Real life Major Kusinagi

IGN had the game review from Famitsu on their Gaming Life in Japan feature.

Stand Alone Complex

Sony Computer Entertainment, PS2: 7,7,8,7

The reviewers commented that the game seemed to stay true to its anime license and even has good control and enjoyable gameplay. There are some problem areas, though, including one hit kills and a lack of save points, but this is combated by a thorough tutorial. One reviewer commented that the game's maps are a bit on the rough side.

The March 2004 issue of ARMS magazine had a much nicer looking Kusanagi IMO.

I think I'm much more turned on by the gun she's holding than by her.

I think she's cute. ^_^

That wasn't Shirow's intention ;-)

Kusanagi is an ass kicker. Cuteness (and the "actress'"is questionable at that, but I'll respect your opinions) won't do at all, since she should be dripping cold, powerful sexiness.

That wasn't Shirow's intention ;-)

Kusanagi is an ass kicker. Cuteness (and the "actress'"is questionable at that, but I'll respect your opinions) won't do at all, since she should be dripping cold, powerful sexiness.

Although, shirow draws his women as super attractive I would assume that Deunan wouldn't be what I consider as cute. I got a feeling she'd be more of what AgentOne would call his "type"... I'm just glad they're drawn... and drawn well... :D

Graham

Damn, you beat me to it. I saw this thread and thought "Haruka Nayuta did a much better job".

Is that the models name? Does she do a lot of cosplay work? :blink:

Graham

Damn, you beat me to it. I saw this thread and thought "Haruka Nayuta did a much better job".

I don't know what else she has done. That's just the name they list for her in ARMS.

Actually, I had to look that up. What I really thought was "that arms chick did a better job" :p

Edit- A google search reveals that she, as far as I can tell, is an AV star. (AV being "adult video" for those not in the know).

Edited by Commander McBride

Graham

I don't know what else she has done. That's just the name they list for her in ARMS.

Actually, I had to look that up. What I really thought was "that arms chick did a better job" :p

Edit- A google search reveals that she, as far as I can tell, is an AV star. (AV being "adult video" for those not in the know).

i am not in the know...

but i know AV...

RUH-ROH!!! :D

Heh... ask the 30 (largely anonymous) women who were "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" on various magazine covers and game shows... being a real life representation of a video game girl... doesn't really launch the career, does it?

When all's said and done, when it's time to make a couple of multimillion dollar films... they get Angelina Jolie. ;)

Graham

That's odd. Haruka Nayuta did the TV commercials, too, but she obviously looks different/better on the magazine cover.

Graham

That's odd. Haruka Nayuta did the TV commercials, too, but she obviously looks different/better on the magazine cover.

So it is the same woman? Maybe they stretched her face for the magazine cover lol. The trailer on the GITS DVD I have is titled TV ad for that offical log DVD/Bookset.

Graham

So it is the same woman? Maybe they stretched her face for the magazine cover lol. The trailer on the GITS DVD I have is titled TV ad for that offical log DVD/Bookset.

Yes, she did the commercials (15 sec. and 30 sec.) for the GITS SAC Official Log 1. The Official Log 2 has a making-of featurette on making the commercials.

PS It's not a wig; they show the hairstylists spraying her hair purple :ph34r:

Heh... ask the 30 (largely anonymous) women who were "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" on various magazine covers and game shows... being a real life representation of a video game girl... doesn't really launch the career, does it?

When all's said and done, when it's time to make a couple of multimillion dollar films... they get Angelina Jolie. ;)

Actually... Rhona Mitra is on The Practice and has been in several films.

Graham

Yes, she did the commercials (15 sec. and 30 sec.) for the GITS SAC Official Log 1. The Official Log 2 has a making-of featurette on making the commercials.

PS It's not a wig; they show the hairstylists spraying her hair purple :ph34r:

I just bought the offical log 1 & 2 DVD sets. They should be here in a few days. What else is on there?

All this talk makes me wanna buy the GITS DVD's! Can you show me which ones I should buy?

It depends. The official GITS:SAC DVD's are gonna cost you a grip.....and I'm not even sure if they're subtitled. Apparently Mangle (opps....Manga) is going to release the first season here in the US (on DVD) in a couple of months. So I guess you can wait for those. B))

Me? I don't have enough money to buy anymore DVD's (at the moment). I went the quick route and purchased MI's DVD Boxset for $35.

post-26-1078897847_thumb.jpg

All this talk makes me wanna buy the GITS DVD's! Can you show me which ones I should buy?

It depends. The official GITS:SAC DVD's are gonna cost you a grip.....and I'm not even sure if they're subtitled. Apparently Mangle (opps....Manga) is going to release the first season here in the US (on DVD) in a couple of months. So I guess you can wait for those. B))

Me? I don't have enough money to buy anymore DVD's (at the moment). I went the quick route and purchased MI's DVD Boxset for $35.

Should I also get the two GITS DVD movies?

The R2's for Stand Alone are not subbed.

The "new" release of the first movie (released the end of last month) is crap... well, not crap , but the sub they use is. It's worse than Mangle's for sure. I bought it hoping to ditch my Mangle copy, but they over generalize, sometimes flat out change lines. Not cool. Whoever did the translation was too stiff and must not have known the history/background for it. The second movie, Innocence" is just coming out and is not on DVD yet (of course). Fansubs of all TV episodes of SAC that have aired (1st and 2nd seasons) are availible on the net. Fansubs after episode 19 of the first season are the way to go, as the HK bootleggers didn't have anyone good ones before they pressed their discs. Making the last few episodes sub par to say the least.

In other news, 300 yen candy toys (sans candy this time) are out as well. The Tachikoma guards my desk at work, while Batou came home with me (see picture below.)

This concludes the Ghost in the Shell/Shirow News broadcast for today.

P.S. Sorry for the blurry picture. I was gonna take a better one, but I gotta recharge the camera's battery first.

post-26-1078929793.jpg

The re-release of the movie has English audio and unfortunately English dubtitles (so did the original R2 release). They follow Manga's dub both in text and in timing. The English audio had added dialogue in some scenes where its silent in the Japanese audio. So when you watch it in Japanese there are times where the subs pop up when no one is speaking. Why they used it when a better sub script exists is beyond me. But it was only 35.00 and for a region 2 DVD thats cheap considering the original release was 9800 yen. There is a new box version that came out too for about 55.00. I guess Bandai re-released the first two Patlabor movies on DVD cheap too. Maybe they'll re-release DYRL cheap?

There was talk of Manga releasing a 10th anniverasry DVD here(like they did with Ninja Scroll).

I haven't seen much of GITS SAC. Just a couple of episodes. I've like what I've seen. For once I'm gonna wait the US release. Bandai is still in charge of the DVDs etc but I guess Manga in charge of distribution.

And the second GITS movie just came out in Japanese theaters I think.

When all's said and done, when it's time to make a couple of multimillion dollar films... they get Angelina Jolie.  ;)

Actually... Rhona Mitra is on The Practice and has been in several films.

Rhona Mitra and Nell McAndrew are way I said largely anonymous, as opposed to completely anonymous.

Rhona's done pretty good, but there's a huge difference between being Bailey's girlfriend on Party of Five and the assaulted girl in The Hollow Man... and being paid tens of millions like Angelina was for those awful Tomb Raider movies.

The difference clearly outlines B-movie stardom and A-list.

But as a conselation prize, Rhona Mitra is hot as hell. ;) She's just far less wealthy and famous than Angelina.

I just bought the offical log 1 & 2 DVD sets. They should be here in a few days. What else is on there?

The Official Log 1 DVD contains a quick summary of Episodes 1-19, preview clips from the rest of the first season, a character and weapons/technology summary, some staff interviews, and behind-the-scenes stuff. The booklet covers basically the same subjects, but there's a section at the back that deals with the real-life counterparts/inspiration for the technology featured in GITS SAC.

The Official Log 2 DVD contains a summary of the Laughing Man storyline, more staff/cast interviews, and the making-of featurette on the TV commercials for Official Log 1. The booklet also goes over the the same subjects (except for the commercials), plus it covers the real-life scandals that inspired the Laughing Man storyline and the literary references in the first season.

Do you guys know what this is about?  :blink:

Fan(service)disc?  :p

If I'm reading the kanji correctly:

- 28pg booklet on the Tachikoma shorts featured on the GITS SAC DVDs

- some new Tachikoma shorts

- music videos

- cast interviews

- the GITS SAC trailers that appeared on SkyPerfect TV when they were airing the first season of GITS SAC