VF-11B

samuraid

Yeah, the FP version is good and solid. May get a second one eventually.

the 11B is on my top 10 list of fav valks...but then again, there aren't that many to choose from. I wish they'd do a more detailed bigger version of the macross plus valks but like I said in the MP decepticon thread, if I want it, most likely it aint gonna happen. <_<

have yet to pick up the fast pack versions, but there seem to be plenty aroundfor about $60.

I have the original, non-FP version and never had any problems with the hips (it's been transformed at least a dozen times). However, I do have a problem fitting the parts together in fighter mode. There's always this @#%$ing gap in the middle of the plane... :angry:

Lucky you, the left leg came out in my left hand after 2 weeks (I have the original). But then, SUPER GLUE to the rescue! It's pretty visible if you know where to look but if you don't, the ugly break and glue is not that visible when looking at the thing. Although, I have the replacement someone made. Just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. :p

I have the original, non-FP version and never had any problems with the hips (it's been transformed at least a dozen times). However, I do have a problem fitting the parts together in fighter mode. There's always this @#%$ing gap in the middle of the plane... :angry:

Original non-FP here also. Already had a leg break off to my utter horror (luckily my fiancée managed to super-glue the leg back and it's functional again).

My problem is with the shield in fighter mode. The damn thing doesn't want to stay in place and keeps popping off. :angry:

VF-11 resculpt in 1/48 please! *wink-wink* *knudge-knudge* Ya know what I'm saying? :lol:

Yeah, the VF-11B is my favourite Yamato.

I haven't picked up the FP version, but I will most likely do at some point.

When I got the original one, it was a couple of months after the release and I had read about some MW members having had their 11's legs just break off straight out the box. So when it finally came to getting mine out of the packaging I was very careful (remember in those days they were packed in Battroid mode) and the first thing I did was loosen the screws slightly at the back of the legs.

It was a full year and a half and several hundred transformations (no exaggeration -- I treated it almost like a Bandai 1/55) later that one leg finally bagan to show cracks, and then broke off. Knowing this would eventually happen, I simply superglued it back again and that was that. Now it's sturdier than ever.

However, I'm sure the other leg will go at some point, but it's got years of life left in it yet. Of course, I'll be playing around with the FP version by the time that happens.

Best Yamato EVAR.

Yeah, the VF-11B is my favourite Yamato.

I haven't picked up the FP version, but I will most likely do at some point.

When I got the original one, it was a couple of months after the release and I had read about some MW members having had their 11's legs just break off straight out the box. So when it finally came to getting mine out of the packaging I was very careful (remember in those days they were packed in Battroid mode) and the first thing I did was loosen the screws slightly at the back of the legs.

It was a full year and a half and several hundred transformations (no exaggeration -- I treated it almost like a Bandai 1/55) later that one leg finally bagan to show cracks, and then broke off. Knowing this would eventually happen, I simply superglued it back again and that was that. Now it's sturdier than ever.

However, I'm sure the other leg will go at some point, but it's got years of life left in it yet. Of course, I'll be playing around with the FP version by the time that happens.

Best Yamato EVAR.

I tell you, it's worth getting. I've been playing with my VF-11B FP without any problems compared to my YF-21 FP.

I don't like the Yamato VF-11 that much, and already have the original one (right leg broken of course), but my compulsive consumist will get the FP version eventually.

I can't help but think that Yamato could do a lot better work on the 11B each time I think on the SHE version. Those big fat plastic bulks under the wings are simply annoying. The shoulders left much to be desired and so the intakes sculpt. The SHE version features a retractable heat shield for Pete's sake! But as I said I'll probably end up buying it.

I can't help but think that Yamato could do a lot better work on the 11B each time I think on the SHE version. Those big fat plastic bulks under the wings are simply annoying. The shoulders left much to be desired and so the intakes sculpt. The SHE version features a retractable heat shield for Pete's sake! But as I said I'll probably end up buying it.

I dunno... I kinda get the feeling yamato will eventually give the Macross Plus valks the justice they deserve. More specifically, SOON... maybe even planning it now.

It might just be my hopeful hypothesis, but I think it could be the reason why the YF 19 FP is being delayed and kept ULTRA secret for so long...

My problem is with the shield in fighter mode. The damn thing doesn't want to stay in place and keeps popping off. :angry:

I have the same problem with my original VF-11 (I hate this problem) and In fact I prefer fighter instead batroid for the VF-11 if we except the damn small tailfins.

I have bought the FP version just to have a shield staying in place. FP Box is in fighter mode. :) and no problem with the tailfins, cause we don't see them in these mode.

The cut-out heatshield can be improved if you're so inclined:

After cutting it out neatly, make the inner surface opaque by painting it with a solid black paint marker (maybe 2 coats). This prevents light from leaking into the cockpit and coming out at the edges as a red glow. You should also carefully paint the edges of the shield in black as well so that the frame also appears more solid. Just make sure everything is dry before putting it back on the cockpit. Try it! :-)