RT: Sentinels/New Generation CG short film

• 3 weeks later...
I'm gonna guess this project is dead or on life support... he asked for help here and the fan section and I don't think he recieved any volunteers.  Awesome stuff though!

381929[/snapback]

EXO,

Could you post the link the that thread?

Scot

here's what he said on this thread

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ndpost&p=339108

hey guys. I'm hoping I can come back to this at some point in the near future. Does anyone happen to have a nice horizont model, and maybe a finished cyclone/ride armor model?

Mike

then this

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...topic=16658&hl=

• 11 months later...

This thread has been buried for a while so maybe it's time for it to rear it's head again.

EXO, Any news if we can call this dead for sure and we can file a post morum on this thread?

I'd hate to think Mike is not going to finish it.

Scot

• 6 months later...
This thread has been buried for a while so maybe it's time for it to rear it's head again.

EXO, Any news if we can call this dead for sure and we can file a post morum on this thread?

I'd hate to think Mike is not going to finish it.

Scot

Chances are this is dead. I really just don't have the time. I'm working at The Embassy Visual Effects full time and am currently in the middle of about 15 Ironman shots. Who knows though...

Michael.

Chances are this is dead. I really just don't have the time. I'm working at The Embassy Visual Effects full time and am currently in the middle of about 15 Ironman shots. Who knows though...

Michael.

Wow, I just watched the trailer on the 'Shadow Chronicles' website. Their CG was aweful. Everything from the animation to the effects reeked of too little time and no budget. I was jokingly going to post that if Harmony Gold wanted to fund me and a small team for a year or two I could put somthing together, but from the look of Shadow Chronicles I don't think they could afford me. :)

Wow, I just watched the trailer on the 'Shadow Chronicles' website. Their CG was aweful. Everything from the animation to the effects reeked of too little time and no budget. I was jokingly going to post that if Harmony Gold wanted to fund me and a small team for a year or two I could put somthing together, but from the look of Shadow Chronicles I don't think they could afford me. :)

I know I got more enjoyment out of the material you created and posted all that time ago than I did watching that movie. It is a real shame this project is dead.

• 2 weeks later...

Michael.

Iron Man, eh Mike? I seem to have found some of your work.

Man, they should know better than to put a Macross fan on this, I can't help but think your hobby is influencing your work....

Iron Man shot?

Sounds like you are moving up in the world. Congrats!! I sure hope you find some free time to make it back to this project sometime though. This project had so much potential and it looks like you had alot of fun with it.

Seriously... you should atleast ask. If they come up a few bucks short I'm sure a few of us would be willing to pitch in. I certainly would.

One more thing for the people who liked this thread, here is a little 'making of' for the scout shot I did for a CG forum to show some of the seperate parts that go into making up a whole shot.

http://www.elementvfx.com/zulufivetwo/temp/scout_demo.mov

Thank you very much. I really enjoyed that.

Carl

• 5 months later...