Macross Plus: If Guld is insane

Gerwalker

If Guld's rage was due to his half Zentran blood insteady of some really bad anger management issues, does the same thing happen to Meltrans?

Probably worse, once a month.

Oh now there's a pleasant thought, I bet that just totaly sideswiped Max, their first month of marrige...

Unless the zentradi genome was tweaked to bypass that phase.

Not really a desirable feature in a race of warriors.

• 2 weeks later...

OK,

Ive been thinking about this thread and I had to see for myself. I watched specific portions of the OVA and heres some key parts that are self explanitory.

Guld fully remembers that he tried to rape her. they show here with her shirt half ripped off through Gulds eyes. He tells her to forget about "what happened" in another scene. As far as the insaneness go's. Ist you see when he gets excited/angry/emotional, he starts to sweat and has to take some pills to ease some pain, whither it be from a ulcer or what, i really dont think it was an anger issue and nothing I saw shows that theory, unless anger causes extreme pain for him, but that sounds highly unlikely. also, I beleave its something that happened while he was in the military, cause the Capt. asked a doctor on the phone for his records/background

OK,

Ive been thinking about this thread and I had to see for myself. I watched specific portions of the OVA and heres some key parts that are self explanitory.

Guld fully remembers that he tried to rape her. they show here with her shirt half ripped off through Gulds eyes. He tells her to forget about "what happened" in another scene. As far as the insaneness go's. Ist you see when he gets excited/angry/emotional, he starts to sweat and has to take some pills to ease some pain, whither it be from a ulcer or what, i really dont think it was an anger issue and nothing I saw shows that theory, unless anger causes extreme pain for him, but that sounds highly unlikely. also, I beleave its something that happened while he was in the military, cause the Capt. asked a doctor on the phone for his records/background

thats not exactly true.. Guld blacked out and "thought" that Isamu tryied to rape her (or did)... then at the end of ep 4 Guld has a massive flashback then "remembers" that HE was the one that almost raped Myung... he realized at that point that Isamu and Myung KNEW and never told him, to protect him from himself (is how I interpret it). All this time Guld hated Isamu for something Guld didn't remember doing himself.

my interpretation:

From the clips I have seen I'm guessing that Guld saw Isamu and Myung hugging and he just went apeshit. The story seems to show that Myung loved both Isamu and Guld (Isamu a little more)... Guld was majorly in love with (had a crush on)Myung from the sounds of it... and when he saw them together his "possessive" rage took over.

So many possible interpretations to debate over... for one thing its a stated fact that he "forgot" or "blocked out the memory" of what he himself did.

OK,

thats not exactly true.. Guld blacked out and "thought" that Isamu tryied to rape her (or did)... then at the end of ep 4 Guld has a massive flashback then "remembers" that HE was the one that almost raped Myung... he realized at that point that Isamu and Myung KNEW and never told him, to protect him from himself (is how I interpret it). All this time Guld hated Isamu for something Guld didn't remember doing himself.

my interpretation:

From the clips I have seen I'm guessing that Guld saw Isamu and Myung hugging and he just went apeshit. The story seems to show that Myung loved both Isamu and Guld (Isamu a little more)... Guld was majorly in love with (had a crush on)Myung from the sounds of it... and when he saw them together his "possessive" rage took over.

So many possible interpretations to debate over... for one thing its a stated fact that he "forgot" or "blocked out the memory" of what he himself did.

watched it last night,,sorry man, the flashback was in ep 2 on volume 1 still in the DVD player, thiers no sugestion that he thought anything of Isamu, just that he is very reckless and he was jelous of him and Myung. In the 1st meeting between Guld and Myung, he tells her not to think about thier "past" and on episode 2 is when he sees Isamu holding Myung half naked and clutching to Isamu, how would he think that Isamu was the one who "abused" her. he would remember it diferently, dont ya think?

And whats PTSD,,,,STD?

OK,

my interpretation:

watched it last night,,sorry man, the flashback was in ep 2 on volume 1 still in the DVD player, thiers no sugestion that he thought anything of Isamu, just that he is very reckless and he was jelous of him and Myung. In the 1st meeting between Guld and Myung, he tells her not to think about thier "past" and on episode 2 is when he sees Isamu holding Myung half naked and clutching to Isamu, how would he think that Isamu was the one who "abused" her. he would remember it diferently, dont ya think?

And whats PTSD,,,,STD?

ya I understand that... but have you seen ep 3 and 4 yet? near the end of ep 4 in the OVAs his flashbacks are "complete" and you see what really happened

ya I understand that... but have you seen ep 3 and 4 yet? near the end of ep 4 in the OVAs his flashbacks are "complete" and you see what really happened

twice, but im into the investigating fully the 1st 2, this is my 3rd time,,not counting the countless rewinds :unsure:

ya I understand that... but have you seen ep 3 and 4 yet?  near the end of ep 4 in the OVAs his flashbacks are "complete" and you see what really happened

twice, but im into the investigating fully the 1st 2, this is my 3rd time,,not counting the countless rewinds :unsure:

oh... well... the appearances in the first two episodes are one thing... but the "actual" event is clerified in the 4th

Gulds reference to "forget what happened".. in his mind he wasn't the one that attacked Myung, he thinks Isamu did.... that is why he says "I won't let you mess things up" to Isamu. I'll have to see the vids again myself to be sure, but thats how I recall it.

That's exactly what happened. Guld made up in his mind that it was Isamu who attacked her. Both Isamu and Myung knew this, and kept it quiet, maybe out of sympathy for their friend's instability.

Guld repressed the memory of his own misdeed, and substituted the reality for one where he was the good guy.

Edited by Anubis

That's exactly what happened. Guld made up in his mind that it was Isamu who attacked her. Both Isamu and Myung knew this, and kept it quiet, maybe out of sympathy for their friend's instability.

Guld repressed the memory of his own misdeed, and substituted the reality for one where he was the good guy.

thanks Anubis, was hoping someone out there would speak up so I knew I wasn't going insane.

That's exactly what happened.  Guld made up in his mind that it was Isamu who attacked her.  Both Isamu and Myung knew this, and kept it quiet, maybe out of sympathy for their friend's instability.

thanks Anubis, was hoping someone out there would speak up so I knew I wasn't going insane.

Southcross, going insane is not that bad at all!!! Look, you can even be a test pilot of a super-dupper valk!!!

Being insane you can easily pass the tests both by repressing your insanity or by just having your own people in charge of the project or by taking some pills (for your stomach, of course) :D:D

OK, you guys are right, after ep 4,,,,again

What kills me is that the 1st flashback, he sees isamu holding her through his eyes and both Isamu and Myung have scared looks in thier faces, and they reference it between Myung and Guld to each other,,,oh well

OK, you guys are right, after ep 4,,,,again

What kills me is that the 1st flashback, he sees isamu holding her through his eyes and both Isamu and Myung have scared looks in thier faces, and they reference it between Myung and Guld to each other,,,oh well

lol its ok... I was 1. worried that I might have it wrong (but I was pretty sure I was correct) and 2. afraid that I might not of been explaining it right... I have a habit of doing that