternators is. Hasbros out to make money and judging from the success of transformers here, they will keepdoin what they will while throwing a boone to us every now n then. Alternartors however. is specifically catered to us.

naw masterpiece and alternators are the best lines since g1.

You can't compare those to Energon because both of those are collectors lines, Energon is a mass market line Like G1. Energon is hit and miss for me but I like some of what I have seen so far.

naw masterpiece and alternators are the best lines since g1.

You can't compare those to Energon because both of those are collectors lines, Energon is a mass market line Like G1. Energon is hit and miss for me but I like some of what I have seen so far.

Says who? The Alternators are available in Toys 'R Us and Walmart just like Energon, and are priced similar to Energon toys of the same size.

Also, I would argue that the Car Robot/Robots in Disguise line had some much higher quality toys than the Energon line. I'll take Fire Convoy, the Car Brothers, the train gestalt, and even Build King over anything I've seen in Energon. Unfortunately, RiD's weak point was the Predacons/Decepticons, there were only a couple worth getting. Still Black Convoy is a much better toy than any of the Energon Decepticons.

MPC Prime on the other hand, I'll sort of agree. It's difficult to be fair when comparing an 70-80 dollar toy to a 30-40 dollar toy. It can be done, but you have to weigh in the price difference. In my opinion, MPC Prime is well worth the price tag, whereas Tubbimus Prime isn't worth 5 bucks. Of course, if MPC Prime is out of your price range, well then, you're out of luck. I'd still reccomend trying to find one of those smaller, yet improved Armada Prime figures if there's any still around. It's much better than the Energon Prime, and not nearly as costly as the larger version that comes with that mess of a trailer.

Looks at G1 collection.......Scratches head over why so many people think those diecast plastic bricks are cool.........

Thinks we should all be mad that first few waves of G1 were toys stolen from Diaclone and Microman molds.............

RISE UP DIACLONE AND MICROMAN FANBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIGHT AGAINST THESE TF FANBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Please do a little studying before you just blab out stattements. All the Binal/altinators along with MPC Prime were co designed by Hasbro and Takara. Wanting to flame or badmouth a toy designer for making toys that YOU dont like makes no sence.

Sorry if bothers you, but if I don't like something I do complain about it. It is my right and business to do so. I'm criticizing the designs because I think they could be better. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm a designer myself, and like everybody else I got my work criticized, flamed, bashed and sometimes even trashed. There's nothing really wrong with that. Comes with the field and believe it or not it actually made me a better designer over the years. The point is: The toy should have a better design without a fricking head looking at you in plane mode.

Energon is the best line since G1. How can you guys cry and complain about toys so much? It says ages 5 and up not 20 and up. They are toys and once again, if you dont like it, dont buy it, why buy it , take pics of it just to cry about it?

I just got Megatron because I couldn't see the that stupid head under the jet inside the box. I’m still trying to replace it with a better head to blend bomber on plane mode.

i am an advocate for criticising. I do it alll the time. HOwever I think its a bit unfair to call someonesdesigns stupid and such when some of you don't know what the purpose of the toys were. Sure armada sucks to us. NO biggie thats why we got alternators. Like i said energon and armada aint our line. Believe it or not the big armada prime sold real well during its run in toy stores and especially in x mas. Its hard to beleive because hwe is clearly less collector appealing to us than fire convoy but that sthe thing a lot of us easily forget...

fire convoy was MADE to appeal to us since takara was in a financial bind and needed some cash...so they got the collectors in and threw em a bone with car influences from diaclone.

armada was made to appeal simply to kids. we did not factor at all in its creation.

Armada was made to sell well to kids and thats exactly what it is doing. whether its a failure to us(it was) or not it dont matter. it wasnt a failure to kids. you cant say "oh shin mny boy thinks its stupid" tell the sales figures that. it wont matter. for every kid that thinks its stupid ther is 20 to say armada prime is cool. these are kids NOT us. Armada prime and energon megatron are not exampls of laziness but examples that clearly show this toy was not made for uys. SMokescreen the alternator dont got a big forkn head stikn out do he? EXACTLY kuz hes made for us. hasbro knows wed yell blasphemy for something CLEARLY made for us if it was like that. but energon:? eh eh simply that not ours.

Also we need not flame each other for what we think. APU not tryign to single you out but your approach makes it seem like your snapping on everyone. Criticism is a given, you think this is bad, go to the various transformers boards. its a lot worse i can assure you. You snapped here and in the thread where someone said the 1.48 was out propotion and some of us cracked jokes. Criticism no matter how u dont like it will ALWAYS be part of ANY fandom. there is no fandom that simply says "ooo i like and understand gimme gimme!"

again dont take it personal but try to understand that with criticism its inevitable and unescapable. No need to snap or flame if we feel otherwise to someones opinion.

I just got Megatron because I couldn't see the that stupid head under the jet inside the box. I’m still trying to replace it with a better head to blend bomber on plane mode.

Is there room to hollow out a hole and make the head hinged?

Or is that more effort than you wish to spend to make it look not poopy and half-assed?

Looks at G1 collection.......Scratches head over why so many people think those diecast plastic bricks are cool.........

Well said. Outside of nostalgia G1 largely sucks. Some of them are decent, but TRU is smoking crack to charge what they're charging normal price... sad part is that some people must be buying it!

MP Prime is outstanding. But some of the Alternators don't look nearly as good as their box art, either (namely the Viper).

Well said. Outside of nostalgia G1 largely sucks. Some of them are decent, but TRU is smoking crack to charge what they're charging normal price... sad part is that some people must be buying it!

Nostalgia goes a LONG way.

And they aren't even reissuing the GOOD stuff. If they reissue Shockwave, I'll be all over it, price be damned.

Heck, if Megatron came to the States, I'd grab it, just to annoy some soccer mom.

And they aren't even reissuing the GOOD stuff. If they reissue Shockwave, I'll be all over it, price be damned.

Heck, if Megatron came to the States, I'd grab it, just to annoy some soccer mom.

Bah! Shockwave is a reissue of a Astro Magnum. All those early TF's are just reissues from other lines.

Bah! Shockwave is a reissue of a Astro Magnum. All those early TF's are just reissues from other lines.

But nostalgia means I'd rather have the TF one. :)