Help - I need the original characters name

Southcross

I came across the name "KAIFUN LYNN" is this correct?? I have searched out a few websites, either they list nothing... or in the case of "KAIFUN", there was no description or picture to go along with the name. Its the only name I didn't recognize. Or was this the little boy from episode 1? grr... :lol: I need the name for my latest "Model Monstrosities" project.

any help would be appreciated

Kaifun is Minmay's cousin, non-blood related though. He's the son of Minmay's aunt and uncle. In episode 15 ("Chinatown") Hikaru and her pick him up from Yokohama. He stars in the blockbuster movie "Kung Fu Dandy" (ep 16) with Minmay as his opposite. Goes on to manage Minmay's singing career. Tries to "woo" Minmay over several times, but to no avail. Thus, he becomes a wandering alcoholic. Rumor has it, he had an illegitimate child with a prostitute. The child later on becomes an inter-galactic rockstar. ;)

Kaifun is Minmay's cousin, non-blood related though. He's the son of Minmay's aunt and uncle. In episode 15 ("Chinatown") Hikaru and her pick him up from Yokohama. He stars in the blockbuster movie "Kung Fu Dandy" (ep 16) with Minmay as his opposite. Goes on to manage Minmay's singing career. Tries to "woo" Minmay over several times, but to no avail. Thus, he becomes a wandering alcoholic. Rumor has it, he had an illegitimate child with a prostitute. The child later on becomes an inter-galactic rockstar. ;)

I still haven't seen very many episodes of the original Macross... and I don't know if you have seen Robotech... but... is he just as much a "pathetic looser" in Macross as he is in RT with his whiney little "anti-war BS"?

is he just as much a "pathetic looser" in Macross as he is in RT with his whiney little "anti-war BS"?

Well he's a bit rougher and with the deeper voice he comes across like a control freak. Still a big jerk on either side of the pond.

is he just as much a "pathetic looser" in Macross as he is in RT with his whiney little "anti-war BS"?

Well he's a bit rougher and with the deeper voice he comes across like a control freak. Still a big jerk on either side of the pond.

in short: Yes! ;)

though he appears a bit more threatening as alcoholic in Macross

Thus, he becomes a wandering alcoholic. Rumor has it, he had an illegitimate child with a prostitute. The child later on becomes an inter-galactic rockstar. ;)

Where is this on the compendium??? :blink:

YOU LIE! ITS NOT ON THE COMPENDIUM!! THEREFORE ITS NOT TRUE!!

:lol:

Though still a jerk, threatening, and a control freak (and an alcoholic to boot), I thought his last appearance in the SDF Macross tv series was much more ...well, cool, than his last appearance in Robotech. In Robotech, he's just a jerk till the end and that's that, while in SDF he actually says some meaningful things before wandering off into the world.

If I was Global, I would have kicked Hikaru's ass for bringing that jerk onto my ship, then had Kaifun promptly deported. The guy was a putz and an instigator the moment he got on the ship. If he was so anti-military, what the hell was he doing there.

All Hikaru had to do was say: NO. That and the guy totally got in Hikaru's way with Minmei. Hikaru should have kicked his ass, then apologized to Global for bringing the scumbag aboard.