Macross 7- This Is Animation Book

baronv

Has anyone read the Macross 7- This Is Animation Book, I haven't read too many reviews on this book. Does it include original mecha sketches and worth the high prices it's going for?

Has anyone read the Macross 7- This Is Animation Book, I haven't read too many reviews on this book. Does it include original mecha sketches and worth the high prices it's going for?

Is that the big orangish whitish one with mylene and guvava sitting on the cover?

This one:

post-2-1080393866_thumb.jpg

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

I have both, they are both excellent, but the 2nd one is not really needed, if

you buy the one SkullLeaderVF-X posted.

the 2nd one's main extra is just the Colored Char Designs of the main chars.

(up until ep 16 or 18 , so no sivil and stuff)

come to think of it: SkullLeaderVF-X 's book is the most extensive macross7 reference book published.

----

OFF:

I'd really need a Macross7Dynamite - TIAS book, not likely that anyone could help, but if yes, please mail. Right now I think I'd pay upto as much for it as for the goldbook.

I bought the TIAS Macross 7 book a few years ago, and I'm pretty happy with it. Has a ton of line art in it although I don't think it's totally complete. Highlights include Mikimoto color sketches of the characters and color design drafts for the VF-19 and VF-17.

How much is this book worth nowadays? I got it back around '98 for $35.

Does the first one have a Sivil lineart?  It pisses me off that the second one doesn't.

not just lineart, but a very good colored page too (or 2) :)

one of the reasons it!s still my favorite macross book

Hey MaXXxxx...Willing to sell your other M7 TIA book? Not the one with the cover I posted..... ;)

Isn't most of the mech line art also in Macross Design Works? If not, then the M7:TIAS are totally worth it.

I almost flipped when I found out my Macross VFX/2 Graphics Guide had the same mech line art as Design Works. Beautiful guide but redundant.