Netflix anime selection?

J A Dare

Anyone subscribe to Netflix? If so, how's the anime selection? Good backlog? Recent releases? Availability(quantity)? Was just thinking, for 20 bucks a month, it's way cheaper than buying DVDs to feed my anime fix.

Also, how is the Asian film selection (i.e. Korean, Chinese, HK, Japanese)?

Cheers.

they have a so so selection of anime, waaaAAaay better than say a blockbuster, but not so good as like a comic shop or korea-town shopping center.

i like other things besides anime and asian movies, so i gladly pay my 20bucks and get 3 dvds ever week. more sometimes.

I think they have a one month risk free trial month. They did when I signed up. The only thing is I cant se movies whenI feel like it. But that's where the no late fees come in. I can hold it until I have time during the weekend.

Cheers.

Anything in particular that you're looking for?

In case of Japanese films I've just seen The Returner (I think we were talking about it at the City Beach Meet) and Versus. I'm thinking about picking up Battle Royale, Shiri, and Ichi the Killer next. :ph34r:

Cheers.

Anything in particular that you're looking for?

In case of Japanese films I've just seen The Returner (I think we were talking about it at the City Beach Meet) and Versus. I'm thinking about picking up Battle Royale, Shiri, and Ichi the Killer next. :ph34r:

Woo woo...now you're talking. Yeah, all those you mentioned plus other Asian films like 2009 Lost Memories, Wonderful Days, Avalon, Princess Blade, Gen X & Y Cops, My Wife is a Ganster I & II, My Sassy Girl, Suicide Club, Volcano High, etc.

Regarding anime I'm so out of the loop on the new stuff...but older stuff I'd be interested like Patlabor TV (my 2nd fave mecha show after Macross), KOR, Maison Ikkoku, Nadesico, Dual, Sakura Diaries, OMG, Votoms, Berserk, Excel Saga, Full Metal Panic, Sakura Wars, etc.

How many movies do you typically get to rent per month?

I have seen the entire raxephon series as well as Princess mononoke and some Evangelion.

They let you have 3 movies at the time and you can keep them as long as you want to without any additional charge. When you are done viewing it you mail the movie back and the'll send you whatever you have next on your queue list. It cost about $20 per month including shipping.

If you receive a movie, keep it for 2 days and send it back the whole process takes about 4-6 days since you have 3 movies at the time you can end up watching over 10 movies on a month for $20.

When would you dream of paying that little on blockbuster?

Let alone the late fees.

One thing I have heard about Netflix is that the often run out of popular titles. I'm not sure that applies to animie but it might. They do have a large selection so it shouldn't be hard to find something. I was tempted to sign up in the past but finally decided that I just didn't have the time to watch that many movies. I'm the type of guy that likes to get his money's worth.