1/55 styrefoarm

TheFrenchOne

Okay here is my question, as far as i know the 1/55 line Super/strike/ostrich/elint from bandai or takatoku have 2 styrefoarm in the box.

Exhibit 1 :

4f_1_s.JPG

Exhibit 2 :

TN_BANDAI_VF-1S_super85_back.JPG

Exhibit 3 :

bandai_elint1.jpeg

Exhibit 4 :

bandai_strike3.jpeg

Exhibit 5 :

bandai_ostrich1.jpeg

Exhibit 6 :

TAKATOKU_VF-1S_supervalkyrie2.jpg

So why did my 1/55 Super 1S of BANDAI in the European version have only 1 unique ? :blink:

the vt-1 was unarmed in the show Southcross, it came with arm armor in the toy format for whatever reason.

I agree it's a nice collection frenchguy... why don't you have a alpha+beta yet???? Your one of the most likely to encounter it as it was only released in france... just search "gakken" on ebay france as it's not like americans actually bothered to learn french so they aren't competition :rolleyes:

My taiwanes super came packaged as one piece of "sty-ra-foam" [why the hell isn't phonetically spelled phonetically?!?!. I don't know how the 1990 "funnt head" super came packaged but I assume it was with one piece. I'm thinking that one piece is cheaper to make than two pieces. Back when they had a standard valk shape for different sets it made sense to just make a butt-load of the valk foam and the number required for the specialized "armor" foam. This applies in reverse to jetfire as the super armor styrafoam mold worked fine but the valk part had to be redone to accomidate the "americans are stupid hillbillies so the valk should have a blunted nose so children don't lose an eye and we don't et sued" mentality... same reason why hi's friggin gun didn't shoot! I still can't understand how a country that once produced lawn darts got so parinoid [nothing makes a family get-together rememberable like accidently impailing the family dog :lol: .] Damn frivolous lawsuits making poeple with more than one brain cell suffer. Hell... I'm a firm believe that rather than air-bags we should have large and sharp iron spikes in the center of our steering wheels just so we drive like rational beings rather than drugged lemmings! Lord knows I drive like a granny in my seatbelt-less camaro :unsure:

When re-issuing/bootlegging only one style armor you might as well do it in one piece to save money.

Edited by kanata67

Damn frivolous lawsuits making poeple with more than one brain cell suffer. Hell... I'm a firm believe that rather than air-bags we should have large and sharp iron spikes in the center of our steering wheels just so we drive like rational beings rather than drugged lemmings!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol::):lol::lol::lol: :passout from lack of oxygen:

Hell... I'm a firm believe that rather than air-bags we should have large and sharp iron spikes in the center of our steering wheels just so we drive like rational beings rather than drugged lemmings! Lord knows I drive like a granny in my seatbelt-less camaro :unsure:

Or everyone should drive pintos like my old Highschool PE coach. When some smart-ass said "what if I steal your car?" about something, he replied:

"Go ahead. But, I drive a pinto and its got a full tank of gas, so you've been warned. :lol: "

Didn't know the jetfires had blunted noses... :blink: Imagine the problems they'd have if cheap 1/60 valks could hit the market... Screw impaling the family dog on lawn darts, imagine the dog being impaled by a little kid throwing 1/60 valks off the roof (or just running around making stabbing motions). :ph34r:

Kid: "Fast-food bad! Fast-food kills! Fast-food bad! Fast-food kills!"

ok, now I see what you are talking about. Your styrofoam is stuck together as oppose the other which are seperate. I guess it's because it was made for European release. Maybe they have some packaging regulations that bandai had to meet in order to release these valks in Europe? I could be wrong, but I know it has to do with different country equals different packaging. :p:D:lol:

ok, now I see what you are talking about. Your styrofoam is stuck together as oppose the other which are seperate. I guess it's because it was made for European release. Maybe they have some packaging regulations that bandai had to meet in order to release these valks in Europe? I could be wrong, but I know it has to do with different country equals different packaging. :p:D:lol:

An other thing catch my attention the world macross never appear on the European version and there is no BigWest License Tab as on the Jap Version

One odd thing. My vf-1s Hikaru Strike (since sold) definitely came with a "screw-on" black heathshield rather than the clip-on one shown.

I was the original owner. . . so I know it hadn't been swapped.

Was there a clip-on variant?

H