Can you guy recommend me a goo mech or jet anime s

Blitzwing

I would like to know if you know about some cool mech ovas to download, aside of macross...or gundam for that matter. Ive seen the first 2 patlabor movies, prefered the first one havent seen third, is it worthwile?

Do you guys can recommend me another anime with mechs much ala armored core? If not perhaps something like the yukikaze thing that USCOLMRNE suggested.

Hmmmmm... Well, f you don't mind retro styling, you may want to check out Last Exile for air-fighter action.

I would recommend you stay away from Patlabor 3, unless your a monster/horror fan.

Edited by GobotFool

Escaflowne (not armored core-ish, but sword fighting mecha). Blue Gender and Gasaraki are a few picks that might be closer if you want that style mecha. Full Metal Panic as well.

Edited by Anubis

Avoid Patlabor Wasted 13. It sucks.

Rahxephon

Try Full Metal Panic (more comedy than mecha though)

MS Gundam 8th MS team

MS gundam 0083.

Gotta love evangelion

Gasaraki

Ghost in the shell

Char's counterattack

Martian Successor Nadesico series and movie

Voices of a distant star (rent this at blockbuster)

YEah I agree with jwinges in 90%

I think Rahxephon is a must. Totally great, the best animation I had seen in this last year.

Full metal panic is a bit of everything, cool mecha action, great animation and funny as hell.

8th team is the best gundam IMHO.

Voices of a distant star, cool but deperssing.

Evangelion, a must.

Also.

Last Exile. Beautifull.

Stellvia.

Escaflowne.

Gundam 0083.

Vandread.

Full Metal Panic has good mecha fight, (the first one, not the second one. The second one is just pure comedy)

You can forget about Votom, unless you are a retro fans.

The pace of Votom is just too slow that I have to give up half way.

Area 88 is ok, I'm a big fan of the comics,

but so far the anime is just so-so.

Last Exile has really cool ariel fight, but the story kinda suck at the end.

I think Escaflowne is even better the Evangelion, definitely worth to watch.

Gasaraki is good in the first half, you can simply skip the 2nd half without missing anything.

Gundam is the mother of all mecha anime,

you can just pick up any Gundam series.

If you already know about the history of Gundam universe,

08 MS team, 0080, 0083 and Z Gundam are the best one.

If you don't have a clue on the history, you better watch it

chronically.

Voice of distance star is a must watch, just a 30 minute OVA.

Ingram only come out at the last 10 minute of Patlabor XIII,

if mecha is what you want, you can pretty much skip it.

How about Dai-Guard? I haven't seen it, but have ready pretty good things.

Giant Robot well

Full metal Panic! as said before funny as hell but hardcore at other times.

Aura Battler Dunbine Sorta like proto-escaflowne with giant robots swords, castles etc.

As for airplaneish stuff

Hmmm I would recommend Last Exile but the last 3 episodes were kinda messed.

Porco Rosso is a must. old skool WW1 planes with the best cast ever! 2nd fav Ghibli Film.

I would start recommending tons of MAD old skool giant robot shows but I don't wan't to get to carried away.

BTW- All these are being or have been released on R1 DVD's cept proco which is coming out this spring I believe

:D

Edited by bob joe mac

Thanks guys, Im currently downloading RahXephon, I liked some of the first air sequences although thatgiant bird girl is really weird, anyway if you have some more recommendations please let me know.

Now talkink about air sequences, can you guys recommend me some japanese "top gun" (aside mac plus) anime with modern orconceptual/ficticial planes, I really would like to know if some of the titles you mentioned have that air combat special macross flavor,that magic, heck good aircombat; like some kind of acecombat or air force delta movie, even if it dosnt have "mechs" just special vehicules.

I will apreciatte the help.

C'mmon guys, there must be some anime "top gun".

Something with lots of Tomcats, sukhois or futuristic planes, please help me find one.

Not really. Area 88 comes the closest I can think of and it's set in the late 70's ~ early 80's. Maybe Yukikaze might be what you're looking for, but it really didn't impress me. Most shows with planes are commedies or romances with the plane stuff as secondary plot.

I kind of felt the same with RahXephon. Its a good show with great art, animation, and an interesting story. But something just didn't click for me to consider it as one of my favorites. But definitely worth checking out.

As of Last Exile, how was the last few episodes got messed up? Can someone explain a little without giving out spoilers, as I haven't seen the show, but was about to check out the DVDs. Thanks.

You can forget about Votom, unless you are a retro fans.

The pace of Votom is just too slow that I have to give up half way.

No way, man, Votoms is the best. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say that it's slow. I don't see that at all. Plus the thing about Votoms is that the designs are actually pretty practical: not outrageously huge or overpowered like Gundam stuff. It's not as relentlessly practicality-minded as Gasaraki but it's a nice medium between a full-on, fan-servicing action show and a realistic portrayal of combat robots. And Chirico is the man.

• 2 weeks later...
You gotta watch the original TV series of Patlabor. Top notch stuff!

Just to nitpick, the TV series came later. The OVAs were the original.

To nitpick further, there were 2 OVAs, with the TV series sandwiched in between as far as release order goes. The New OVAs were basically a continuation + bonus episodes of the TV series for those who bought it on home video, so the story and art style is consistent with the TV series, whereas the old OVA series is quite different and has little to do with the TV series or the new OVA for that matter.