Got my first Yamato 1/48 Valk!

GianS

Hi

I just got my first Yamato 1/48 Valkyrie yesterday. In fact it is my first Valk ever!!!!! I got the VF-1S with Fast/Strike pack.

I have been a fan of Robotech ever since it was on TV in 1985. I always wanted one but was never able to find any. Since I was in South Africa in that time you can imagine that the Robotech goodies was extremely limited.

Anyway, although I am not a kid anymore I am still extremely fond of Robotech and have the whole DVD collection.

So, to cut a long storie short I have a neat Valkyrie now for display. At first I did not know which one to get as there is such a big selection of them available from allot of different vendors and various scales. I can hoenstly say though that I am not dissapointed.

It is immaculate. The shape seems just right and I go on and on.

Anyway, what I wanted to know: Is there a english guide fro the transformation process.

Thanks and well done Yamato!!!!!

Regards,

Gian

I wish you joy!

The purchase of a 1/48 Yamato induces a feeling of euphoria that can last for several days. During that time you just want to sit and look at your beautiful toy with a silly smile on your face. In fact it is hard to leave the room or be anywhere you can't see your new Yamato.

I bought two at once so for me it was twice as intense. I had to take them to work with me. I seriously thought of taking a sickie just to stay at home and look at them. As it was I didn't get much work done :)

I think it's in chasing that euphoric new Yamato high that people get into collecting these things. Alas as with all such highs, I'm sure it's one of diminishing returns.

So enjoy it.

But carefull you don't get hooked!

I just got my first Yamato 1/48 Valkyrie yesterday. In fact it is my first Valk ever!!!!! I got the VF-1S with Fast/Strike pack.

I have been a fan of Robotech ever since it was on TV in 1985.

Oh the Strike Pack sold separatly isn't the one used in the Robotech TV series.

If you want real TV pack (with better grey tones, and occurate arms rocket launchers) you should buy the 1/48 1J series /w fast pack.

i.e. you should buy the 1J "Rick Hunter" /w fast pack and switch it to your 1S "Roy". I know what you want because I wanted the same as you :) so just do what I said :) and don't discute it !!! ;)

Flippant_remark : several days? You mean several months, right? Yesterday I was ffrrrfffrrrrrrouusshhhhhh-ing with my toys.

Edited by Göönk

I have been a fan of Robotech ever since it was on TV in 1985.

Oh the Strike Pack sold separatly isn't the one used in the Robotech TV series.

If you want real TV pack (with better grey tones, and occurate arms rocket launchers) you should buy the 1/48 1J series /w fast pack.

i.e. you should buy the 1J "Rick Hunter" /w fast pack and switch it to your 1S "Roy". I know what you want because I wanted the same as you :) so just do what I said :) and don't discute it !!! ;)

Flippant_remark : several days? You mean several months, right? Yesterday I was ffrrrfffrrrrrrouusshhhhhh-ing with my toys.

Lol I did that. the strike pack is on the low viz for me.

I think th ejoy of a 1/48 will last a few years if not more. i I stil love to look at mine and go starry eyed. lol.

Hi

I have been a fan of Robotech ever since it was on TV in 1985. I always wanted one but was never able to find any. Since I was in South Africa in that time you can imagine that the Robotech goodies was extremely limited.

Anyway, although I am not a kid anymore I am still extremely fond of Robotech and have the whole DVD collection.

So, to cut a long storie short I have a neat Valkyrie now for display. At first I did not know which one to get as there is such a big selection of them available from allot of different vendors and various scales. I can hoenstly say though that I am not dissapointed.

It is immaculate. The shape seems just right and I go on and on.

Anyway, what I wanted to know: Is there a english guide fro the transformation process.

Thanks and well done Yamato!!!!!

Regards,

Gian

Welcome to the board and congrats on your kickass new toy...

As for transformation guides -

click here for a transformation guide as video files -

Video Transformation Guide for the 1/48

It's a big download, but it's absolutely worth it to hear G-funk say "miss-aisles" over and over again. ;)

Also, with the FAST/Strike pack, you might want to check out this thread here -

1/48 FAST pack thread.

I know I had some trouble figuring it out the first time I transformed mine...