Valkyrie Seat Belts/Restraints

LordSixx

I've referenced the DYRL "This is Animation" book and I couldn't find anything. I see how the ejector seat becomes manueverable (in space I presume), but no restraint system.

Does anyone know how in the hell these pilots stay strapped in? I have never noticed any restraints in any VF's. I've checked DYRL and Plus. Any ideas?

There are seat belts in the VF-1 (TV series) also the Valkyrie has a gravity inertia control (GIC)system. (MAT) The chest straps of the flight suit (TV series) connect the parachute in the ejection seat. Since the VF-1 has various escape procedures (phases/contingencies)

See these:

http://manuals.macrossmecha.org/vf1/fact/accom/escsys/

(May not be considered official)

the seats could attatch to the back pack of the flight suit. I know in Gundam (the UC series) there's a hole in the seat for the backpack.

When Gamlin gets his VF-17 canopy shreaded by Sivil, he floats out in space with 2 tubes connecting him to his seat. And there is a slot for the backpack in the VF's seat. You can see this on the DYRL? VF-1 and the VF-11.

The opening sequence to the TV series shows a lap belt I beleive. Or one of the episodes when Hikaru is preparing to launch. I remember it clearly, though I know it's often overlooked because it's just a few seconds of screen time.

the only ones who would need it are Max, Millia, Hikaru and Roy. all the other pilots get toasted and don't get to eject anyways...

:p:lol:

What about Kakizaki? Did he use seat belts in his VF-1A? :D

Max and Millia especially need them restraints. I see the immense amount of inertia they go through in the M3 op. They were literally standing in their cockpits, fighting intertia......