Red VF-21

xMaDxPeNgUiNx

Milia's red VF-21. Has anyone made a custom of it?

You might try searching the model forum. The Yamato toy would definitely be challenging, due to the die cast in the legs. Getting paint to stick (after removing the original) will require metal priming and lots of sealant/protectant coats to survive transformation, since there's lots of rubbing the way Yamato designed the toy. However, I'm sure somebody here has the talent to pull it off, no question.

I happen to watch the entire series of Macross 7 this past weekend and thought that it would be cool to have Milia's red VF-21 in my collection. Has anyone made a custom of it?

:o Imagine having Max and Milia's VF-21s side by side in your collections...

*sigh*

Shouldn't be too hard since its almost quite similar to the YF-21, but of course we'd prefer if they redesigned it abit to fix some of the problems with the YF-21. Colors for VF-22s include M&M red and blue, and dark blue for Gamlin's in Dynamite.

I happen to watch the entire series of Macross 7 this past weekend and thought that it would be cool to have Milia's red VF-21 in my collection.  Has anyone made a custom of it?

:o Imagine having Max and Milia's VF-21s side by side in your collections...

*sigh*

Shouldn't be too hard since its almost quite similar to the YF-21, but of course we'd prefer if they redesigned it abit to fix some of the problems with the YF-21. Colors for VF-22s include M&M red and blue, and dark blue for Gamlin's in Dynamite.

Diamond Force (Gamlin's) uses Black Valks (17's then 22's). Emerald Force has the Dark Blue VF-19's.

The VF-22's were also a perfect fit for Max and Millia with it's Q-rau attributes. Matching 22's of them would be sweet indeed.

Edited by Anubis

That would be really cool to get a Millia and Max VF-22S! Not that I need more to buy (just plopped $320 for the 1/48 M&M VF-1Js).

I nearly cried though when Gamlin ruined Millia's 35 year old VF-1J!!! :(

Now Millia knew how to fly that "relic" in that anime.

Randy

I'm still surprized she let him live. She had it for all those years, Mylene piloted it without incident, then he wrecks it. At least she appropriated a VF-17 in compensation.

Wow, you watched the entire Macross 7 TV series in one weekend? That is hardcore!

Yah, I imagine if I did that I'd be staggering around, mumbling "ore no uta o kike... ore no uta o kike..." like some kind of spiritia drain victim.

*stumble*

Yep... Had to take a break from work for a while for that one!!

LOL!!! :lol:

Man all of the YF-21/VF-22 fans have asked for this for years now. I dont think we will ever get them. Which may be a good thing because that means less money I put out of my pocket into Yamatos. lol.

Note that the head unit and the canopies are different on the 22-production variant than they were on the YF-21.

Hasegawa makes a VF-22 kit, doesn't it? or was that one a YF-kit also? (although fighter mode would be easier to convert anyway)

Wasn't there a pic of a Bandai VF-22 Millia version floating around? I believe it was from a toy show or an ad... then it never got made.

I don't think it was a custom, because I've seen plenty of those.

Nope, Bandai have never made a VF-22 toy in any color.

There are however pics of a prototype Bandai 1/65 scale VF-17S toy in Milia colors as well as a VF-19F toy that never made it into production. These prototypes were displayed at a Japanese toy show back in 1995. You can find these pics in the August 1995 issue of B-Club magazine.

Graham

Wasn't there a pic of a Bandai VF-22 Millia version floating around?  I believe it was from a toy show or an ad... then it never got made.

I don't think it was a custom, because I've seen plenty of those.

Nope, Bandai have never made a VF-22 toy in any color.

There are however pics of a prototype Bandai 1/65 scale VF-17S toy in Milia colors as well as a VF-19F toy that never made it into production. These prototypes were displayed at a Japanese toy show back in 1995. You can find these pics in the August 1995 issue of B-Club magazine.

Graham

D'oh... too sleepy to think before I type... lol.

I was wondering where that pic was - I kept looking in the Unreleased section.

Thanks for the clarification, G-money.

THEY WERE GOING TO RELEASE THE VF-19F TOO??!!! :o:angry:

Dammit Bandai. Why Why Why.

I could have made Emerald AND Diamond Force. If they would at least reissue the VF-17D and the -19S which already saw release I would be happy. A Diamond force would be so nice to have.

post-4-1079590953.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Note that the head unit and the canopies are different on the 22-production variant than they were on the YF-21.

Hasegawa makes a VF-22 kit, doesn't it? or was that one a YF-kit also? (although fighter mode would be easier to convert anyway)

Not just the head and canopy are different on the VF-22, the panels that cover the legs in fighter mode are also different as well.

And yes, Hasegawa have released both Macross Plus YF-21 and Macross 7 VF-22 models.

Hasegawa VF-22S

Hasegawa YF-21

Graham

I would totally buy a Yamato VF-22S of any type. IT's all ready too, since they already sculpted the different canopy and face!

VF-X, M7 (Max and Miria), M7D Gamlin... I'd probably want at least one of each.

But then I'm one of the few total fans of the YF-21FP design. Course I got a ringer or something... I don't have any of the problems most of you seem to have with em. But even so I woudln't MIND if they ratcheded the hips and made the FP panels a bit thinner with folding landing gear (there's more room here than in the regular leg covers, Yamato!).