Final Countdown DVD - March 30th!

Vifam7

Real planes are better than models or CGI. It's that simple. (This is especially a problem with airliners---they are represented by models or CGI more and more often, and usually BAD CGI)

And nothing's as cool as a high-vis Jolly Rogers plane. :)

Hmmm, also available here it seems, but way above US$ 20.-.  :(

Better grab it before they're all gone - the 2 disc limited edition are serially numbered so chances are they only get this 1 production run.

The limited editions are $22 at Suncoast...$16 for the regular ones. Limited edition rules all...love that Katherine Ross story by the Jolly Rogers!! :D

Real planes are better than models or CGI. It's that simple. (This is especially a problem with airliners---they are represented by models or CGI more and more often, and usually BAD CGI)

this is true of most things. in my opinion....... CG and real life is nearly as grating as seeing Cartoons mixed with live action.

i love fully cg movies, but mixing and matching is really not that great.

Invisibility, and time-travel, are quite different IMHO. The only similarity is that they both have warships.

PS--when I got it on release day, Best Buy only wanted $17 for limited, $15 for regular. Yes, only 2 bucks difference.

Edited by David Hingtgen

picked up the movie saturday and watched 3 times(well watched with all attention the first time, then worked through the other two over the afternoon in the background sneeking peeks at the good stuff)

buy this-you will NOT be disappointed. Fantastic movie. The extras dvd was very cool too!

Thanks guys-if I hadn't caught this thread I would have missed out!!

S

p.s. got at suncoast for $22

The extras are:

Audio commentary with the director of photography.

theatrical trailers and tv spots

If you get the limited edition, it includes a bonus disc which has:

an interview with assoiciate producer Lloyd Kaufman

An interview with the Jolly Rogers F-14 sqaudron (31 minutes!)

Posters and still galleries

A Kirk Douglas bio

The Zero Pilot Journal(the ones that flew the makeshift zeros in the film) for your DVD rom

The interviews with VF-84 is worth the limited set alone.

Am I the only one who sees this thread and starts humming that goofy 80's metal song by Europe?

:p

Metal? "Big hair sissy boys whining" sounds more appropriate for them. :p

Dude... it's 2004. Are we still really arguing about what we call "metal?" :lol:

Even when recalling the glory days of metal and its feathered hair and makeup sporting glam counterpart, its the 'big' bands that come to mind, Poison, Motley Crue. The ones that are shoved down our face as current nostalgia acts, the bands that kept trucking and never gave in to the pressure to break apart and stay that way. But Europe... quite popular when in their element for a few brief years in the midst of the middle of the me-decade have slipped from the consciousness of the masses. Was it due to their hasty breakup in the heart of the grunge craze? The band being subjected to being flukes, with a one hit wonder status despite having multiple 'hits' off the same album? Who's to say for sure? However, the fact remians that "The Final Countdown" is most likely one of the best selling and most popular albums from the 1980s to come from a rock type band.

I like the term "rock type band"... that's generic enough.

Still I have that damned cheesy keyboard melody in my head.