Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

just got 2 of my Seiyas in they are really freaking nice looking and since there is diecast on it they weigh real good to, they are perfect for a chogkin fan. i got Capricorn Shura and Sagittarius Aiolos, i also thought it was important to update my Avatar to something more fitting now that i have begun to collect this series B)) on Friday i have Wyvern coming in and I am also waiting for Virgo to be shipped as wel,l i will post pics when i get those. i got a big money order in so i figured what the hell i always wanted these so i will just get them all out of the way at once :rolleyes: i like the sagittarius alot, though standing straight up on a smooth glass surface (Ikea cabinet) it seems prone to falling over due to it being back heavy because of the wings so i have to be careful with it,

pic 2 i have a hard time taking pics of shiny objects with my camera

here is the Capricorn, its gold armor is alittle different than the other one seems to be a different color, i used the white gloves that came with my Max Factory Genesic Gaogaigar to put these together so i would not smudge up the gold with finger prints :rolleyes:

more capricorn it does not seem to have the overly gold tint that the sagittarius has, though i do not think you can tell with the pics i took :ph34r: i really like these alot i am so looking forward to getting the rest of the series, i hope they make some of the girl Seiyas as well i would be the first in line to get those, i would also like to thank everyone on the board for their input on the series and answers for the questions i asked, i appreciate it greatly. I have just found a new series to collect....By By wallet it was nice knowing you :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by zeo-mare

if you look behind the letters on the top, you will notice four shadowed figures... I don't know if those are the prototype sculpts for Taurus Aldebaran, Scorpio Milo, Pisces Aphrodite, and Gemini Saga; or if the guys at Bandai just grabbed some other saint cloth myths and put them up then shadowed them for the pic.

those display stands look awefully nice at this moment, specially with my sagittarius seeming like it is going to fall over at any moment :unsure:

Congradulations on enlargening your collection :D:lol:

Yeah gloves are a good idea when putting these figures together and handling them! :lol: I had put finger-prints all over mine, and be glad you hadn't touched Radamanthys yet! His armor is really shiny, and when you get finger-prints all over his armor and wings.... *sigh* that was quite the clean-up job for wiping him down later... :(

Radamanthys is really back heavy due to his wings! Even heavier than Sagittarius Aioros. Thankfully though, his wings are so long they can help prop him up! :lol:

Between my fiancée and myself, we are almost up to date with the Saint Cloth Myths. All we need for the moment is to pick up Andromeda Shun and Libra Doko. Although, we're waiting for them to be released here in France, since the Saint Cloth Myths are being released here! :lol: We'll have to wait a month or two, but at least they'mm be released at a more affordable price! (and not having to deal with HLJ's bull, or the fear of using Chronopost :angry: ).

Just got myself Libra Dohko last wekend. :)

Boy.... this one is a heavy baby.... you'll love the amount of accessories that come with it. I love the spear though, it even contain some die cast..

However, due to so many accesories, it gave me quite a headache when assemble it. :lol:

i am hoping to pick up the libra today if i can, yea he looks great with all the weapons, i wish the other had more weapons only sagittarius has a bow (kind of small) it would be nice if they all had at least 1 sword, spear or battle axe.

chris

If I am not wrong..... Libra is the keeper of other gold saints weapons... so The weapons that come with libra are belong ot other gold saints. The spear for example is belong to leo. so every gold saints got a weapon. Anyway, you can not put all the weapon on libra anyway, not enoufh space, unless you put him as the libra object .... you'll love the Libra Chris....

yea i noticed that the other saints were useing his weapons in the pics, i wish they each came with their own however maybe something really unique and detailed, by the way do you have pics of your figures?

thanks

chris

I planned to take pictures of my myth cloth collection in the coming weekend, i got to find a time when my girlfriend is away. otherwise she'll be mad at me when she realise i've been buying multiple copies of the myth cloth. I already got 36 myth cloths right now :D

i'll post them up monday week... have you got your Libra?

really? I never knew that the weapons belonged to the other gold saints...wehre'd you get that from?

most of them dont' have weapons because they have "force" projectile like techniques like Hadouken from street fighter. you guys dont' watch much of this stuff do you? :lol:

i am new to the series but i like what i see, i am familiar with the franchise, i have been for quite some time. but i am not a master when it comes to all of the character sand plot.

chris

All saint seiya animes (sanctuary chapter, poseidon, hades, asgard, and the four movies) did not give explanation about the libra weapons. I've seen them all.

I've read somewhere over the internet about the series' character profiles. One of them stated that "Libra" bear the responsibility of keeping all saint's weapon that being banished by "Athena" because they're considered dangerous. Well, i am not sure whether this is the real fact or not. But it just nice to know more stories about the saint seiya that was not shown in the movie. :D

i have also heard that Libra was given the responsibilty to hold all the seiyas weapons,

Edited by zeo-mare

just got the Wyvern in this is probably my favorite so far until Aries comes out, the wings are real nice and the armor looks great it is more silver than i thought it would be, all the pics i saw it look purple from top to bottom.

i have the Virgo coming in next, hopefully it will come in very soon, here is my set so far.

chris

consider it done, :) i hope to have the rest of the gold cloths by the end of next month (with a little help from Eternal_D) B))

word up dood...it'll be lookin real nice all set up...trust me. ;) can't wait to get my hands on Douku, Mu, and Deathmask.

my next step in planning my display for my Saints, a nice statue of Athena, some Greek like pillars, a custom Saori figure and placed all around her are going the be the gold and bronze saints. it's going to be sweetness.

Edited by Eternal_D

yea i to have been looking for some sort of set up for them, i have seen the athena statue i thought about finding some decent greek pillars and airbrushing them a very nice gold color, so they will all match. btw Eternal D can you post pics up your set up and collection? i am also looking to get the Aries Mu i hope they do the Hades version as well.

chris

heck, I don't have it set up right now. that's just what I plan to do...right now, all my figures are just posed and standing in a bunch...not very impressive since they're so tightly positioned. i'll take some pics and put them up tomorrow...there should be a picture of the old ones somewhere in this thread tho...it's roughly the same, just add a couple new figs. :lol:

just got Virgo in this one is cool to. i like the sitting down pose.

another shot, the armor looks incredible on these you have to see them in person, there is a good amont of diecast in them, this one seems to have less than my other ones, capricorn seems to have the most so far of the ones i have, my pics for some reason do not do this figure justice.

chris

very nice, i cannot wait to get those other gold saints :rolleyes: the bronzes look nice as well, specially the green dragon armor. i am going to wait and see if they re release them as the final versions like they are about to do with the main seiya which i am planning on getting ( i think he is coming out this month). which one is your favorite Eternal D? right now mine is Wyvern at leat until Aries comes out.

chris

well, my fav gold saint is gemini...but no release of that yet and looks like I'll be waitin a while for that one.

but thus far in the toys, Rady is probably my fav with sagittarius a close second. the bronze saints are ok...but most are plagued with problems. I'd def wait on the final versions in hopes of better design.

btw have you guys seen this? I thought it was pretty funny, but cool idea at the same time.

ebay

:lol::lol::lol: yea i saw the clothes for them, my god they look silly. I cannot wait to see whos next on the list to be released, but i am definetly going to pick them up. here is another pic of my new figure, i am still getting the hang of taking pics with this camera, taking pics of shiny things seems difficult . by the way do you have any of the older figures how are they? i also saw the USA release of the Knights of the Zodiac figures, but i would rather get the best money can buy, they seem ok, you can find them real cheap on ebay.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

I'd stay away from the older figures since the Myth versions is the first ones you own. The old figures are fat and ugly, like their torsos are way too big when they have the armor on....and their headas are way too small. I wouldn't recommend them unless they are purely for nostalgic reasons. HK released all of them, but from what I understand, only the torsos are diecast as opposed to the old ones where the arm and legs were also diecast.

I just saw these cool lookin capes for the gold saints on ebay...here...looks more anime accurate and the color is better than that purplie paper thin cape that comes with the toy.

yea i have seen the capes as well, they do look nice. i might consider picking those up, i am mainly thinking about the gold Pandoras boxes for them. just out of curiousity are the limited edition metal plates any nice? someone said that they cannot be taken out of the card board packages they come in, is this true?

chris

i have the plates and while I've never tried taking them out of the cardboard back they come in, I can't imagine it being too hard to take it out. I'm sure a quick slice around the plate with an x-acto knife will do the trick.

I'm going to look for those pandora boxes while I'm in shang-hai...hopefully they'll have it for cheaper.