1/55 Minmay Gaurd "paris act"

mslz22

very nice, I like the weathering. After seeing the last two MG customs, I think I'll repaint the nose on mine yellow, as opposed to the pink I painted it before.

One question about the decals - did you have a small leftover "tire tread" piece? I did and couldn't figure out where it goes. :huh:

One question about the decals - did you have a small leftover "tire tread" piece? I did and couldn't figure out where it goes. :huh:

The only decal I can think of that you might be referring to is the one that appears just to the left of the chestplate decals on the sheet. It's designed to fit on the piece that sits under the chestplate (only visible in fighter mode). Here's a picture of it and where it shows up on the original 1/72 model:

post-4-1078897197.jpg

One question about the decals - did you have a small leftover "tire tread" piece?  I did and couldn't figure out where it goes.  :huh:

The only decal I can think of that you might be referring to is the one that appears just to the left of the chestplate decals on the sheet. It's designed to fit on the piece that sits under the chestplate (only visible in fighter mode). Here's a picture of it and where it shows up on the original 1/72 model:

Ah, thats it! Thanks Devin.

AWESOME! A weathered Minmay Guard - finally, a Guard that has been thru the grinder! Minmay loves combat-tested bouncers! The best thing is, if my dog ever grabs it, i'm sure the chunky monkey will live to see another day and I can just say the paint job was "weathered" a bit more lol!

I barely recognize my VF-1A DRYL Chunky Monkey reissue at all - and that VF-1S head is soooo evil and so much better. Even his "eye" is weathered, eh? And the choice to make the nosecone the same color as the yellow on the chestplate is a great idea, no more jokes about the "pink peckers."

Thanks so much Mike for the build and Devin for the decals - without customizers like you, MW would lose alot of character (nevermind talented resources)!