the tou salaam

seventh-moon

The destroyed version is from Macross Perfect Memory (as I'm sure most of you know). I've love to see a translation of the accompanying text.

I wonder if the intact version is the result of some clever photoshop work.

pretty darn clever if you ask me.. ok ok... damn good who ever did it (presuming it is a Photoshop job)

The reconstructed version is from the Robotech Reference Guide. If i'm not mistaken it ended up being rejected by the powers that be at the website for one reason or another.

http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/new.i...aval/index.html

I suspect the name "tou salaam" doesn't come from Macross. I can't read the kanji in the title of the scan from Macross Perfect Memory, but the part in parentheses seems to say "crashed". All the "made up" words in Macross seem to be written phonetically in katakana, so I'll bet the kanji just says "Supervision Army Ship" or something like that.

Edited by ewilen

even thought its fan art its still pretty good.

I agree, I had to look at it closer a second time to see the "added lines"... pretty darn good, it looks nice on my monitor set at 1280x1024. Though probably at lower rez the image might not look as good. they should of redrawn all the lines to the same "darkness" and contrast.

It's obviously a photoshop job, you can even see the new lines they had to add to it, they stand out pretty well.

You can also see how the nose is at what looks like a 45 degree angle, whereas the aft doesn't share this rotation.

Oh, and the nose is exactly the same as the destroyed one's, and that one is all moved around and twisted and turned.